This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the Ori are defeated in Season 10

And I mean early. Let the Aschen be the main bad guys throughout most of the season.

One thing I really don't like about TV shows as they age, there's a sense that the bad guys have to get more powerful the longer it goes on.

Swap Ori for Aschen

No thank you
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

You know what? I agree with Jack about the Aschen.

I realllllly do, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
        And I mean early. Let the Aschen be the main bad guys throughout most of the season.

One thing I really don't like about TV shows as they age, there's a sense that the bad guys have to get more powerful the longer it goes on.
        Excuse me?
        Is that the worse than X an enemy is, the less it lasts?
        Damn, let's bring evil random God [whatever_name] who lives during the 32 first minutes of the second episode.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          You know what? I agree with Jack about the Aschen.

I realllllly do, if you know what I mean.
          That they're boring? Yeah, I get that. But bad guys don't do anything for me. The ones who try to be all charismatic just come off as obnoxious for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
            Excuse me?
            Is that the worse than X an enemy is, the less it lasts?
            Damn, let's bring evil random God [whatever_name] who lives during the 32 first minutes of the second episode.
            I'm not sure I understand you. But let's look at Stargate SG-1. At first we had a group of very powerful aliens masquerading as gods. Then we had one who was basically half a god. Then we had mindless all consuming automations, who had to be absolutely destoyed to be gotten rid of, now we've got beings that are basically are gods.

On BUffy the Vampire Slayer we had a couple of ordinary vampires, then a true demon, then a cyborg, then a god, then Willow was basically turned into an engine of destruction, then the First Evil thing that ever existed.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
              I'm not sure I understand you. But let's look at Stargate SG-1. At first we had a group of very powerful aliens masquerading as gods. Then we had one who was basically half a god. Then we had mindless all consuming automations, who had to be absolutely destoyed to be gotten rid of, now we've got beings that are basically are gods.
              Well, the Replicators were introduced before Anubis and they were arguably more powerful than Anubis. And you're not mentioning the Wraith, who, even though they aren't on SG-1, are as much enemies of earth as the Ori. And if the Wraith kicked the Ancients' around, they probably could beat or at least hold their own with the Ori. So in one sense the bad guys haven't always gotten more powerful as years pass in the SG universe.

The Aschen are cool, but they probably will be nothing more than second tier bad guys. I think it's mostly because they don't have the same emotional resonance the other big bads have. However, I think they'd be good backers for a human-based organization like the Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                That they're boring? Yeah, I get that. But bad guys don't do anything for me. The ones who try to be all charismatic just come off as obnoxious for me.
                Sure they might be obnoxious (which I don't agree with), but at least they make you feel something (annoyance).

NOTHING is worse than being bored by a show. You can love a show, you can hate a show, you can think it's the worse show ever...but if you think it's boring, then it's completely failed its job, which is to raise some sort of emotion within the viewer.

The Aschen were just that - boring beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB

On BUffy the Vampire Slayer we had a couple of ordinary vampires, then a true demon, then a cyborg, then a god, then Willow was basically turned into an engine of destruction, then the First Evil thing that ever existed.
                  And if you consider Angel a part of Buffy (which I do), at the same time the First Evil was assaulting Sunnydale, and ancient evil from another dimension was breaking into the world in LA, and then the last season dealt with an extra-dimensional demonic body that had were running a law firm (lol) making a play on Armageddon on Earth.

Good stuff.

I disagree on the Aschen stuff though - the Aschen were AWESOME bad guys. People liked the Replicators, and they're stiffer then the Aschen

Comment

While I liked the Aschen as an enemy, and would like to see their return, I wouldn't want to see them as the main bad guys. I like the Ori so far, and think they're going to surprise a lot of people with just how bad they can be. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm realy likeing the ori as bad guy's. I hope their not dfeated for a long, long, long, long, long, long time

Comment

I'd rather been hoping they'd be defeated in Avalon II - they bore me rigid and I simply don't see the menace and scarifying, I'm afraid. Elsewhere on the forum, just the other day, I read some excellent posts about how they're all the same - completely interchangeable, with no determining personalities. And that's a huge part, I realise, of why I find them compleletely tedious.

I know there's been an Aschen third episode in the works with TPTB for a while now, but I honestly can't see what else there is to tell there. I enjoyed the two Aschen episodes - among my favs - but I just don't think there's more story in those guys. Although it might be interesting to find out what happened to Joe.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

no keep the ori. i mean the ori are gods how do you beat that.

and the Aschen got what was coming to them anyway there are probalbly in a black hole right now lol
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

2yrs is too short a duration to discover and then totally and utterly annihilate an enmey as powerful as the ori
                            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

the aschen for the ori...are u mad that is sooooooo not gonna work...we wuld be swapping ubber baddies for some second rate...well...farmers!!!
                              tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                              yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                              Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X