X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaney Trapped In 'Caved In'

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7043

Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien) joins onetime teen heartthrob Christopher Atkins battle deadly ancient rhinoceros beetles in an upcoming Sci Fi Channel original movie.

Meaney and Atkins star in Caved In: Prehistoric Terror, which debuts in January, according to The Futon Critic. In the film, a family working in Romania as cave guides becomes separated underground by thieves planning to rob the local caverns and finds itself under attack by the ferocious beetles.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

You know I would say this isn't one of their better plots but it's hard to make comparisons between crap and crappier. This plot sounds ridiculous and convoluted.

I don't understand what's so wrong with a straightforward idea based on something in the realm of possibility that doesn't require an act of cosmic convergence to allow it to occur in this universe or at least one vaguely similar.

I have a straightforward theory to explain Scifi Channel originals. One guy writes all these stories because they're on a tight budget and they can't afford more than one bad writer. And when prompted to come up with something new and exciting he sits and thinks hmmm... I know, I'll take X unoriginal story and make it bigger or add more of them. This is how we end up with giant snakes, insects and other non-pet loving creatures.

I'm guessing this film will involve lots of screaming, echoes, darkness and panic and bugs with a strange preference for human flesh.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      I know, I'll take X unoriginal story and make it bigger or add more of them. This is how we end up with giant snakes, insects and other non-pet loving creatures.

I'm guessing this film will involve lots of screaming, echoes, darkness and panic and bugs with a strange preference for human flesh.
      Spot on
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I disagree, what about that shark that could walk and hunt unsuspecting people on land? That was completely different....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          I disagree, what about that shark that could walk and hunt unsuspecting people on land? That was completely different....
          Oh dear god... it walked???

I decided to skip that one... I can see I didn't miss anything good.

what's with the obsession with creature features?? I just visited the scifi channel movie site and so far they've covered:

Fish.. Frankenfish anyway
          Locusts
          Mosquitos or mansquitos...whatever
          Sharks
          Boas, Pythons, Anacondas and other evil man hunting snakes
          Raptors
          Sabretooth
          Bugs - yes, thats the informative title
          Three-headed dogs
          Dog Soldiers wtf?
          Dragons
          Vampires
          Chupacabra
          Gargoyles
          Pterodactyls
          Parasitic Larvae

Do you think they missed anything? Maybe they'll do one about evil beavers with a taste for human flesh. Why do all these creatures want humans? I've heard we don't even taste that great?? We aren't even a part of their usual diet.

As much as I hate the saying; they really need to start thinking outside the monster box. Maybe they can make another atomic train movie for a change of pace.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
            Ah man, there was a movie about a walking shark? Phew! I thought I'd just dreamt it. My dreams are surreal at times, usually after I've eaten cheese

I vaguely remember watching that on erm, I think it was channel 5. Not sure though
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

This isn't one of those cheesy Sci-fi Originals, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                This isn't one of those cheesy Sci-fi Originals, is it?
                yes. it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  yes. it is.
                  Then i probably won't be missing much by not watching it then.

Comment

Working...
                  X