This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would happen....?

I thought about this one night and it's quite the pickle. i don't think it's been explained before (to my knowledge)

What would happen if u walked through the event horizon of an incomming wormhole? obviously you wouldn't come out at the other end of the wormhole. so what then??? would you simply walk "through" the event horizon comming out on the other side of the same stargate?????

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...oming+wormhole
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Thankyou Qasim.

The search button if your friend!
      (Just a friendly reminder)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

ok. the only threads i could find (before i wrote this one) are ones in which people ask what would happen if u walked through the wrong side of the stargate.
        What i want to know is: what would happen if u walked through a gate when it had an incomming wormhole activated. cause they only go one way.

Comment

I found the answer anyway. there's an episode where they send a malp through and the gate it comes out of is lying down. the malp slips back through and is destroyed. rad.

Comment

I dont belive its possible to walk into the event horizon of a incoming wormhole. I mean, we know the gate automatickly can tell whats trying to force its way through the event horizon, and what isnt. Remeber in Watergate, the water entity was pushing against the gates event horizon, whice happined to be, a incoming wormhole. But the gate didnt let any water through.
            To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

No, I think it's definitely possible to walk into an incoming wormhole with evidence from A Hundred Days, as wedge said, and from A Matter of Time, when Sam drops her dog-tags into the stargate. The entire Watergate episode was a bit of a conundrum, at least to my limited understanding of Stargate physics. The water entity was apparently pushed away by the swoosh of the wormhole, but denser mass is destroyed. I don't really get it.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

now that u mention "watergate"...
                I don't like that episode ,in it a wormhole is sustained for more than 38 minutes i can deal with that because of special circumstances like time distortion which can account for that. butin that ep the reason is that a russian probe is transmitting radio waves back through the gate. teal'c says in that ep that not even the goul'd have been able to hold open a wormhole for more than 38 mins.
                So apparently the goul'd aren't smart enough to think of sending radiowaves through to make the wormhole last longer. that doesn't add up.
                well... i've had my whinge. hahah.

Comment

Remeber the episode where Jack infiltrates an off-world illegal SG operation? When he comes back through, he says, I'll be holding the door open, so you can't go anywhere else.

Then we see him standing there, with his arm in the even horizon.

Sure It's not walking into it, but we can see that he can at least get part way into it.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                  24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                  Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                    Remeber the episode where Jack infiltrates an off-world illegal SG operation? When he comes back through, he says, I'll be holding the door open, so you can't go anywhere else.

Then we see him standing there, with his arm in the even horizon.

Sure It's not walking into it, but we can see that he can at least get part way into it.
                    but u have to be completly in for you to be sent, which means jack's arm wasnt sent, but dematerialized. but if you cant walk into the incoming wormhole, then how can u send messages through?

Comment

you can send messages through because: a wormhole only sends matter through one way however........radio waves and other forms of energy can be transmitted both ways

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                        but u have to be completly in for you to be sent, which means jack's arm wasnt sent, but dematerialized. but if you cant walk into the incoming wormhole, then how can u send messages through?
                        you can't be sent through an incoming wormhole, but people can enter. At least partly.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                        24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                        Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                          you can't be sent through an incoming wormhole, but people can enter. At least partly.
                          thats my point, jacks arm de materialized ready for sending, but radiowaves can still be sent through

Comment

Well thats true... But when sam droped her dog tags into the gate, there was a black hole on the other side that was effecting the wormhole. Hmm... maybe it is possible to walk through a incoming wormhole.... but the question is, can u remiterialize on the other side?
                            To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

You also have to remeber that radio waves are a energy, not matter. So it would make sence for energy to pass both ways through the gate.
                              To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

Working...
                              X