• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rowling To Start Last Potter

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=33888

Rowling To Start Last Potter

Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling wrote on her official Web site that she will begin writing the seventh and final volume in her best-selling series in January. "For 2006 will be the year when I write the final book in the Harry Potter series," Rowling wrote in a Christmas message. "I contemplate the task with mingled feelings of excitement and dread, because I can't wait to get started, to tell the final part of the story and, at last, to answer all the questions (will I ever answer all of the questions? Let's aim for most of the questions); and yet it will all be over at last and I can't imagine life without Harry."
    sigpic

A shame that it is the last, but we knew it was gonna happen, lets just hope she makes it the best yet to send the series off with a bang
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

And I know how this book is going to end (So if you really want to know how the last book ends, then highlight the spoiler)
      Spoiler:
      Harry Potter dies, I heard about it on the news
      sigpic

Comment

I suppose its to be expected.
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I know how it ends...

They all die.

... *shrug*

Someone's going to die besides the bad guys

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            And I know how this book is going to end (So if you really want to know how the last book ends, then highlight the spoiler)
            Spoiler:
            Harry Potter dies, I heard about it on the news
            What is your source? It could have come from a website just trying to create traffic. I've seen that a lot in video game sites. I wouldn't put it past many news channels to start a rumor. They start up the rumor mill and soon the lies are self sustaining. I think there's a lot of potential for another series, but whether it turns out to be a second generation or the previous generation (James, Lily, Sirius, Severus), or a sidesplitting comedy following the exploits of the Weasley twins.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The theory that Harry Potter will die at the end of the 7th book has been debated for several years now. I personally believe that he will live but will be the Harry Potter we all knew and loved will change into a man, hence the death of his boyhood innocence ( if you can call it that ).

Comment

I sure hope they don't kill off Harry.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There are so many ridiculous rumours and none are to be believed (Pillar of Storge..... ).....The death in the last book people saw coming because it was the ultimate necessity.....not because some "source" dug it up.....and some claimed that they did.....

ANYWAY, here's to hoping J.K. will surprise, shock, and ultimatly please her readers. And I don't doubt that she will.

Comment

I hope for the love of my anti-cat...ness, they kill off Hermiones cat Lol.

Hermione: "Harry, n-"
                    Suddenly, Voldemort apparates in, zaps Hermiones cats, gives Harry a wink and apperates out.

The end! (Lol, this is of course, not true, I just have so much fun messing around with Harry Potter, thinking of a fan fiction where the muggles nuke everywhere the wizarfs have ever been seen, therefore killing the entire planet.)

P.S. Alot of my fanfictions have Earth being destroyed.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                      What is your source? It could have come from a website just trying to create traffic.
                      MSNBC, I think it was a rumor.
                      sigpic

Comment

I heared she has already completed the 7th book and they are dragging it out.

Comment

No she finished the final chapter back when she started the series, but the rest is all yet to be written
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            No she finished the final chapter back when she started the series, but the rest is all yet to be written
                            I read that too, on wikipedia I think. Somebody should try to write a fanfic like that. Have any other authors tried that?
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

:cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X