This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas to promote Anti Shipper-Shipper Goodwill

Hi, I'm doing this thread for people who are tired of the fights that are going between Shippers, other Shippers, and Anti Shippers. So basically this thread are those who what to stop these fights.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Hey, I don't like the cattiness. I don't see the point. I was hoping that STAKS might help people unite against a common enemy.

Jokes are all part of the fun, a joking swipe, but it gets bery heated. I'm feeling a bit scared to reenter one of the ship threads.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Specifically shipper or anti-shipper threads are effectively reserved threads. The best way to deal with anyone who tries to start a fight is to ignore them on the thread and report them to the mods.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Hey, I don't like the cattiness. I don't see the point. I was hoping that STAKS might help people unite against a common enemy.

Jokes are all part of the fun, a joking swipe, but it gets bery heated. I'm feeling a bit scared to reenter one of the ship threads.
        I know what you mean. One thing is when people are joking. Another thing is when they are throwing insults at people. It's starting to get scary.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Then it gets to the point, especially if you go into an "alien" ship thread, where you feel everyone gangs up on you, trying to force you out and stuff. Or worse, you feel you can't make a joke because people will take it the wrong way.

At the end of the day, we're all Gate fans.

Comment

Gate fans unite against the fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Love the Torri Quote, btw. The bemusement at the term shipper. Hehe.

Comment

I agree! I hate the feeling like your walking on eggshells and you can't crack a single one. NO MORE FIGHTING!!!! It's just a show after all and like Lexa Jayde said we are all fans of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
                  I agree! I hate the feeling like your walking on eggshells and you can't crack a single one. NO MORE FIGHTING!!!! It's just a show after all and like Lexa Jayde said we are all fans of the show.
                  no more eggshells for us... we are all in this together!!!!!!!!!!!
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Were all gate heads here, so let get along

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                      Were all gate heads here, so let get along
                      Hear, hear!

Comment

Hey guys!
                        I'm all for everyone getting along, but the thread title was a bit inflammatory and kind of undercut the ideas you guys were trying to promote in here. If anyone has a more appropriate title (than my crazy one )PM me

Comment

I'm on board.

Everyone here has different views and hopes for SG1 and Atlantis. It's important to respect different opinions and, even more importantly, the people who hold them!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            I'm on board.

Everyone here has different views and hopes for SG1 and Atlantis. It's important to respect different opinions and, more importantly, the people who hold them!
                            ... and take a deep breath before you click on "Submit" button and consider how many people you may be hurting with the message you're about to post.

This thread is a good idea considering how things got slightly out of hand on some other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                              ... and take a deep breath before you click on "Submit" button and consider how many people you may be hurting with the message you're about to post.
                              Exactly! I try to use the golden rule approach when it comes to talking about another ship - would I want to see someone else talking that way about my ship or the shippers that I hang out with? It's always best to be cautious and conservative with such posts and add plenty of and and if you're joking around to make sure everyone can understand your intentions.

Comment

Working...
                              X