This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query: Ancients on Asgard sensors

In an ep (I think it was Nemesis?) Asgard sensors were used to track members of SG-1. Humans showed up one color, Jaffa another. My question is if in canon, the Ancients have been detected using Asgard sensors, and if so, what color did they show up as? I'm thinking it would be different than either human or Jaffa.

Thanks in advance for answers and/or suggestions where I might research this.

I don't remember the Ancients every showing up on Asgard Sensors, unless you are thinking of Aurora where the ship is on the Deadalus' sensors (which are most likely to be Asgard in design) The Jaffa and Human dots are in Nemisis as you mentioned and Revelations to the best of my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
      I don't remember the Ancients every showing up on Asgard Sensors, unless you are thinking of Aurora where the ship is on the Deadalus' sensors (which are most likely to be Asgard in design) The Jaffa and Human dots are in Nemisis as you mentioned and Revelations to the best of my knowledge
      Thanks! Sending you jello.

Didn't see Aurora yet...sshhh, don't tell.

Anyway, how did they appear on the Daedelus' sensors, does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
        In an ep (I think it was Nemesis?) Asgard sensors were used to track members of SG-1. Humans showed up one color, Jaffa another. My question is if in canon, the Ancients have been detected using Asgard sensors, and if so, what color did they show up as? I'm thinking it would be different than either human or Jaffa.

Thanks in advance for answers and/or suggestions where I might research this.

I'd guess they'd show up as human colour (unascended ones anyway), because humans are the second generation of the ancients. Jaffa probably show up differently to humans due to the symbiote. As for ascended ancients... who knows if they'd even show up!

Unfortunately I have no canon reference for this ... I haven't seen Aurora either!
        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
          I'd guess they'd show up as human colour (unascended ones anyway), because humans are the second generation of the ancients. Jaffa probably show up differently to humans due to the symbiote. As for ascended ancients... who knows if they'd even show up!

Unfortunately I have no canon reference for this ... I haven't seen Aurora either!
          Thanks for the response. Sending you green.

I used SGC's lead and checked the transcript for Revelations. Using Asgard thermal sensors, humans are green blips, Goa’uld/Jaffa are red, and Asgard are blue.

I can just make up a color for my purposes (a fan fic), but I'm still curious if anyone knows anymore.

Comment

There was no opportunity for the deadalus' sensors to be exposed to live ancients. Even on Aurora, they were in that hubernation thing, so the sensors may not have detected them as active life signs.

We know there is a slight physiological difference between humans and ancients, so who knows, maybe they can tell the difference. The asgard know their stuff though, I'm sure they can tell Wraith from humans.

Sensor tech is a tricky thing. You may be able to take an engine or a weapon that you don't fully understand and put it on your ship. But advanced sensor tech requires a deeper knowledge of particle physics that I have the assume that the asgard also gave us the means to interpret what the sensor gives us, otherwise it wouldn't mean much.
            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
              There was no opportunity for the deadalus' sensors to be exposed to live ancients. Even on Aurora, they were in that hubernation thing, so the sensors may not have detected them as active life signs.

We know there is a slight physiological difference between humans and ancients, so who knows, maybe they can tell the difference. The asgard know their stuff though, I'm sure they can tell Wraith from humans.

Sensor tech is a tricky thing. You may be able to take an engine or a weapon that you don't fully understand and put it on your ship. But advanced sensor tech requires a deeper knowledge of particle physics that I have the assume that the asgard also gave us the means to interpret what the sensor gives us, otherwise it wouldn't mean much.
              Thanks. Sending you green.

You bring up some very good points. My fic is going to deal with Thor monitoring Jack, so I'm assuming he knows what he's doing, but your points will very likely add to my story's dialogue.

Comment

Ok, a couple points, first, I don't remember Humans and Jaffa showing up different colors, in fact they shouldn't as Jaffa are just Human with a pouch in their stomachs, if something were to show up a different color it would likely be the Goa'uld symbiote within the Jaffa...

Second point, if you are speaking of Ancients in their humanoid form, I doubt they would appear a different color, because they are still human, just more evolved, if the Asgard sensors were advanced enough to pick up the minute genetic differences between humans and Ancients then they would likely be able to genetically alter a Human's DNA, either during life or before birth, to make that person a humanoid Ancient. Yet, we never hear about this happening. Having an Ancient around would be really good, even if said Ancient wasn't ascended, we know that Ancients, before ascension still had advanced powers, as we see in O'Neill in "Lost City" and Aiyanna in "Frozen" as well as countless other Ancients throughout the courses of the two series. So I doubt the Asgard sensors would be that powerful, so as to display Ancients and Humans differently. If you think about it Ancients and Humans are basically the same race, the only difference is Ancients are slightly more evolved, when we think of evolution we think of monkeys to humans, this is a large evolutionary step, Ancients and Humans are not nearly that far away from each other.

If I were to pick a color I would say white or blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                  Ok, a couple points, first, I don't remember Humans and Jaffa showing up different colors, in fact they shouldn't as Jaffa are just Human with a pouch in their stomachs, if something were to show up a different color it would likely be the Goa'uld symbiote within the Jaffa...

Second point, if you are speaking of Ancients in their humanoid form, I doubt they would appear a different color, because they are still human, just more evolved, if the Asgard sensors were advanced enough to pick up the minute genetic differences between humans and Ancients then they would likely be able to genetically alter a Human's DNA, either during life or before birth, to make that person a humanoid Ancient. Yet, we never hear about this happening. Having an Ancient around would be really good, even if said Ancient wasn't ascended, we know that Ancients, before ascension still had advanced powers, as we see in O'Neill in "Lost City" and Aiyanna in "Frozen" as well as countless other Ancients throughout the courses of the two series. So I doubt the Asgard sensors would be that powerful, so as to display Ancients and Humans differently. If you think about it Ancients and Humans are basically the same race, the only difference is Ancients are slightly more evolved, when we think of evolution we think of monkeys to humans, this is a large evolutionary step, Ancients and Humans are not nearly that far away from each other.

If I were to pick a color I would say white or blue.
                  Thanks. Sending you green.

Okay, the different colors are canon because of the symbiote and the fact that it was thermal sensors being used, as I read it.

Probably, say Orlin in human form would be the same as any human, so I'll keep that in mind. Wish they would have had the Asgard sensors during Sanctuary...would make things obvious.

Comment

Thanks for the green, I will send you some, and Pay it Forward.

Ok, I wasn't sure about the color, I haven't seen some of the episodes in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                      Thanks for the green, I will send you some, and Pay it Forward.

Ok, I wasn't sure about the color, I haven't seen some of the episodes in a while.
                      Yeah...RL can so dampen the old watching time.

Thanks for the link; checked out and duly noted. Way cool...

Comment

is there any reall point to this??dont get me wrong i think its all very interesting...its just...
                        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think that Asgard sensors could tell the difference between humans and ancients, since they're virtually identical species. The reason they could tell the difference between Teal'c and O'Neill in Revelations was due to Teal'c's symbiote. There was no difference between Teal'c's sensor signature and the other Goa'uld on board.
                          But then again, there was no difference shown between the Goa'uld aboard that ship and Anubis, and if there was no difference shown between them, then the Asgard sensors don't work very well at all

Since you're dealing with Thor monitoring Jack, Thor might have very detailed sensor information to use to sort out Jack from anybody else; Apparently Thor has done alot of study on Jack previous to Fragile Balance. He put a genetic marker in Jack's DNA to prevent anybody from messing with him.

Go go deus ex machina!
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

is there any point to this the ancients are long gone...
                            but anywat the ancieny would show different cause the asgard sensors scan the dna thats why they are diff colour cause they have diff dnd and cause ancient dna is diff to uors they wuld show up diff..ok can i have green pls???im desperate...
                            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X