This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Final Conflict - newbie w/ quest?

Ive recentlly been getting into EFC , back when it was on I never paid it no mind. I wasnt really into alot of scif genre in the 90's I was in my late teens an didnt care much for keeping up with TV shows etc.

Now Im 28 and a huge scifi fan. I ve been thru series after series an i found myself tracking down EFC episodes , an have no just about finished the series. Almost!

but this was at a time where the net is no where near what it is today with fandom , behind the scenes stuff , etc

So my question[s] has to do with the behind the scens stuff .
    Why Did EFc give up/ Did it get cancelled or what?
    Is this the same company/writers that did Andromeda?
    Cause i noticed they both give credit to gene/majel roddenberry.
    Both went 5 yrs ,
    Does Majel Roddenberry have any other series in the works?

why did they go thru so many main cast actors?

Boone left at the end of season 1 , what was that about?

Then they went thru a musical chairs of main cast ,

Liam , Lilly , Auger, Renee , Street, and the aliens,The season 5 men whom came an went all season includeing Boone coming back?

and what made the writers go from the taelon/Jaridians into the Ativus?

Did they not execpt on going to season 5 , or did were thy trying to revamp the series w/ a different villan?

I know these are alot of questions, Ive looked around the web but havent found much about it,

I guess my main questions pretain to Boone / Majel Rddenberry

Thanks alot

ECHO28

Originally posted by ECHO28
    So my question[s] has to do with the behind the scens stuff .
    Why Did EFc give up/ Did it get cancelled or what?
    Wow, you're asking a lot First of all, welcome to Sci Fi. Second of all, welcome to Earth: Final Conflict, one of the best shows that went terribly wrong (lol). No, it didn't get cancelled, it had a 5 year run, and ended on a positive and final note.

Is this the same company/writers that did Andromeda?
    Don't think so. I hadn't ever checked, though.

Cause i noticed they both give credit to gene/majel roddenberry.
    Both went 5 yrs ,
    Does Majel Roddenberry have any other series in the works?
    Knowing her, I'm sure she does... but again, I can't be for certain.

why did they go thru so many main cast actors?
    This was unfortunate... the first change was because the actor who played Boon wanted to quit, so they had to think up something. Thus enter the new main character (who I didn't like as much as Boon but grew on me). Personally, I liked the girl who became a major player in season 5, but they dubbed her the "Ativus Killer" because the show was a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and many believe it would have been a better show as a seperate show rather then season 5 of E:FC.

Boone left at the end of season 1 , what was that about?
    Like mentioned above, he wanted to do something else.

Then they went thru a musical chairs of main cast ,

Liam , Lilly , Auger, Renee , Street, and the aliens,The season 5 men whom came an went all season includeing Boone coming back?
    Don't get the question, but yes, there was a game of musical chairs... again, it was partially due to bad writing or at least no real "main idea" many times it felt like the writers were making the show up as they were going along.

and what made the writers go from the taelon/Jaridians into the Ativus?
    No clue... it was a big mistake in my opinion, the Ativus were like really badly done Stargate Wraith. Like I said, it would have been ok, but the 5th season was VERY different from the rest of the show, and they sort of slapped it all together.

Did they not execpt on going to season 5 , or did were thy trying to revamp the series w/ a different villan?

I know these are alot of questions, Ive looked around the web but havent found much about it,
    Revamp probably, but I think they were again just throwing crap into the show as they went along, which is not the best way to create TV shows lol

That being said, I own E:FC on DVD (seasons 3-5) and I currently found 1-2 because there is some problems getting season 1-2 on DVD (some company has the rights to the first 2 seasons and won't put 'em on DVD yet).

Loved the show, but it was very badly plotted out lol
    I guess my main questions pretain to Boone / Majel Rddenberry

Thanks alot[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks a whole lot , Thats what i was looking for a lil clarity!

I know it was a long and odd post , but i basiclly just put everything to see if it spawned different discussions but you did a great job of getting me up to speed.

yeah EFC was a great show

Dont hold me to this but i couldve swore i saw season 1 ,2 at best buy a while back. I live In south carolina [us]

Cause i was specificlly looking for efc related dvds , but i had already saw season 1-2 at the time so i guess i didnt pay it much attention.

I had old taped episodes of seaon one that my friend used his vcr/dvd combo thing to tranfer em to dvd .

So that done the trick for me,

-

Yeah season 5 was alot different , I never heard the Btvs comparison but now that i think about it - its dead on.

Yeah I was more into Boone , i guess cause i started the series at the bery 1 st ep - even though it was already off the air by the time i even started the series.

I didnt catch sg1 until it was in syndication season 3 - season 5 on showtime
      so ever since then if i can help it , i start a new series with the pilot.
      I may skip eps here an there if they aint doing anything for me but always try to see the season premiere/finales in order.

well thanks

ECHO28

Comment

oh an BTW, thanks for your warm welcome!

I m a newbie to EFC , but not really scifi in general.
        I been into alot of the series real hardcore for a few yrs now.

I used to post on the old forum , before gateworld opened up its own
        under - Retu_Warrior

an on the old solutions forum
        as Master_Bry'tac
        cause my name is bryan - clever huh

ECHO28

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
          No, it didn't get cancelled, it had a 5 year run, and ended on a positive and final note.
          Really? I thought it just fizzled out. Would you mind telling me how everything wound down? I tried to keep up with the last season but it just seemed to disappear without fanfare.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Really? I thought it just fizzled out. Would you mind telling me how everything wound down? I tried to keep up with the last season but it just seemed to disappear without fanfare.
            Uh, I haven't seen it in a while lol but from what I can recall... Taelons turned into Ativus, their "primal" form... and, to save myself from a headache I found the answer:

Final Conflict Agent Sandoval is fed up with serving the deranged alien overlord Howlyn, but goes after Renee anyway, for personal revenge. Renee and Sandoval have their final showdown, in which Sandoval is killed. As he dies, Sandoval tells Renee that he has no regrets and would gladly do the past 5 years all over again. Meanwhile, Howlyn attempts to activate the Atavus mothership to attack Earth, but his impatience results in the engines overheating and exploding. Howlyn's warriors finally realize what an idiot he is, and their leader fights and kills him, only to be killed by Renee who shows up a few seconds later with a huge energy cannon that conveniently vaporizes the previously invincible Atavus. Howlyn's son vows to return his people to their homeworld, where they won't have to feed on humans. In the end, Howlyn's son, Renee, Liam Kincaid, and Ra'jal (the last Taelon) leave aboard the Taelon mothership to explore the universe together.

Yay, everyone is happy

Comment

I guess I missed all that. What happened to Street?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I loved the show with Boone.

I liked the show with Liam Kincaid.

I endured the show with Renay.

The show began to really suck with the departure of Liam Kincaid and the Talons. I hated the Ativus. I so dislike the last few seasons with the Ativus and Renay, that I try to think of it as a sort of disconnected alternate reality that has nothing to do with the first few seasons. Like Andromeda it was a show that had real potential that ended going the way of the Dodo. I mourned the loss of the Talons. Before the Ativus, the show had a mysterious quality that kept me hooked. I wanted to know what the big secret was that the aliens were hiding, because it seemed really exciting and huge. Then it ended up being anticlimatical.

Sort of like a movie with an incredible trailer, and then when you see the end of the movie you just feel really let down. The end of the show didn't fulfill the promise of its premise. I HATE when that happens.
                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  In the end, Howlyn's son, Renee, Liam Kincaid, and Ra'jal (the last Taelon) leave aboard the Taelon mothership to explore the universe together.

Yay, everyone is happy
                  How fairy-talish
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                    Sort of like a movie with an incredible trailer, and then when you see the end of the movie you just feel really let down. The end of the show didn't fulfill the promise of its premise. I HATE when that happens.
                    Yeah that pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I liked Liam but the moment he was gone the show really sunk. They could have done a much better job with the secret and how it wound up. I really thought they were on a straightforward path and then came this ativis thing and it was woohooo... vampires.

Comment

Working...
                    X