Clear All

"The Triangle" watched by over 28 million

From the Futon Critic:

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
    SCI FI #1 ON CABLE IN THE KEY DEMOGRAPHIC OF ADULTS 25-54 FOR WEEK OF 12/5
    Released by Sci Fi

SCI FI #1 ON CABLE IN THE KEY DEMOGRAPHIC OF ADULTS 25-54 FOR WEEK OF 12/5

THE TRIANGLE WATCHED BY OVER 28 MILLION! *

NEW YORK -- December 13, 2005 -- SCI FI earned the #1 spot on cable for the week of 12/5/2005-12/11/2005 with P25-54, topping all 66 measured cable networks and delivering nearly 1.3 million viewers (P25-54) in prime time (M-Su 8pm-11pm). Across its 15 telecasts (12/5-12/11), 'Bryan Singer and Dean Devlin Present The Triangle' scored over 28 million viewers (P2+).*

Week of 12/5 (M-Su 8pm-11pm):

--SCI FI had its best week in overall ratings (1.9 HH) and delivery (2.2 million P2+) since week two of 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' in December 2002 (12/9-12/15: 2.5 HH/3 million P2+).

--Third highest-rated and most-watched week for SCI FI, behind the two-week run of 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN.'

--The Channel has also had its best week in P18-49 (1 million) and P25-54 (1.3 million) since the 'Battlestar Galactica' miniseries in December 2003 (12/8-12/14: 1.1 million P18-49, 1.3 million P25-54**).

--Over 14 million unique total viewers (14.3 million P2+) and more than 8 million unique P25-54s watched one of the first 12 telecasts of 'The Triangle.'

--'The Triangle' brought in 4.9 million (P2+) new viewers to SCI FI.

'Bryan Singer and Dean Devlin Present The Triangle:'

--The six-hour original miniseries event scored an average 3.6 HH rating over its three night original run (December 5-7 @ 9-11pm) ? making it the highest-rated miniseries on SCI FI since the Emmy Award-winning 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' (2002).

--'The Triangle' made SCI FI Channel the #1 primetime (8-11pm) destination in cable among P25-54 for all three nights that it aired. And 45% of those P25-54 were women ? SCI FI's best delivery of F25-54 since 'TAKEN.' The miniseries averaged 4.2 million viewers a night (P2+).

The miniseries marks the first collaboration between Hollywood filmmaking talents Bryan Singer ('X-Men,' 'Superman Returns') and Dean Devlin ('Independence Day'), with a teleplay by Rockne S. O'Bannon from a story by O'Bannon and Singer & Devlin.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

28 million and it didn't even score bigger than Taken. That's a shocker.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice numbers, I'll give it that.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was very good
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Congrats Dean and Brain......now get Dean to do a cameo on Stargate!!!!
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

i watched it, thought it was pretty decent.
            was really hoping for something more supernatural than a naval experiement though.
            at least it wasn't aliens, i'll give it that.

also, catherine bell makes me tingle in all the right places.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
              also, catherine bell makes me tingle in all the right places.
              I think I know what you mean. Definitely an attractive woman. Good performance, too.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I think I know what you mean. Definitely an attractive woman. Good performance, too.
                just watch her in Bruce Almighty.

ding ding ding.

Comment

I wasn't expecting much, but I liked it better than "Taken" (which I thought was way too slow). Was pleasantly surprised to find I rather liked "The Triangle" overall. Hope that SciFi can come up with more like this, instead of the "Mansquito" type garbage we've been getting.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I wasn't expecting much, but I liked it better than "Taken" (which I thought was way too slow). Was pleasantly surprised to find I rather liked "The Triangle" overall. Hope that SciFi can come up with more like this, instead of the "Mansquito" type garbage we've been getting.
                    how about

Tremors 14: Yes, Another Movie

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                      Congrats Dean and Brain......now get Dean to do a cameo on Stargate!!!!
                      Maybe when hell freezes over.

Seriously, I don't think Devlin and his producing partner on the Stargate movie want anything to do with the current tv Stargate franchise, since it's not the way they envisioned things when they originally planned a trilogy of SG films.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I think the Sci-Fi channel should really just stick with Mini-series, rather than the pantheon of pathetic movies they've delivered. Sci-Fi Mini-series have pretty consistantly knocked the ball out of the park, while their movies seem to mostly be strike-out losers. If their going to make something, it should be good. I'd rather have only 2 or 3 (maybe 4?), very good mini-series a year, rather than a dozen or more B movies.

But... that's just me.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                          I think the Sci-Fi channel should really just stick with Mini-series, rather than the pantheon of pathetic movies they've delivered. Sci-Fi Mini-series have pretty consistantly knocked the ball out of the park, while their movies seem to mostly be strike-out losers. If their going to make something, it should be good. I'd rather have only 2 or 3 (maybe 4?), very good mini-series a year, rather than a dozen or more B movies.

But... that's just me.
                          Totally agree, most of the sci-fi original movies are total crap. When I read the synopses of them they sound like something a 10 year old would come up with (and not a very gifted 10 year old at that).

Sci-fi should make more mini-series, I´d personally like to see more space based ones that could then be made into a tv series if well recieved like BSG was.

Comment

Working...
                          X