• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night One of "The Triangle" Scores!

From The Futon Critic:

Night One of "The Triangle" Scores!

Released by Sci Fi

NIGHT ONE OF SCI FI'S ORIGINAL MINISERIES 'THE TRIANGLE' SHATTERS RATINGS RECORDS

NEW YORK, NY--December 6, 2005--The premiere of Night One of SCI FI Channel's Original Miniseries 'The Triangle' averaged a 3.7HH rating and over 4.3 million viewers (P2+) in its 9-11pm block! Night One of 'The Triangle' is the highest-rated program to air on SCI FI since 2003 and is the Channel's highest-rated and most watched miniseries premiere night since the Emmy Award-winning 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' (12/2/2002, 4.9 HH/6.1 million P2+).

SCI FI's audience of over 4.3 million bests the #2 entertainment program of the day, Nickelodeon's 5pm telecast of Spongebob, by nearly half a million viewers. 'The Triangle' also delivered more total viewers than Fox's 'Arrested Development' (4.1 million P2+) and 'Kitchen Confidential' (3.1 million P2+), as well as all programs on the WB and UPN.

'The Triangle' was the #1 non-sports program on cable Monday--second only to WWE's 'Monday Night Raw' on USA--in HH ratings and P2+ audience delivery. SCI FI's miniseries 'The Triangle' continues tonight @9pm and concludes on Wednesday, December 7.

In the tradition of SCI FI's blockbuster December miniseries events 'Legend of Earthsea,' 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' and 'Frank Herbert's Dune,' 'The Triangle' has wowed audiences and brought in record ratings for the Channel.

'The Triangle' marks the first collaboration between Hollywood filmmaking talents Bryan Singer ('X-Men,' 'Superman Returns') and Dean Devlin ('Independence Day'), with a teleplay by Rockne S. O'Bannon from a story by O'Bannon and Singer & Devlin. In the SCI FI Channel miniseries, billionaire Eric Benirall (Sam Neill) is losing his cargo ships and their crews at a frightening pace-and now, he wants answers. Looking to put an end to these disappearances once and for all, Benirall commissions a diverse team of discipline-specific experts, to get to the bottom of this legendary anomaly.

Benirall's handpicked team features lead skeptic and Florida-based tabloid journalist Howard Thomas (Eric Stoltz), deep ocean resource engineer Emily Patterson (Catherine Bell), meteorologist/adventurer Bruce Geller (Michael Rodgers) and psychic Stan Lathem (Bruce Davison). Pulled together with the promise of limitless funding for their research and the chance for once-in-a-lifetime riches, the team sets out to solve this most daunting of puzzles. Deepening the mystery is Meeno Paloma's (Lou Diamond Phillips) first-hand encounter with the deadly forces at work in the Triangle. The lone survivor of a Greenpeace expedition lost at sea, Meeno is having difficulty readjusting to the life he had before that fateful expedition. A research expedition with the promise of riches soon becomes a frantic, head-turning ride through the unstoppable force that is 'The Triangle.'

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Of course it did. I already knew it wasn't going to be the fugly C/B movies that scifi usually shows (waste of timeslot anyway).
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I can see why, too. That first ep ruled. Gonna watch the second in a few. Very entertaining. I definitely can't wait to get a better grip on what exactly is going on though.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well they certainly chose their timing well. Everything else is in reruns right now but besides that, they did a fairly good job. I've enjoyed watching it. It's definitely not the usual scifi crap. If only they could keep this quality up for the rest of the year.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I've been watching!!! IT's great so far. I love the characters and the storyline. Catherine Bell is like my second favorite actress, next to Amanda Tapping of course! haha

I like the whole theory they've come up with about the Triangle!

Comment

Ican see why its a very good show.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

My hubby and I have both enjoyed the first two episodes - fun entertainment. SciFi did a good job this time around.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Dean Devlin and Bryan Singer can at least make crap worth watching. Even if the rest of it is a dud, at least Devlin and Singer make a great team. I was not expecting much from it given that it is on SciFi but I have to admit, it is entertaining.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

I love it as well. It was up against a Monday Night Football and scored a 3.7. Wow.

Comment

IMO they cast it pretty good. The actors are convincing enough that you totally forget about the faults with the show.
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                    X