This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artemis Fowl Discussion Thread

Has anybody here read Artemis Fowl? I just finished Opal Deception (got it for Christmas). What is your favorite scheme? Any Holly/Artemis shippers out there? (ewww, interspeices shipping ) Do you think there should be a movie? Will Artemis ever stop being criminal? (god, I hope not ) When will Artemis start dating? Will Artemis's parents ever find out what he's up to? Who do you think will be the next villain? For every three questions you respond to, think of one new question to keep it going.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

I don't feel like playing twenty questions right now, but yes I have read all four Artemis Fowl books. They were quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
      I don't feel like playing twenty questions right now, but yes I have read all four Artemis Fowl books. They were quite good.
      I didn't mean for it to be twenty questions. That was just an idea.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
          I was just too tired to come up with questions and answer them.

Comment

I've read all of the books. I finished the Opal deception a while ago. I wouldn't say it's the best but it was certainly very well done. He made some big changes to the characters which I think needed to be done. I also recently read the Supernaturalist which I thought was really good despite a bit of a rushed ending.
            "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
            I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Boch
              I've read all of the books. I finished the Opal deception a while ago. I wouldn't say it's the best but it was certainly very well done. He made some big changes to the characters which I think needed to be done. I also recently read the Supernaturalist which I thought was really good despite a bit of a rushed ending.
              What's the Supernaturalist?

Comment

It's another book by Eoin Colfer. It's very good.
                I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Boch
                  It's another book by Eoin Colfer. It's very good.
                  Thanks for the info.
                  Haven't seen it before but have to look for it and read it.

Comment

I have read Artemis Fowl, as well as the Supernaturalist. Wasnt over keen on the Opal Deception, but the Eternity code was my personal favourite. Are there going to be any more of them?
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

That book was awesome. I've read Supernaturalist, The Wish List, and the Artemis Fowl series, and I think only the wish list has been completely tied up. I'm sure there will be more of the Supernaturalist and Artemis Fowl. The ending to Opal Deception pretty much ensures there will be more. There are a few (okay maybe one, I'll have to check again) references between it and Artemis Fowl, but it made me think about a crossover between them, or perhaps they take place in the same timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                        That book was awesome. I've read Supernaturalist, The Wish List, and the Artemis Fowl series, and I think only the wish list has been completely tied up. I'm sure there will be more of the Supernaturalist and Artemis Fowl. The ending to Opal Deception pretty much ensures there will be more. There are a few (okay maybe one, I'll have to check again) references between it and Artemis Fowl, but it made me think about a crossover between them, or perhaps they take place in the same timeline.
                        More Artemis Fowl, good...

I want more Fowl books!
                        Last edited by Oranos; 30 December 2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I started reading the Wish List but got put off by something. It wasn't really engaging. I got up to where Meg got sent back down. Is the rest worth the read Exiled Master?

Spoiler:

Comment

The ending is great. But I think I know why you would be put off. I think the book needed some more technobabble or special spiritual devices or something.

Comment

They're decent. The charcters are more memorable then the plots though. I can't remember any of the first book. *eyes it on the shelf two feet away*

Comment

Working...
                              X