This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Gerak a Jaffa or a Punk-Poser

IF such a Jaffa would demand this much respect among the entire Republic, then why would such a man/warrior ever acquiese and bowdown to the Ori as he had done?

He defended the ORI slaughtering his own people during the Beach Head Incident during Council Deliberations. Would such a Leader, who once stated that not even the Tauri could be trusted, defend another race of people or beings in the midst of overwhelming proof?

He Trembled upon hearing the prior admonish him like a punk a@@ boy when he chose not to slaughter Tealc & Company in the Fourth Horseman part I and begged the Prior for Forgiveness. Yet, his character is so brazen to threaten the Tauri / SG-1 with reprisal if they did not join him in attacking the Prior during the Beach Head Incident and was always suspicious of Tealc, the Tauri, and anoyone else who would pose a threat to his ever-growing power over the JAffa NAtion. Why would such a character change so suddenly...is this believable in your eyes?
    Last edited by shiznaw; 28 December 2005, 11:08 AM.

I think it has to do with Garak's lust for power. He has manuvered and manipulated his way to the head of the council. Then he finds out he can ascend to Godhood (probably his secret wish) from the Ori. He believes this completely, since the Priors are not bad manipulaters themselves, and therefore, believes that he will go down in history as the great "Moses" type figure who brought the Jaffa true enlightenment. Garak thinks big. It's all about self glorification for him, IMO.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
    X