This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the population find out?

If this has been asked before than I'm apologising for repeating the question. I've searched and didn't find it.
    Is the population of Earth ever going to find out about the stargate and the other worlds? I don't know why they keep it secret. It has been shown troughout the series that the population of other planets knows about the stargate, so why not us too? There is even an episode when Carter takes a student trough the gate to give her a reason to keep studying physics, or something like that. I mean we could even produce much better tech with the information received from the explorations. We could be better. Are the humans considered to be so stupid that all of them will panic? I mean ofcourse some will, maybe the majority, but the goverments should try to explain to the population that something like that exists. After all, it's just a matter of time before everyone knows.
    I personaly think that will be the end of the show.
    Opinions on that...?

One more thing: I made a mistake by making this thread here. I meant it for sg-1.
    SORRY

Comment

Yea - but dont forget every other race we've met have been slaves or fear the Stargate - believing it to be the gate of their 'Gods'. The reason it would be kinda...itchy to reveal the gate now is the fact that were not a whole population, were split into groups, countries and we have an annoying habit of fighting each other. So 'gate wouldnt be equal, we'd all want it.

(in other words we'd probs kill each other all wanting our own say + people might go hysterical)

Blitz
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Well news of the gate in "Disclosure" wasnt very well excepted and on a grand scale I think we would see the events of "Icon" but 100 times worse
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

others on earth might not be so sympathic towards exploration of our galaxy. they could see it as waste of money and resources when they could be better spent on earth. you'll always get some people like kinsey who want nothin to do with others until it affects them personally

Comment

If the population did ever find out about the stargate the Earth would be destroyed by wars. Russia is already nearing a war at certain times because America is not sharing information about it like their agreement states

Comment

Ok, I admit that issues about who holds the gate are very possible, so I'll try something else: maybe in the reasonably near future when the population of Earth is much more unified: USA, EU, RUSIA, or something like that.
              Or maybe take an island, make it a no man's land and just put the gate there. Some military personnel to guard it and scientists from all over the world and that's it. Kinda like that episode with the Aschen.

Comment

I just thought about it: when the goauld were on earth, did they argue about who holds the gate? Just imagine:

lord Yu: hey, Ra, uhm...... may I use your gate?Uhm... I've lost mine. Uhm... Pretty please...
                Ra: Uhm...Nope

Comment

Ah ah ah!

Yu: Go on...I'll give you some jaffa
                  Ra: Uhm...ok then, but only for a few hours
                  Yu: Thanks, I'll transport them into your mothership

*Yu walks away and mutters to his First Prime - Arm the super weapon mwha ha ha

Comment

hey! isn't that how it happend? maybe in an alternate universe?

Comment

The fact that STILL no one has found out is getting a bit annoying for me because the Stargate has been around for ages and it's bound that something would have slipped out.
                      However, if and when they should end the show, the last episodes should be about civilians finding out about the gate

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                      - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                      - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                      - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                      - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                      - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

If u remember it was leaked out, when Sam+Jack went to the white house and the guy got ran over? like season 2 or 3
                        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

This issue is far too complex for the show to handle. Any way they did it, it would be inadequate. Thats I'll bet we won't see it on the show, until maybe the SG-1 finale (the actual aftermath likely still won't be shown).
                          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

they do find out. Remember that eiposde in the future. With the tours of the SGC and the gate being used for travel by the public?

Or would that all be erased with the sending of the note back in time?

I think I just confused myself.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                            24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                            Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                              they do find out. Remember that eiposde in the future. With the tours of the SGC and the gate being used for travel by the public?

Or would that all be erased with the sending of the note back in time?

I think I just confused myself.
                              The future of "2010" no longer exists, because the past was altered by the note being sent back. Theoretically, altering the past changes the future.

And on-topic, the show could probably never handle adequately the public revelation of the Stargate. But it should happen in the last episode, and we see SG-1 finally get public recognition for what they've done.
                              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                              X