This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate vs. Star Trek

So, we have a Stargate vs. Star Wars discussion going, why not compare Stargate with Star Trek... I'm interested in finding out if people who think that Star Wars would get its butt whupped by Stargate will think Star Trek would be beaten even more soundly.

Star Trek DOES have a slower travel time, I will give Stargate the advantage there. The Federation and all races of reletively equal power level (Federation is in my opinion more powerful then the Romulans, Klingons and Cardasians despite the various advantages the others have, ie cloaking devices, etc) - and I think in terms of ship-to-ship combat Star Trek could compete with Stargate... heck, the Enterprise has met races like the Ori and the Ascended and survived an AWFUL lot of times

In terms of speed, yes, Stargate has the advantage - but I contend that if human beings can capture a Goa'uld ship and learn from the wreckage how to build ships that go just as fast, so could the Star Trek universe if they defeated a Ha'Tak, etc.

That begs another question, who would win: The Replicators or the Borg? I'd say the Replicators because they can eat the Borg lol

I think the Borg and the Replictors would join forces and destroy everyone. The Enterprise E would own the Daedalus and the Prometheus. Naquaduh vs. dilithium, naquaduh wins because it's explody.
    Uh, before this post gets forgotten in the fanboy clash, are we talking about Trek ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, or VOY?
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I vote DS9, seemed the most stable series IMHO

And, I'd say the replicators would woop fanny.
      And in terms of ST vs SG....i'm gonna have to go with SG....While we're assuming the MW is at it's best.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
        Uh, before this post gets forgotten in the fanboy clash, are we talking about Trek ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, or VOY?
        The "latest" Trek technology, I guess... that would be DS9 because Voyager, while lasting longer was in the wrong quadrant of space, no Federation tech there except for the ship itself.

Technically Nemesis is the latest, but its close enough to the end of DS9 that I'd just merge the tech from DS9 and Nemesis as the same time period.

Comment

Dammit I was planning to start a thread of the same name lol.
          Looks like you beat me to it.

On topic:

For once I really don't know-but I think that we need to lay down some rules in this thread as opposed to the Sw thread, like:

No replicators and Borg

(Replcators will pwn alomst everything though the Feds have a better shot at making a distrupter to stop them than the Empire. The Borg will also pwn everything, so if they get into a fight with the Replicators we're gonna see no end of trouble trying to decide who wins. Alternatively if they decide to work together in a "You take the Humans,we'll take the metal type of agreement" we're all *****ed.)

No Ascended or Q-cos that is gonna get too weird.

Those are just my suggestions lol

About the outcome-at the moment I'll go for the "mother of all draws"(only I see the ST universe achieving this with much more comfort than SW)

I guess technology wise it comes down to

Drones vs Quantum/Transphasic Torpedoes
          Asgard Beam Cannon vs Phasers/Dominium Polaron Canons
          ZPM vs Anti-Matter geneators
          ST shields vs SG shields
          Amblative Armour Generators vs the toughest hull in SS(which I assume would be what the Asgard use but who knows)

Naturally there is technology that I'm overlooking cos I'm in a hurry.
          But I think that if we can resolve the above "battles" then we should get ourselves a winner
          Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
          +
          Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

im not getting involved but ill put muself in atlantis then let them come.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Dones vs Quantum torpedos= Drones, shield are useless against these.

Asgard weapons vs Federation weapons, my bet is on the Asgard

ZPM vs anti-matter generator= ZPM, they're smaller, do not need to be refuelled, last longer, and are less dangerous, how often has a federation ship had to eject it's warp core because the thing overloaded.

ST Shields vs SG shields= SG shields, the Ancient shields are way better than the federation shields.

Ablative armour vs Asgard hull = Asgard. A federation ship can only have so many shots before the Ablative armour has completely vaporated, besides, i don't think federation weapons can penetrate Asgard shields.

All in all i think SG technology is far more advanced than ST tech, especially if you include Ancient and Asgard tech.
              sigpic

Comment

well i think that sg would win but without the ancient drones it wuld be verrry close...
                tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Stargate would when and the only reason the enterprise has lasted so long is because their the heros and can't die

between the replicators vs. the borg the replicators would win because the borg cant assimulate them and win the replicators start eating and replicating there would be borg replicators
                  Long Live Steve The Wraith!!!!

Comment

Any Federation ship (any era) vs. any SG earth ship .... Stalemate, favouring federation.

SG shields will withstand phasers etc, but may run down, whilst railguns/missiles will do nothing to a federation ship (also presuming federation shields
                    Spoiler:
                    block us beaming in nukes
                    as in the Seige Pt III).
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

This will get just as stupid as the other thread.
                      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

u nev know it culd retain some sanity...not likely!!

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                          This will get just as stupid as the other thread.
                          I agree. Can't we just make a rock-paper-scissors game with this? Then instead of fanboy wanking, we could make an even game out of this debate.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Drones vs Quantum/Transphasic Torpedoes Quatum Tropedoes. They are so cool.
                            Asgard Beam Cannon vs Phasers/Dominium Polaron Canons Phasres because they are pretty much just the best all around weapon
                            ZPM vs Anti-Matter geneators ZPM, but not by much
                            ST shields vs SG shields Hard to tell, Though ST Shield have held up to alot in battles.
                            Amblative Armour Generators vs the toughest hull in SS(which I assume would be what the Asgard use but who knows) Amblative Armor rocks.
                            Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

or in other words sg would wipe the floor with st!!!!!!!

im sorry but its the truth
                              Last edited by Major Tyler; 10 December 2005, 09:40 PM. Reason: merge

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X