This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I have noticed.

When it comes to the male threads in this section they are called Thunk. However, when we get to the female threads they are usualy appercation threads. I just want to know why? Is it because guys don't post in here enought to have a Sam Carter is so <mod snip> hot I would <mod snip> right now thread?
    Last edited by Major Tyler; 07 January 2006, 09:14 PM. Reason: removed vulgarities
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

There are some Female "Thunk" threads. The guys call them "WOW" threads. There are a few out there. You just have to look farther into the Thread listing.

And Yes. I do believe you guys are VERY outnumbered. At least in the Characters and Relationships Section.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

The Sam Carter is hot stuff goes on in the Sams a great character thread along with everything else that goes on in there
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

what does thunk mean?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
        24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
        Both heavily admined.

Comment

Read the faq dude - http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...s#faq_netlingo
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

The real reason those of us with a Y chromosome don't come out and bluntly state the purpose of threads of this variety is that we know that somewhere, someone is going to be offended by it and that we'll sooner or later be slapped with a sexual harrasment lawsuit or we'll be reported to our Imperial Overseers with complaints regarding how we callously and offensivly objectified the woman in question and/or the entire half of the species.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              I should of looked at that when i first joined, posted a few posts in the O'Neill thunk thread, I thought it meant appreciation( i didnt know it meant what it meant ), but then i got the shock of my life when i got curious about the posts being posted and i asked what thunk meant and left the characters and relationship forum lol
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                The real reason those of us with a Y chromosome don't come out and bluntly state the purpose of threads of this variety is that we know that somewhere, someone is going to be offended by it and that we'll sooner or later be slapped with a sexual harrasment lawsuit or we'll be reported to our Imperial Overseers with complaints regarding how we callously and offensivly objectified the woman in question and/or the entire half of the species.
                You've hit the nail on the head there Cory. If males came out and thunked over females in the same way and did things like post a female equivalent of "crotch shots" or "boxer shots" they'd be hung, drawn and quartered! They'd be perverts, pigs, chauvinists etc. Not that I am arguing for the male right to thunk by any means but it seems diametrically opposite types of behaviour by the two genders. Even the WOW threads don't seem to contain much males they're more about women appreciating women. In this modern day it seems it's one rule for one gender and another for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
                  You've hit the nail on the head there Cory. If males came out and thunked over females in the same way and did things like post a female equivalent of "crotch shots" or "boxer shots" they'd be hung, drawn and quartered!
                  Not by me. I see it as fair game, which is why I wouldn't enter the female Wow threads. I do think sometimes the Thunks go OTT *which is what reporting is for* but mostly it is all harmless fun and if it is a "good" Thunk someone will speak up and pull the rest into line. Maybe the Wow threads are not so well guarded?

I have to say no-one seemed to worry when posting in the "send in the boobs" thread about being too PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
                    You've hit the nail on the head there Cory. If males came out and thunked over females in the same way and did things like post a female equivalent of "crotch shots" or "boxer shots" they'd be hung, drawn and quartered! They'd be perverts, pigs, chauvinists etc. Not that I am arguing for the male right to thunk by any means but it seems diametrically opposite types of behaviour by the two genders. Even the WOW threads don't seem to contain much males they're more about women appreciating women. In this modern day it seems it's one rule for one gender and another for the other.
                    You're so right, it is one rule for the girls and one for the guys. The girls would freak at our 'sexist' behaviour if we copied what they do. But I guess there are other sites that meet such needs...

Something I notice is that while there are 'whump' threads for male characters like Dan and Shep, there are no such threads for the females. (One GW member did try to start a 'Sam whumping' thread a few months back but got precisely 0 replies! and there's a good reason for that). Whumping girls is not nice, your mummy didn't bring you up that way. Girls whump guys because they like to see strong men looking vulnerable for a change and fantasize about taking care of them. My sis has a thing about Indiana Jones, in the first film, where he's been whumped and then a TLC moment with the girl turns into a seduction. This is the essence of whumping, and it's a girl thing. If you even got past the iffiness and un-PC-ness of the concept, guys wouldn't want to take care of a whumped girl, they'd be off tracking down and beating the s**t out of the whumper!

Similarly, I think girls are more into 'appreciation' generally. There is a Janet 'thunk' thread, I believe, BTW, but I have to say (based on a huge poll of 1) I'm not that bothered about hanging about in thunk/whump/wow threads. Though I do appreciate the odd juicy pic, I don't want to spend all day looking at 'em.
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                      When it comes to the male threads in this section they are called Thunk. However, when we get to the female threads they are usualy appercation threads. I just want to know why? Is it because guys don't post in here enought to have a Sam Carter is so <Mod Snip>hot I would <Mod Snip> her right now thread?
                      I think the guys do WOW threads because their jaws drop, while the women do THUNK threads because their entire bodies drop to the floor.

Just a thought.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 09 January 2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I have to admit, back in the day (Sept 2004) I tried to start a "can women do the thunk thing too?" thread, as a "thunk" thread for sam and janet..... it turned into a bit of a fiasco and got dropped into the pit of oblivion. I mean off topic. But seriously, sam drooling goes on in the samandan (Sam's a great character) thread, dirty comments aided by Agent Dark, Qasim, Droops and myself.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Can I ask a question on a related topic - why no slashing on these forums? I've just visited another where Jack/Daniel slashing in particular seems to be rife.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

These are PG forums nots probably the reason, just to point out that the "thunk" threads do have guys in them as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              I have to admit, back in the day (Sept 2004) I tried to start a "can women do the thunk thing too?" thread, as a "thunk" thread for sam and janet..... it turned into a bit of a fiasco and got dropped into the pit of oblivion. I mean off topic. But seriously, sam drooling goes on in the samandan (Sam's a great character) thread, dirty comments aided by Agent Dark, Qasim, Droops and myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X