This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a problem with Jonas Quinn.

I assume that you all recall when our beloved Dr Jackson ascended to a higher plain of existence and all that was left of him was a small, hollow area where his position on SG-1 should've been, correct?

At this point I was all for introducing a new member to the team...But Quinn, Jonas Quinn? I mean c'mon! Jonas [insert naughty word] Quinn!? It's...Insane.

Anyone want to agree with me here or are you all little Quinn-lovers?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Originally posted by mappalazarou
    I assume that you all recall when our beloved Dr Jackson ascended to a higher plain of existence and all that was left of him was a small, hollow area where his position on SG-1 should've been, correct?

At this point I was all for introducing a new member to the team...But Quinn, Jonas Quinn? I mean c'mon! Jonas [insert naughty word] Quinn!? It's...Insane.

I definitely agree with you. He tried to frame poor Daniel for sabotage, for cryin' out loud!

Also, he was never more than a halfhearted Daniel wannabe. Judging from the limited numer of S6 eps I've opted to watch, I don't think he ever developed as his own character. He looked like a promising character in "Meridian," but he sort of fizzled out as a member of SG-1. He was a replacement for Daniel, period. In short, the character of Jonas Quinn was very poorly written.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      Also, he was never more than a halfhearted Daniel wannabe.
      Yep
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Jonas wasn't just poorly written...I think he was more of a tag-along to SG-1 rather than a true member to the team. Plus, he smelt of cabbage...(there's no denying that.)
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Jonas wasn't just poorly written...I think he was more of a tag-along to SG-1 rather than a true member to the team. Plus, he smelt of cabbage...(there's no denying that.)

Cabbage? Have they invented smellovision?

I think Jonas could have done well given more time, but with everyone wanting dear Daniel back, he really didn't have a chance. I do wish the actor the best, though.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Like to know why you are bringing this up now? Also like to actually hear the argument against him because you haven't offered one here! "I mean c'mon!" is not an argument.

Michael Shanks chose to leave, so what should they have done gone with a completely new type of character or one similar to Daniel that they felt people could like.

Just because Michael then chose to come back and they let him, doesn't make the JQ character any less part of SG-1 IMO. Yes I liked Daniel but I also liked Jonas. I never had a problem with him and those that do can {insert naughty word of my own}.

Just like Pete he never had a chance in Hell of the over the top fans excepting him, and in the end that is why Cameron will never be fully excepted either and why SG-1 will in all likely hood die at the end of Season 10. Fans are so fickle with this show.

Comment

Only seven posts in I've had to delete posts for namecalling and bickering; not quite a Record, but close. I look at the initial post for this thread and can't see how it can go in any way but downhill.

Check out this thread where people argue the merits and demerits of the character without shouting at other posters.
              Last edited by Madeleine; 29 December 2005, 10:28 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
              X