PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler for Season 10, More Ships.

Lord Anubis
December 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM
i was reading season 10 spoilers and they said something about 'Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role'. I love space battles do you think that in Season 9 Earth will have built several new battleships and which episode any ideas? Or do you think when season 10 starts they will have numerous ships so therefore they built them between season 9 and season 10.

two more questions

which episode will Richard Dean Anderson show in i know he was shown at the end of one episode any more before the end of season 9?

does anyone else find it funny that they said that season 9 will be their last season but yet there making another season i find that good and funny

many thanks

Darren
December 14th, 2005, 10:09 AM
No more RDA in Season Nine.

Nobody said S9 would be the last. Now, they've been saying that about every season since Five, but with the cast and story changes this year the producers and network have been talking about SG-1 as in many ways a brand new show that could go on for several more years.

The Signal
December 14th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Well we will have 3 by the end of S9, and we may have more by the start of S10, including something from Atlantis' penultimate episode that may effect the way things in Atlantis and SG1 pan out in the next year. We may get more Earth Cruisers soon, but I cant see us getting very many for the time being.

Nem2k
December 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM
tbh im kinda disappointed, this show is turning into Star Trek :S
well, thats a bad example, but you know what i mean, this was never a show about Earth having big space ships

spg_1983
December 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
personally i dont see the rate of ships being built increasing very much as long as they keep going about it in such an inefficient way. the major resources for building them must be harvested off world which must be mined and brought back through the gate. with such a slow and limited supply they should byuild a series of smaller transport ships to travel and gather resources and bring them back by ship instead of just devoting all their resources to massive ships that are probalby plagued by shut downs in building while they wait for materiels.

theStormWeaver
December 14th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I don't see the show's feel changeing that much. Many people are exaggerateing the influence a couple ships will have. The show will never be about Earth haveing a big fleet. Compared to most ship possesing cultures, our fleet is pathetic. Three ships? Hah, thats nothing. We'll be luck to have a dozen ships in the next three years, and I can guarentee that by the time we build a decent number of ships several will be destroyed by the Ori fleet.

<-- EDIT -->

P.S. spg 1983, your avatar is awesome. I love M*A*S*H, and Alan Alda is a great actor.

Qasim
December 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
personally i dont see the rate of ships being built increasing very much as long as they keep going about it in such an inefficient way. the major resources for building them must be harvested off world which must be mined and brought back through the gate. with such a slow and limited supply they should byuild a series of smaller transport ships to travel and gather resources and bring them back by ship instead of just devoting all their resources to massive ships that are probalby plagued by shut downs in building while they wait for materiels.I think that they should build them offworld

immhotep
December 14th, 2005, 10:46 AM
i was reading season 10 spoilers and they said something about 'Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role'. I love space battles do you think that in Season 9 Earth will have built several new battleships and which episode any ideas? Or do you think when season 10 starts they will have numerous ships so therefore they built them between season 9 and season 10.

two more questions

which episode will Richard Dean Anderson show in i know he was shown at the end of one episode any more before the end of season 9?

does anyone else find it funny that they said that season 9 will be their last season but yet there making another season i find that good and funny

many thanks
i think we will get approxemately four next season, 3 for earth and 1 for atlantis.....
question 2: no RDA ever, hes gone get over it, the closest anyone will ever get to oniel back is mini oniel.
SG1 and SGA will go on as long as there is enough support for it to continue, be it S11, or season 27.

theStormWeaver
December 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM
i think we will get approxemately four next season, 3 for earth and 1 for atlantis.....
question 2: no RDA ever, hes gone get over it, the closest anyone will ever get to oniel back is mini oniel.
SG1 and SGA will go on as long as there is enough support for it to continue, be it S11, or season 27.

Thats alittle harsh... But it needed to be said. There are rumours of a quick guest appearance in ep 200. But I'm skeptical. Don't want to get my hopes up!:rolleyes:

I agree, on the number of ships that is. Perhaps the ship found in Inferno will survive, but with severely damaged systems or something. Otherwise I don't see a fourth ship that would go to Atlantis.

creed462
December 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM
They will get an anchant ship cool

immhotep
December 14th, 2005, 11:04 AM
well i think they will get an asgard full time ship their, studying the aformention aurora class ship and atlantis... that what i ment by 1 in atlantis, under the juristicton of wier.

spg_1983
December 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I think that they should build them offworldi dont think that would be practical right now because of the sheer amount of infrastructure needed to build the ships. as long as they are dependent on the gate it is a major bottleneck. all personell would have to be transfered through the SGC plus all the equiptment and supplies. the most important raw material, the trinium and naquada, come from off world but everything else is terran in origination. plus an off world shipyard wouldnt just be a shipyard. it would have to encompass the entire production of the parts from start to finish. refineries for the trinium and naquada, production facilities for making the parts. control facilities, housing, suppport for housing, etc. just setting everything up would take several years at the least. now if the built a fleet of smaller transport and cargo ships that would be more believable of an option, although it would still take a long time to set it up. however as long as they only have battleships it is impropable.

JanusAncient
December 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Atlantis getting a full-time Asgard ship, I can sort of believe that, but under Weir's supervision, I doubt it, the Asgard would never give one of their ships to anyone else, especially not the people of Atlantis. An Asgard would have to be in command of the ship, and would report back to Orilla everytime something new was learned.

the fifth man
December 14th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I have no problem with more ships in season 10. To me, the space battles have always been well done on SG-1. And I don't think tptb will go too overboard with the space stuff. The Stargate will still be what the show is mainly about. I just think this is a natural progression from where we started out in season 4's "Tangent" and season 6's "Prometheus".

NakedJehutyV2
December 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
remember lost city was posed to be a movie and the end of stargate

FallenAngelII
December 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
"Growing armada" just unsettles me. WHAT growing Armada? In the past, what, 3 years, we've gotten the Prometheus, the Daedalus and some weird X-fighters. And that's pretty much it. I wouldn't call that a "Growing armada".

Any Goa'uld mothership would've been able to wipe us out long ago.

immhotep
December 26th, 2005, 11:58 AM
ya kidding me, the goauld tech i crap ancient, the ancients lost to the wraith, the tech we have on the deadalus is at minimum equal to the wraith...wed rule any goauld 1 on 1
in addition, we have 4 possible 5 BC-303's, loaded with asgard designed technology
the F-302's are the best fighter in the galaxy and its growing by a rate of 2/3 ship per year, that more than the asgard...
by any difinition we have 'growing armarda' and the goauld could never kick our ass.

Prior_of_the_Ori
December 26th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I would have to agree with fallenangel, while now it wouldnt be a single goa'uld mothership it would have to be a small fleet, but still if the goa'uld were still the superpower they once were or still had at least a nation then they could slap earth very badly if they wanted to. Its been said tonnes of times that earth survived by luck and favourable circumstances. I mean 5 ships and several squadrons of fighters.......big deal, hardly a big navy despite what tech they might have. At the very best Earth is equal to the tech the goa'uld have (though i would rate the goa'uld as higher) so they could fight the goa'uld one on one but against the larger number of ships and figthers they are capable of bringing it would be a quick end for earth.

Also just because earth can make 1 battleship a year and 2 dozen fighters doesnt mean they have the best industrial base in the universe. Surely the Goa'uld who seem to build pyramids in a day can compete with a race who only recently managed to become a minor interstellar empire. And to use the excuse that the goa'uld are defeated by humans would be kind of weak since technically the replicators did most of the bashing and the jaffa resistance made the populace see the truth about their 'gods'.

I mean to compare it its like a single small country that uses some nice stuff and revolutionary designs with 5 naval ships and several dozens fighters could take on........America or another big country. Even if that country used better industrial techniques, a larger nation has more territory, resources to draw upon and manpower.

Osiris-RA
December 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
No! No more ships! How about some more ground tech?? I'm getting sick of all these space ships and battles all over the place. Save that for Star TREK! SG1's buff, they've got muscles, they use them for more than pressing buttons and saying "Man the photon torpedos"! Get them out into the fresh air and shoot a little lead!

immhotep
December 26th, 2005, 01:47 PM
shooting a little lead..... i think that SGA got that one covered.

dutchmega
December 27th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Well I always liked the CGI of Goa'uld spaceships, you don't hear me complain. The show has changed a lot but it's more like natural development :)

GateMan2000
December 27th, 2005, 07:47 AM
I can't wait for the big space battle in Camelot and ep one of S10. We will probably see the Asgard, Jaffa and Tauri ships!!!

Prior_of_the_Ori
December 27th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I would be interested in seeing what Ori starships look like actually.....i mean goa'uld were mobile pyramids, asgard are like space sports cars, humans are like floating bricks, Replicators were a cylinder in space, Wraith are like organic needles, Ori? Hope to see some before the season ends.

prion
December 27th, 2005, 08:06 AM

two more questions

The renewal stuff isn't really a surprise. Each season is renewed one year at a time, as contracts are renegotiated, ratings are studied, etc. Getting Ben Browder on board probably helped cinch getting season 10 as he's got good history behind with Farscape, etc.

So far, no sign of RDA and it's not something any fan should hold their breath for... he left the show voluntarily .

As for new ships.... this is what I love about scifi. They can build ships like the Daedalus that, for the most part, really actually work, but the stupid friggin US gov't can't even pave a road right in reality ;)

immhotep
December 27th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I can't wait for the big space battle in Camelot and ep one of S10. We will probably see the Asgard, Jaffa and Tauri ships!!!
niether can i, its going to be the highlight of the year :)

GateMan2000
December 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM
niether can i, its going to be the highlight of the year :)

We have seen the Tauri and Jaffa ships in action. The Asgard are whom I want to see fight. We have yet see them going all out in a space battle beside the replicators. One thought that I have and a reason why Joe said something about the Furlings...Maybe the allies get their butts kicked so bad that the Furlings are called in by the Asgard. Not likley going to happen..but a valid story plot.

WraithWarrior
January 3rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
I think Earth need some more big ships, it will help to protect them from whatever attacks Earth and who knows, they could explore space a bit more. Learn about other galaxies and stuff, however they cannot keep them on Earth if they are planning to keep it quiet

They could also do with some more ground vehicles and more fighter craft like the F-302

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think it was mentioned that we will be treated with new ships (possible new classes? not sure) as even despite its advancement, Earth still has a very weak defense. One ship is nothing after all in the grand scheme of galactic nations and if considerable force is put on them they would be crushed.

creed462
January 3rd, 2006, 04:18 PM
I like that we are getting more ships, I Don't think the show is getting anywhere near StarTrek

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I would be interested in seeing what Ori starships look like actually.....i mean goa'uld were mobile pyramids, asgard are like space sports cars, humans are like floating bricks, Replicators were a cylinder in space, Wraith are like organic needles, Ori? Hope to see some before the season ends.

Sumed up very nicely there

JLB
January 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
The renewal stuff isn't really a surprise. Each season is renewed one year at a time, as contracts are renegotiated, ratings are studied, etc. Getting Ben Browder on board probably helped cinch getting season 10 as he's got good history behind with Farscape, etc.

So far, no sign of RDA and it's not something any fan should hold their breath for... he left the show voluntarily .

As for new ships.... this is what I love about scifi. They can build ships like the Daedalus that, for the most part, really actually work, but the stupid friggin US gov't can't even pave a road right in reality ;)

Well, he spent a lot of time on the show, and got quite a fanbase. It'd be nice if he'd at least consider doing some special episodes

Lord Shiva
January 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
well, thats a bad example, but you know what i mean, this was never a show about Earth having big space ships

I'm not... the human race is advancing. I'd rather see it now, then have the show get cancelled in the future, and NOT have seen the humans advance. As long as they do it right then I'll be happy. Haven't been TOO disappointed yet :P

lionel_pendergast_rocks
January 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Well, this is the path in which the show has evolved. It only makes sense that they would build more ships, and not to would lead to plot holes and stuff like that :( .

Sure the gate stuff is great, but every now and then you need a ship-ep.

Mattathias2.0
January 11th, 2006, 11:59 AM
No more RDA in Season Nine.

Nobody said S9 would be the last. Now, they've been saying that about every season since Five, but with the cast and story changes this year the producers and network have been talking about SG-1 as in many ways a brand new show that could go on for several more years.

That is very true. The credit changes display this. I, for one, think of it as a new series rather than based on the seasons prior.

For one, look at the Season Nine Primere. Mirrors the pilot in many ways (Children Of The Gods, Parts One & Two/The Enemy Within vs Avalon, Parts One & Two/Origin).

It's still our curiosity getting us into trouble: We found a new enemy in Stargate, now we again found one in Avalon/Origin.

It has been tough on the fans with the constant cast changes since Season 6, the new spin-off Atlantis taking off just last year, and now we're headed in a new direction this Season and thereafter.

I can't complain though because we have plenty of familiarity of the old series.

Mattathias

Mattathias2.0
January 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM

That would be an awesome space battle...

Mattathias

Mason~
January 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Yeah, that will be interesting to see, I’d also like to see an ancient ship in full, which doesn't looked so mashed up. The Asguard ships are so cool, especially the Jack-O’Neil ship :).

What would be cool would be to find a planet where the ancients constructed their ships, and a team is sent to start making ships after all if it were an ancient planet it’s most likely that the ships would be built automatically by A.I machines :p

BoneCollector
January 12th, 2006, 12:20 AM
I also liked this show because everything seemed so possible in real life and present time. All we had was the technology that we actually have in this world. But, the whole idea of SGC was to obtain new technology and advance. After all, it is a Sci Fi movie, so it can't always remain the same. If there were no ships, then we would have been discussing about things from the opposite point of view ("why in 9 years, there are no ships, no great weapons, and so on...")

Also as someone said, and I completely agree, I would hate if the show ended before we see Earth having at least a decent amount of ships.

As for "battleships" or words like that, let's get serious... Did you see how big an Asgard ship is compared to ours? :D (or wraith hive ship, etc). Now those are real ships... Not to mention the firepower which is hilarious (remember Siege Part III, when we tried to fire warheads agains wraith hiveships...)

Also we need the asgards present on the ships to help run the hyperdrives and so on, which means we can't really understand/handle evertything ourselves. We just have some ships with alien technology that we have yet to fully understand.

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
i agree, the whole point of the SG and the SGC and atlantis and the asgard tauri allience was to get ships, weapons, and technology to defends ourselves. well weve done it, we beat the 3 greatest enemy's ever ( the goauld, anubis/kulls and the reps)...
now moving in to this new death trap orii situation we need more firepower still. the orii are ancinets, pure and simple no technology besides the ancients and the asgard will ever be able to fight them. we dont stand a chance without either of those big guns behind us. the outpost and the deadalus's, atlantis and the jaffa can hold their own for a skirmish or so but if were talking a full on reckoning style fleet armarda invasion then the asgard are the only race in the galaxy that can fit the bill.
so if we can get a fleet of asgard/tauri-hybrid ships together, we stand a much better chance, if we can get a number of asgard stronghold around the place, were solid, if we get atlantis back on earth with an asgard stonghold and a dozen oniels in the galaxy, we might wi.

if we want to beat the orii we have to get some big guns, simple as IMO.

GateMan2000
January 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM
i agree, the whole point of the SG and the SGC and atlantis and the asgard tauri allience was to get ships, weapons, and technology to defends ourselves. well weve done it, we beat the 3 greatest enemy's ever ( the goauld, anubis/kulls and the reps)...
now moving in to this new death trap orii situation we need more firepower still. the orii are ancinets, pure and simple no technology besides the ancients and the asgard will ever be able to fight them. we dont stand a chance without either of those big guns behind us. the outpost and the deadalus's, atlantis and the jaffa can hold their own for a skirmish or so but if were talking a full on reckoning style fleet armarda invasion then the asgard are the only race in the galaxy that can fit the bill.
so if we can get a fleet of asgard/tauri-hybrid ships together, we stand a much better chance, if we can get a number of asgard stronghold around the place, were solid, if we get atlantis back on earth with an asgard stonghold and a dozen oniels in the galaxy, we might wi.

if we want to beat the orii we have to get some big guns, simple as IMO.

I can't wait to see the big battle at the end of the season 9. Its going to be a good espisode watching the Asgard, Jaffa and Tauri take on the Ori.

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM
oh its going to be the highlight of the year, though i said that about aurora so im not getting my hopes up!

freyr's mother
January 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
i dont think that would be practical right now because of the sheer amount of infrastructure needed to build the ships. as long as they are dependent on the gate it is a major bottleneck. all personell would have to be transfered through the SGC plus all the equiptment and supplies. the most important raw material, the trinium and naquada, come from off world but everything else is terran in origination. plus an off world shipyard wouldnt just be a shipyard. it would have to encompass the entire production of the parts from start to finish. refineries for the trinium and naquada, production facilities for making the parts. control facilities, housing, suppport for housing, etc. just setting everything up would take several years at the least. now if the built a fleet of smaller transport and cargo ships that would be more believable of an option, although it would still take a long time to set it up. however as long as they only have battleships it is impropable.

They're actually battlecruisers. Size goes cruiser, battlecruiser, battleship, warship. Personally i want a warship with some descent weapons. Im sick of these pathetic excuses for battlecruisers being rushed through production.

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM
in answer to both of, you.warships and infrastructure will only come with public revelation. only with the support of the entire planet and its resources, population and co-operation could we ever become a true galactic power. the best we could hope for in terms of ship at the moment is a battleship, perhaps a hybrid asgard/tauri/alten design( in light of the fact that atlantis is bieng studied and we have the asgard tech already its not absurd to think we will integrate some ancient systems in to our own, at the very least well have PJ's).
As to battlecruisers and the pathetic excuse's for them. 1 of our battlecruisers can stand up to ship 10x the size and hold their own. they are not pathetic by any standard, in fact id go so far as to say our pathetic ships are more powerfull 1 on 1 than both a hatak, alkeash, wraith hive ship and cruisers. the only thing above that is an agard warship. which is orii teritory and we couldnt win on any scale. IMO the ships earth produce should curve earth out an empire and the asgard should fight the orii. simply because we dont stand a chance against orii warships. the asgard on the other hand, might just turn the tide of a war with each and every ship.

JedI Master of the Gate
January 13th, 2006, 03:46 AM
I just read the new info on the 1st season 10 ep, Flesh and Blood and it said something about an Earth ship named Korelev

And I was wondering, who's ship is it? It sounds Russian, is it? If so what does it mean?

immhotep
January 13th, 2006, 04:49 AM
it means the 'where are the other countries ship thread can cease to exist' :D finally!

Lightning
January 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
The name Korelev was the name of one of the principle Russian scientists behind the Soviet lunar landing program in the 60s
it is also the name of a bulgarian folk singer. i'll leave it up to you to decide who TPTB named the ship after....

Pamplemousse of France
January 14th, 2006, 03:56 PM
As to battlecruisers and the pathetic excuse's for them. 1 of our battlecruisers can stand up to ship 10x the size and hold their own. they are not pathetic by any standard, in fact id go so far as to say our pathetic ships are more powerfull 1 on 1 than both a hatak, alkeash, wraith hive ship and cruisers.
I agree. The size is not important (for ships, at least), they have Asgard components, don't forget that. And the technology doesn't do everything. Remember the replicators, surprised by the way Carter used the O'neill to destroy them. Strategy is as important as technology, and even more.

The name Korelev was the name of one of the principle Russian scientists behind the Soviet lunar landing program in the 60s
He was a genius. He designed in the 50's the R7 missile, the first ICBM. From it, he designed the Semiorka which was used to launch Sputnik-1 the 4th October 1957. This rocket, just a little modified and today known under the uncorrect name of Soyuz because it launch the Soyuz spaceship, is the most reliable and most produced rocket in the world (more than 1600, longest serie in the world). He also designed the formidable Katyucha missiles launcher, better known as the Stalin's Organs. He took part in the lunar project with his N-1 giant rocket (first stage with 30 engines giving a total thrust of 5091 metric tons. 3440 "only" for the Saturn-V, and between 1200 and 1500 for Ariane-5. Sorry for the metric system, I don't know the american system), which wasn't a success (4 flights, 4 failures). He was also involved in a lot of interplanetary missions (Venera, Marsnik, Mars, Lunik, Zond...).
Forgive my enthusiasm, but he really deserve to be more known than he is now.

NakedJehutyV2
January 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
the US stole Russian Metal Gear Technology!!!!

good that at least one other country has a ship. tho i doubt the US would give them asgard tech. tho the asgard prolly would

GraceMolloy
January 17th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Two things

I agree. The size is not important .

Right ..... tell that to any woman .....

And two I have to agree with the person who mentioned us firing warheads at cruisers in refrence to Earth fighting the Goauld. The Asgard took away our frickin laser beams. We had to replace them with rail guns. Which while powerful in their own right isn't a frickin laser beam. Any fight with the goauld would result in us expending our supply of bullets while they laugh at us.

Now granted they would have a hard time hurting us aswell due to Asgard shielding.

Pamplemousse of France
January 17th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Right ..... tell that to any woman .....

That's why I added "for ships, at least".

creed462
January 17th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I hope we see energy weapons on our ships it doesn't make sence at this poit not having them

NakedJehutyV2
January 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM
earth will have to make it's own cuz the asgard won't be giving any

jburrows
January 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Personaly by now we should have some energy weapons.

Spoilers for season 7 and season 9. We know felger was working on his photon torpedo weapon he should fixed it by now. Personaly threaten felger if does not fix it soon he will have to put on a spacesuit everytime there is space battle and firing a staff weapon at enemy ships.

Also we have a goa'uld that created a decent amount of goa'uld technoligy. We should able to convince him to make decent energy weapons.

For energy weapons I am not asking for super powerful weapons.Just some basic ones around the strength of an hatak capital weapon.

Metonic
February 2nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
so this Bulgarian Ship, the Korelev. I think its going to be US.... lol probably a joint production with Russia, No asgard(like prommie), slightly less advanced, basically its Promethus. but Bulgarian...dont want those damn commies to get a ship lol JP. it be run by Russians but they would report to the SGC or maybe the WFO World Fleet Organization pwned by Russia and the US +Britain.. u kno whats funny, is SG1 made me not dislike russia..

Peoples_General
February 2nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
A big space battle with the Asgard, Jaffa, and Earth on one side -vs- Ori ships on the other? :thoranime09:

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a clone of the Wolf 359 battle. If that happens, we are REALLY screwed.:hallowed:

thenimf
February 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
I think our ships need to be fitted with Eyes of Ra...

knowles2
February 4th, 2006, 03:33 AM
A big space battle with the Asgard, Jaffa, and Earth on one side -vs- Ori ships on the other? :thoranime09:

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a clone of the Wolf 359 battle. If that happens, we are REALLY screwed.:hallowed:

I hope it turn into the battle of wolf 359, that way you do not leave gaping plot that why are ancient tech so advance and yet the ori have ten thousands to advance on that tech, and they cannot not take on a few asguard vessesl, who cannot even understand some of the ancient technology, so yea see all our ships being destroy, we could perhaps have orion fly in at the last second to a lay down cover fire for our retreat.

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 03:51 AM
They're actually battlecruisers. Size goes cruiser, battlecruiser, battleship, warship. Personally i want a warship with some descent weapons. Im sick of these pathetic excuses for battlecruisers being rushed through production.

So what is the Daedalus? A battleship? Battlecruiser?

oragans
February 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM
battleship definatly its armed to the teath.

Cryogenesis
February 16th, 2006, 11:58 AM

This show was and has always been about gathering new technology to aid in it's protection and it's first steps into the universe.
this leads to a few points
1) When will these 1st steps end ... all things change
2) It is a good thing Earth has started building an armada but it is miles off a true fleet
3) Earth's SGC is controled by the military, the fact that the military often fights on other planets, it makes sense that they'd create ships to fight inbetween planets and use as a second line of attack
4) Finally ST involved things like the prime directive and exploration, SG the exploration part goes on by use of the gate not the ships like ST and how often have SG1 clearly broken the rules to protect Earth and it's allies.

Basically seasons 1-8 Earth has defeated 1 huge enemy, crippled another and that is the first sign Earth is out of dippers, the ships add a new dynamic to the show they dont change it's core just its clothing per ce.

jcbass62290
February 17th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Yeah, that will be interesting to see, I’d also like to see an ancient ship in full, which doesn't looked so mashed up. The Asguard ships are so cool, especially the Jack-O’Neil ship :).

What would be cool would be to find a planet where the ancients constructed their ships, and a team is sent to start making ships after all if it were an ancient planet it’s most likely that the ships would be built automatically by A.I machines :p

Thats what I've been thinking about for a year now. And if it is a Shipyard than they are probably hiding some ZPMs around somewhere and then we could FINALLY kick somebody's butt.