This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly how big is a Hive Ship?

1-2 km long? Has anyone done a scale size of it yet?

Your guess is as good as mine. In rising it was about the size of a mountianside or something.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I would say they are pretty big seeing that the first one they thought was a mountain, or it looked like a mountain, I would say very big. I would say deffinetly in the kilometeres.

Comment

From what I've seen, a hive ship seems to be between 5 and 6 times the lenght of the Daedalus, and the cruisers approximatively Daedalus sized.
        No precise measurement at the moment.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Ya I am sure with the right figures we can calculate the approximate size. What is the size of an average mountain?

Comment

if the Daedalus is roughly 300-350 meters in length and the Hive is 5-6 times longer *calculating* 1.8 to 2.2 Kilometers or a little over a mile long...Stardestroyer size...

I measured this is a rough scale in ASCII

[=>

>>>>]
            {>>>>>>>=======]]
            {------------------------]]]
            {>>>>>>>=======]]
            >>>>]

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
              if the Daedalus is roughly 300-350 meters in length and the Hive is 5-6 times longer *calculating* 1.8 to 2.2 Kilometers or a little over a mile long...Stardestroyer size...

I measured this is a rough scale in ASCII

[=>

>>>>]
              {>>>>>>>=======]]
              {>>>>>>>=======]]
              >>>>]
              The Daedalus is about 200-250 metres long though. Sorry I threw off your calculations
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

To answer the question though, I'd say... BIG!!!
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It must be bigger than a mountain as a ha'tak is about that size and i imagine the hive ships are bigger

Comment

Err, I'm afraid a mountain is not a good benchmark.
                    Not only a Ha'tak is certainly not of the size of a mountain, but mountains can vary in size.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Yeah, A Hat'ak can land fully on a Pyramid, which'll be smaller than a mountain. When it landed on Cheyenne mountain in There But For The Grace Of God, I doubt it got to the bottom of the mountain (not accounting for a mountains inherrantly uneven shape), and Cheyenne mountain isn't that big a mountain is it?
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

well i would say that 2km is a low end from links that i have been on the size comparisons say that wraith hive ships are huge rivaling(if not dwarfing)goauld flagships(like anubis's and apophis)in size...just thought id mention it...
                        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

But also remember that the ships aren't really, completely, military ships. They probably hold stasis cells for thousands of sleeping wraith (when they are all asleep that is) and even more for humans being preserved for a late night snack. Big tankers with some room for turrets, and a whole lot of darts.

Comment

I would say a good two or three times the size of the Daedalus. Just my estimate.
                            302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                              well i would say that 2km is a low end from links that i have been on the size comparisons say that wraith hive ships are huge rivaling(if not dwarfing)goauld flagships(like anubis's and apophis)in size...just thought id mention it...
                              Links?

Comment

Working...
                              X