PDA

View Full Version : season 10 what should happen next year.

jsw
December 5th, 2005, 09:28 PM
can we finally meet the furlings

check in on the asgard. Go back and check in on daniel's gandpa. give the deadalus better weapons. maybe find some more friends like orlin to help us against the ori. What else should the writers do episodes on.

PG15
December 5th, 2005, 09:39 PM
We haven't had time travel...well, since Moebius, but I still wouldn't mind a fun little stand-alone time travel episode.

Ascended Times.2
December 5th, 2005, 09:54 PM
We haven't had time travel...well, since Moebius, but I still wouldn't mind a fun little stand-alone time travel episode.

Oh, please...no more time travel! Moebius was enough....:rolleyes:

Still, i'd like to see them upgrade the Daedalus, with SOMETHING that could at minimal damage a Wraith hive ship....:S
(Rail guns can, but they just aren't powerful enough)

Lord Jago
December 6th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Just more quality written stories will do me :D

I think its already been said that there will be quite a few big arc stories told in season 10 as well as a few stand alone stories.
Im still waiting to see if they will crack Ma'chello's code and find out what all that tech he left behind does. With the Go'auld still around it be nice to be able to mop up the mess with good old Ma'chellos tech.

Aint seen the To'kra in ages. Or the Nox. Maybe have a Nox arc where the Ori try to influence them and we see the Nox not being entirely passive ;)

Every one says the Furlings, but this will happen when it happens.

No.1 thing id like is a 2 parter episode involving O'Neill for a guest apperence. Maybe even get Hammod in for a guest apperence as well. For old times sake.

Too much to suggest really.

Wraith_Hunter
December 6th, 2005, 06:18 AM
I'll bet anything I have that there will be no Furlings in S10 or 11 for that matter.

Daedalus, I can actually see Earth getting some better weapons. Most likely the will be Goa'uld & from an Al'kesh or something like that but at least it's a start.

Although, in 'Disclosure' we see Thor say that he has come to put weapons on Prometheus. Yet we've never seen nor heard a peep about it ever since. That is until 'The Siege III' when Caldwell says about them not providing other races with anything that could be used against them. I'm pretty sure they could severely dumb down their weapons tech & give them something. The same as they originally did with the Prometheus & it's Asgard designed HyperDrives.

Would like to see some closure of older unclosed episodes & characters, such as Grace Aliens, Tollans, Foothold & some of the many others that have been dumped into the reject bin. However I don't hold out any hope at all.

The biggest flaw in the Stargate writers, is that they can't even comprehend on how to follow up on stories. Instead they create something with real potential & relegate it to ancient history. Then move onto something else entirely. The only thing they seem to like to follow up on is Vala & her chronicles.

jsw
December 6th, 2005, 06:19 AM
I totally forgot about machello. That would be interesting to finally see us crack the code that is stopping us from gaining acces to machello's weapons technology

Sgt.Pepper
December 6th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Would like to see some closure of older unclosed episodes & characters, such as Grace Aliens, Tollans, Foothold & some of the many others that have been dumped into the reject bin. However I don't hold out any hope at all.

The biggest flaw in the Stargate writers, is that they can't even comprehend on how to follow up on stories. Instead they create something with real potential & relegate it to ancient history. Then move onto something else entirely. The only thing they seem to like to follow up on is Vala & her chronicles.

THE TOLLANS ARE DEAD i dont see how much more of a follow up they can do. They had their appearance in Enigma then they had their closure in the episode where THEY DIE
I can see the other we could use some light on but even then they were just 1 episode aliens, i dont think that everytime we see an alien we have to have 3 or 4 episodes about it

jazz!
December 6th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I think with S10, they will more likely actually step through the stargate more frequently and meet new ppl rather than re-visit their uberly powerfull allies (tollan/ nox/ crystal skull aliens/ maybe asgard )

yeah, Wraith Hunter -> it is annoying when writers disregard a potentially great story;

as for the furlings -> it'd be better if you create your own mythos regarding them instead of waiting for the writers

so every1 -> think NEW rather than old!

Kelso
December 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I think with S10, they will more likely actually step through the stargate more frequently and meet new ppl rather than re-visit their uberly powerfull allies (tollan/ nox/ crystal skull aliens/ maybe asgard )

<snip>

so every1 -> think NEW rather than old!

Thank you! I totally agree!

Wraith_Hunter
December 6th, 2005, 07:17 PM
THE TOLLANS ARE DEAD i dont see how much more of a follow up they can do. They had their appearance in Enigma then they had their closure in the episode where THEY DIE
I can see the other we could use some light on but even then they were just 1 episode aliens, i dont think that everytime we see an alien we have to have 3 or 4 episodes about it

Says WHO! You, Forgive me if I don't take you at your word since you have no official say on anything remotely related to the show.

Let's go into the many ways that they could still be alve.

FIRSTLY: There could have been hundreds of Tollans off-world when the attack took place.
SECONDLY: Some could have escaped via the Stargate, even they could have used portable ones that we know they can construct.
THIRDLY: They could have had underground shelters or bunkers that the Goa'uld weren't aware of. This means that they could have survived the attack & started over again.

Most likely it will be a combination of all three. So next time before you jump on somebodys post & run your big mouth off. Actually think that they may have a reason for posting something up!!!

As for the others, aliens come from nowhere & take over the most secure & secret base on the planet. Actually are able to get to people outside the base & use their images to pass as them. Actually later on it was used the trust until the SGC found out about it & caught them by using it themselves to dupe the trust. Then they just leave & nobody is interested in anything related to finding out the reason why they did it.

Then Grace, a huge ship thr size of a Goa'uld mothership which Prometheus had recordings off. Is able to attack them & beam them off with something that resembles an Asgard transporter. They don't even consult Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard & some of their other allies in trying to find out who it was. Even if it's only to follow up & try & make peaceful negotiations with them. I can promise you, for both I can see multiple continuing story arcs that could bring up many future episodes if done right!

the fifth man
December 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
As long as tptb continue to care about this show as they seem to, I'll be fine with whatever they choose to do in season 10. Let's face it, they just have a knack for telling good stories. And it especially makes me happy that Joe has stated that he wants to do more stand-alone eps for next season. That should be pretty sweet.

PG15
December 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I think you raised a point that you didn't mean to - both the foothold and grace aliens were DAMN POWERFUL. If I were in charge, I would rather stay the hell away from them instead of trying to "poke the bear".

Steve_the_Wraith
December 7th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Says WHO! You, Forgive me if I don't take you at your word since you have no official say on anything remotely related to the show.

TPTB, the Tollan are gone and not coming back - its in the ask Joe Mallozzi thread

Then Grace, a huge ship thr size of a Goa'uld mothership which Prometheus had recordings off. Is able to attack them & beam them off with something that resembles an Asgard transporter. They don't even consult Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard & some of their other allies in trying to find out who it was. Even if it's only to follow up & try & make peaceful negotiations with them. I can promise you, for both I can see multiple continuing story arcs that could bring up many future episodes if done right!

Do you have proof they didn't, at the end of the episode Prometheus got free. The ship was only ever mentioned in one episode, there's no reason why the SGC couldn't have researched it off camera

Wraith_Hunter
December 7th, 2005, 11:09 AM
TPTB, the Tollan are gone and not coming back - its in the ask Joe Mallozzi thread

Do you have proof they didn't, at the end of the episode Prometheus got free. The ship was only ever mentioned in one episode, there's no reason why the SGC couldn't have researched it off camera

Didn't Joe also say that the Furlings were wiped out by some alien carnivores or something like that. I didn't say they will go on & rebuild their planet, but to say that not one tollan is alive in the galaxy is sheer ignorance.

As for Grace, isn't that the old cliche, "off screen". Off screen the Furlings could be running the SGC, the Asgard could be playing hide the sausage with the replicators. It's what's on screen that matters. You could say anything has happened off screen to justify almost anything. Such as off-screen O'neill still goes off-world every other day to fight aliens. Janet appears in ghostly form to give tips to the SGC's medical staff every night.

Get my meaning, there is no point in what's off screen. Anything is a possibilty off screen, what scenarios occur & are put into dialogue in the show is what ultimately counts.

The fact is a huge advanced alien ship, that has something resembling Asgard beaming technology & energy weapons. It attacked Prometheus for no reason after scanning them. Prometheus has recordings & sensors of it. So these aliens probably attack others throught the galaxy as well. Since it was only the crew they took then they seem to be into slavery or experimentation etc. The only had to show it around those from the various allies that they had, as I'm sure someone would eventually know who they were or know of somebody who did.

PG15
December 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM
But why would they want to do that? To negotiate? Didn't work the first time. To fight back? Not bloody likely.

To avoid? Well, I think they've done a pretty good job of that so far. ;)

Lord Shiva
December 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Oma Desala and Shifu should break the Rules of the Ancients and help the SGC defeat the Ori, pushing them out of the Milky Way (temporarily, mind you)... the Ancients strip HER and Shifu of their powers, and she joines the SGC while Shifu becomes Daniel's kid :)

Wraith_Hunter
December 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
But why would they want to do that? To negotiate? Didn't work the first time. To fight back? Not bloody likely.

To avoid? Well, I think they've done a pretty good job of that so far. ;)

Not really, I wasn't originally meaning to track them down & waste resources. Especially since the Prommie got it's ass kicked the first time round.

I was really meaning to come accross them on an away mission or something like that. Carter finds out that they were the ones from 'Grace' & tries to explain that they got off on the wrong foot. Something happens & it all goes wrong. Now we have another very powerul recurring enemy for them to deal with.

If you take a look at the size of the ship, along with the other technology. Since they attacked for no reaosn. Then somebody out there either knows them or knows about them. I'm more inclinced to think of them as being from another galaxy & perhaps were just passing through the MW.

Still though would be cool to see a future references of it. Especially if they are made out to be real badass enemies.

PG15
December 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
That I agree with. :)

Crichton
December 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
What should happen next yearKill Landry...no wait, actually I want that to happen this year. Nothing awful, he should still go out heroically, but off the show. It would add to Lam's character too. Who should replace him...??
http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/5528/vidrine0vm.jpg (http://imageshack.us) Vidrine.

Crichton
December 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Then 2nd on the list is find someway to repare the damage to Mitchell. Give him full command and write stuff for his character so that Browder can do what we all know he's capable of...oh wait, I want that to happen this year.

Peoples_General
December 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
How about revisiting the whole "Alliance of 4 Great Races" thing? I have a feeling that with the coming of the Ori... everyone in the SG universe will be affected in someway. Much the same way the Ancients/Alterans had an impact on everyone in the SG universe.... only very negative (with the Ori).

I'd also like to see Earth as well as FJN to start using or copy the technology used to make the armor for the Kull Warriors. That would pwn, if the SGA and SGC troops had Kull Warrior armor on them. They'd tear those Wraiths a new one, and maybe even be better able to contend against the priors.

Though.... considering the Ori are making an army... Im wondering if we'll see any super-soldier like warriors they will employ.

nodrog
December 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I think the first thing they need to do in season 10 is make mitchell a more useful character, I mean he's a great so far and I guess since he is new he asks other people for advice and what not but he's the team leader. It's time for him to make some team decisions.

It might just be me but so far all I've seen is that mitchell stands there and makes side comments(which are funny) but let the more experienced team mates do most of the talking.

doombringer333
December 8th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I'd like to see some Mitchell background stories - who his family is, etc. Vala background episodes would be nice as well. I also want to learn more about Baal.

I'd like them to find more mysteries on earth and show how earth myths and legends are related to aliens. They've already done this in some eps: an example of the former is the fountain of youth episodes, and an example of the latter is Merlin. One mystery goes back to the Watergate episode (the one starring Marina Sirtis). In it, she mentioned that the Russian stargate building was previously used for experiments of some kind that SG-1 "wouldn't believe." According to a recent Nexus magazine (gotta love speculation mags :) ), there is supposed to be an ancient souce of energy somewhere in Siberia that was used early in the 20th century to shoot down a meteor or something.

I think assorted weirdness around the world would be interesting. The team could have missions to faraway places like Europe, India or China.
For example, I think it would be cool if SG-1 met a Wraith on earth, whose existence was the basis of vampire legends :) . Dracula reborn!!! :)

Somehow incorporating the Merovingians (as discussed in Holy Blood, Holy Grail) would be neat. Maybe they are a family of humans with a particularly effective combination of Ancient genes.

An evil Asgard would be interesting as well. Loki is a good choice, but I think someone bigger would be cool, like Odin. According to Norse myths, you couldn't really trust Odin - he was the All-father, obsessed with obtaining knowledge to avert Ragnarok, instilled berserker rages in warriors, had his valkyries choose the best of the slain so they could fight Ragnarok, and was skilled with the "dark arts" of sorcery (perhaps, like Loki, he did genetic experiments on humans). Perhaps Odin in SG was the first Asgard to figure out how to clone bodies and maintain Asgard immortality ages ago. Now, like all Asgard his biological clone bodies are failing, so uploaded his consciousness into a clone based on a human-form Replicator. Something went wrong, and he became nasty. He would be villainous but justify his actions as noble, like the old NID - Odin would be a defender of the Asgard legacy.

I'm also a pushover for Lovecraftian terrors from beyond, so maybe a race of Cthulhu-like entities would be cool.

Given my penchant for alternative history theories, I almost think Daniel should become the main character of the show. More clues about the Ancients and Ori would be introduced via his archaeological expertise.

Whew, that's a lot. Probably some stuff for seasons 10+ :) .

general ben
December 10th, 2005, 01:26 PM
i would like to see the people from learning curve again. they taught us how to make a naq generator maybe they could teach us about energy weapons or help us improve rail guns to shoot a bigger ammunition. we could learn a lot from these people so i think they would be a very good story arc. maybe were the ori come to them and we have to help them out then they help with energy weapons since they will need them now as well.

creed462
December 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
It would be neat to revist Grace

Traveler Enroute1
December 14th, 2005, 12:45 PM
How about revisiting the whole "Alliance of 4 Great Races" thing? I have a feeling that with the coming of the Ori... everyone in the SG universe will be affected in someway. Much the same way the Ancients/Alterans had an impact on everyone in the SG universe.... only very negative (with the Ori).

I could go with that, Peoples_General; revisiting Ernest's Planet, see what's left. After all, it was supposedly reached because it was in close proximity to earth's stargate (planetary shift had not moved it too far yet). They've learned how to triangulate onto once gated planets. Now with a ship like Prometheus (or even Daedulas) what's to stop an expedition there, led by Daniel and Sam of course, to salvage whatever? Explore the rest of the planet for other signs of Ancients, maybe weaponry?

Just sayin', just a thought. :) Season 11 mayhap? :p

the fifth man
December 14th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Just sayin', just a thought. :) Season 11 mayhap? :p

Nah, maybe season 12.:D

plaw15
December 17th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I think they need to have an episode withe the following races,

Ashcen
Tokra
FURLINGS
Tolan

I also think that they need to wxplore a little bit mor like they did in the earlier seasons.

the fifth man
December 17th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I can't wait to see how much the "new" mythology of the show is explored next season. It should really be fun to watch.

jazz!
December 18th, 2005, 11:56 AM
The focus on the mythology was one of the reasons that got me into the show...
...It'd be great to see them continue this with the Authorian Legend.

Probably no Tollans, Furlings or Aschen. Tok'ra a maybe I think.

The Alliance may need to be revisited. Maybe Earth can't solve a problem on their own this time.

creed462
December 18th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Grace aliens and return of Grampa Nick would be nice

the fifth man
December 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Personally, I just want to find out more about the fracturing that took place between the Ancients and the Ori.

LittleGreyGirl
December 21st, 2005, 09:43 AM
I like the mythology aspect of the show. More of that in season ten would be really cool!!!! Also I want to know more about the Furlings.

Dragon Knight
January 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Honestly I would feel comfortable with the exploring aspect like the early seasons. Stand alone's can produce interesting arcs for later episodes... Ancient mythology is a passion of mine and I would like too see more of this. I feel the humor is very flip and refreshing and well placed. I think thats why I keep watching. The show is fun and I miss that in other shows.

I would agree more development on the characters but it should never stop for Sam, Teal'c or Daniel. They are every bit as important as the new characters. Those three are more than a family and should treat Mitchell as the "New Guy". I feel Sam should have been in charge more than Mitchell.
I hate to see Mitchell end up as the "People call me Dave" guy. lol They need to find his little inner voice. He can be as human as they are. They desperately need a episode that deals with the emotions of the character.

As much as I enjoy Vala she needs to be turned down and not outdo anyone else. She needs a reason to be there. The qualities to make the character useful to SG-1 and not as window dressing. As a thought as being a former host she can bring a unique outlook on the Goul'd that Teal'c doesnt have.

The guest cast pool this season I have found rather outstanding and I would like to see them continue with that. I always do double takes and realize "Isn't that the guy from?"
The guest actors who they got on the show have done this kind of material, know the material, comfortable with it, and without a doubt can act through it. And I'm unusually surprised when they get someone I hardly expect to see on a Science Fiction show. (Or at least guest starring from another one). And do it with a measure of believability.(Of coarse on Sci fi it can be stretched a little). And besides that I'm often happy these people are working. Working on a show I like.
Please give the casting director a raise.:cool:

I like to see the show as far as the Ori and the Ancients a little laid back more..Since this Season is alot of Ori Building ...they need to take it a bit back. Ive seen the story lines similar to 2 different shows. And I'm somewhat concerned about that. Somewhere along the lines when "evil ancients" was going to crop up I was thinking of two different shows (that will go nameless) and I'm not sure if I want to see it again unless their is a good twist coming by the finale. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Any Asgard Episode Is pretty much a plus for me. No Replicators, No Time Travel. More System Lords stuff. Neros proved their are more Minor Goul'd out there.

Possible crossover with SGA. Depends on the story.

The cliche of killing off a character is old...real old and I would like to see this show break it. Almost every show that I've seen use a plot device to find a silly unrealistic way to bring back the dead and its got to stop. If its done someone ALWAYS gets upset. I've seen too much death in Sci fi and it isnt pretty...not anymore. How and When of a return is always matter of time I'm just a little tired of it. I dont like it when someone dies because they always come back. I'm still floored after Heroes Part 2.

In a way I never felt that RDA left. To me hes still there and hes not speaking through Browder or Bridges...at least for me. I dont feel the character has left. I feel hes wandering the halls someplace. Still in charge.
Say if he was on the phone or a mere mention of him to show the character in some way still exist. That would be OK but I would like to see if the PTB are going to bring him back even in a reaccuring basis. (I can still dream) I like the option kept open. Than just writing him out. Characters once you get to know them no matter who they are are like old friends and its hard to let go of a personality like that.

Sorry if this came out as a long rant ...
Was I too greedy? lol

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 4th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Though.... considering the Ori are making an army... Im wondering if we'll see any super-soldier like warriors they will employ.

I have been wondering about that as well....Anubis created the Kull to serve as a loyal footsoldier nearly imprevious to most weapons and were made with advanced Ancient technology. The Ori might want something similar, they might not have all the Ancients tech but they might be pretty close it to, later in the show though they do have the Priors which are superior.

willygee
January 4th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Character wise I'd like to see Hammond and O'Neil make cameo appearances (even just a video call from one of them to the SGC setting SG-1 up for a mission), a little bit more involvment by Major Davis (although not a main character I think he is under-used). I'm also loving the increased role that Walter "Chevron Guy" is getting..

I know the dynamic of SG-1 has changed since Jack left and now Mitchell's in command but I'd like to see them all treat each other as equals in the team and re-gain that "family" relationship they used to have.

Story wise I'd like to see more of the mythology that mad SG-1 such a "must see" show, while not abandoning the Earth based stories focussing on the political aspects of Stargate Program completely.

I really love to see Baal become "resurected" in a sense, be it going into Politics on Earth or getting some followers.. That arc could be built on throughout the season and be possibly develop into an SG-1 movie "The Last Goa'uld" sort of thing..

Technology wise, they've been out exploring the galaxy for 9 years and the Pegasus galaxy for 2.. surely there is something they've learnt or brought back that could be put into Standard Issue use.. weapons, medical technology etc..

Well that's what I'd like to see in Season 10.

Blitz
January 5th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I'd like something mentioned about the Gadmer<sp?> from scorched earth.
+ The progess some of the people we've met before are now making without the snakes.

Saying that

I'd love to see an episode about what remaining System Lords there are and whats happening, like 3 remaining system lords seeking peace (for now) forging a new alliance no one trusts...ohh episode/seas on arc :P

Oh and more Ancients, love erm.

gopher65
January 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'd like to see an episode where there is some sort of anti-ori summit. They would be representatives from various semi-advanced human worlds (earth, that nazi-planet where they had fusion, sheilds, and energy weapons (of course those particular people were killed off, but there were others all over their planet even though it was poisoned), the nanotech people who invented the naquida generators that earth uses, the people who the prommie visitied on its first mission, ect), asgard, to'kra, nox, maybe a few left over tollen refugees, various gou'ald, ect.

They should all get together and hash out a plan to defeat the ori. It could be the beginning of a temperary alliance, or it could go horribly wrong, but either way I think it would be exciting to see them all in one place arguing:).

shiznaw
January 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Just more quality written stories will do me :D

I think its already been said that there will be quite a few big arc stories told in season 10 as well as a few stand alone stories.
Im still waiting to see if they will crack Ma'chello's code and find out what all that tech he left behind does. With the Go'auld still around it be nice to be able to mop up the mess with good old Ma'chellos tech.

Aint seen the To'kra in ages. Or the Nox. Maybe have a Nox arc where the Ori try to influence them and we see the Nox not being entirely passive ;)

Every one says the Furlings, but this will happen when it happens.

No.1 thing id like is a 2 parter episode involving O'Neill for a guest apperence. Maybe even get Hammod in for a guest apperence as well. For old times sake.

Too much to suggest really.

What Episode is Ma'chello again?

shiznaw
January 7th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I'd like to see an episode where there is some sort of anti-ori summit. They would be representatives from various semi-advanced human worlds (earth, that nazi-planet where they had fusion, sheilds, and energy weapons (of course those particular people were killed off, but there were others all over their planet even though it was poisoned), the nanotech people who invented the naquida generators that earth uses, the people who the prommie visitied on its first mission, ect), asgard, to'kra, nox, maybe a few left over tollen refugees, various gou'ald, ect.

They should all get together and hash out a plan to defeat the ori. It could be the beginning of a temperary alliance, or it could go horribly wrong, but either way I think it would be exciting to see them all in one place arguing:).

Well spoken. One the offensive with a focus on forging lasting alliances and informing the audience as to what happened with many of the issues still remaining from previous episodes...I like it

shiznaw
January 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Honestly I would feel comfortable with the exploring aspect like the early seasons. Stand alone's can produce interesting arcs for later episodes... Ancient mythology is a passion of mine and I would like too see more of this. I feel the humor is very flip and refreshing and well placed. I think thats why I keep watching. The show is fun and I miss that in other shows.

I would agree more development on the characters but it should never stop for Sam, Teal'c or Daniel. They are every bit as important as the new characters. Those three are more than a family and should treat Mitchell as the "New Guy". I feel Sam should have been in charge more than Mitchell.
I hate to see Mitchell end up as the "People call me Dave" guy. lol They need to find his little inner voice. He can be as human as they are. They desperately need a episode that deals with the emotions of the character.

As much as I enjoy Vala she needs to be turned down and not outdo anyone else. She needs a reason to be there. The qualities to make the character useful to SG-1 and not as window dressing. As a thought as being a former host she can bring a unique outlook on the Goul'd that Teal'c doesnt have.

The guest cast pool this season I have found rather outstanding and I would like to see them continue with that. I always do double takes and realize "Isn't that the guy from?"
The guest actors who they got on the show have done this kind of material, know the material, comfortable with it, and without a doubt can act through it. And I'm unusually surprised when they get someone I hardly expect to see on a Science Fiction show. (Or at least guest starring from another one). And do it with a measure of believability.(Of coarse on Sci fi it can be stretched a little). And besides that I'm often happy these people are working. Working on a show I like.
Please give the casting director a raise.:cool:

I like to see the show as far as the Ori and the Ancients a little laid back more..Since this Season is alot of Ori Building ...they need to take it a bit back. Ive seen the story lines similar to 2 different shows. And I'm somewhat concerned about that. Somewhere along the lines when "evil ancients" was going to crop up I was thinking of two different shows (that will go nameless) and I'm not sure if I want to see it again unless their is a good twist coming by the finale. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Any Asgard Episode Is pretty much a plus for me. No Replicators, No Time Travel. More System Lords stuff. Neros proved their are more Minor Goul'd out there.

Possible crossover with SGA. Depends on the story.

The cliche of killing off a character is old...real old and I would like to see this show break it. Almost every show that I've seen use a plot device to find a silly unrealistic way to bring back the dead and its got to stop. If its done someone ALWAYS gets upset. I've seen too much death in Sci fi and it isnt pretty...not anymore. How and When of a return is always matter of time I'm just a little tired of it. I dont like it when someone dies because they always come back. I'm still floored after Heroes Part 2.

In a way I never felt that RDA left. To me hes still there and hes not speaking through Browder or Bridges...at least for me. I dont feel the character has left. I feel hes wandering the halls someplace. Still in charge.
Say if he was on the phone or a mere mention of him to show the character in some way still exist. That would be OK but I would like to see if the PTB are going to bring him back even in a reaccuring basis. (I can still dream) I like the option kept open. Than just writing him out. Characters once you get to know them no matter who they are are like old friends and its hard to let go of a personality like that.

Sorry if this came out as a long rant ...
Was I too greedy? lol

I think many here at GW are GLAD to see you've joined. Much of what you had said just re-affirms what has been missing this Season. Your welcomed here anytime...seriously

shiznaw
January 7th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Jaffa Issue
A couple of stand-alone episodes detailing the struggle of having Tealc, Bretak, and company engaging in Jaffa-type dipolamcy toward the purpose of implementing a newly-created Jaffa Nation. the writers could include several sub-plots of deceit and treachery by regional powers and the remaining disbelievers still clinging on to the old ways out of fear and still throw in some butt-whippin. These episodes could lead us toward a better understanding of the human dynamic and social complexities of a "reconstruction" era such as the one America had undergone after its Civil War.

B. Former Slave/Mining Society Issue
All worlds under Jaffa Control by default of the vacuum left by the Gou auld's (spelling) destruction are not necessarily 100% Jaffa or human. This could have made segways into what human alliances are being made between the bands of former slaves who lived such a meager existence.

Are humans slaves leaving the mining camps and going back to their home worlds (if they even know where that is?) or setting up colonies on jaffa controlled worlds?

plaw15
January 9th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I think they will try to explore more and of course more Orii. I hope they tell more about Ball and the remaining Goa'uld.

wikeja
January 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I think there will be a few Lucian Alliance eps, several stand-alones to appease JM, a few mop-ups for unresolved eps such as "Grace" aliens, Re'tu etc., some backstory on Vala, some crossover with SGA, a little Jaffa civil war, a bit of helping the Asgard somehow with their cloning problem, an ep bringing Jack back to deal with the beanstalk (a reference to the giant aliens in Crystal Skull), a visit to Nox-ville, an appearance by Bock...

Hey! I have enough material for atleast 2 more seasons here.

NakedJehutyV2
January 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
you're not the only one

kazzyk
January 11th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I dont think there should be a season 10 but if one should actually make it--then lets return to actual Stargate story telling.

shockwave
January 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM
more ori
more vala
no jack
maybe furlings (in ep 200)
more lucian alliance
more free jaffa nation trouble
more baal
more spaceships

GATEGOD
January 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
more ori
more vala
no jack
maybe furlings (in ep 200)
more lucian alliance
more free jaffa nation trouble
more baal
more spaceships

yea >>>>^

The Signal
January 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
More Ori
More Ascendants
More Daniel/Vala
More Lucian Allience
More Baal
Less ships
Less FJN
No Jack
No Furlings
More Standalones

creed462
January 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I hear more standalones

Technician
January 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Wow, there are lots of possibilities for season ten.

First of all, about seeing the Foothold aliens, the Re'tu, etc., again...It just doesn't seem practical. It's been six or seven years since these characters made their only appearance. I would be willing to bet that most of the current viewers of Stargate SG-1 don't know about, let alone care about, something that happened in season two or three. It's unfortunate, since I would really like to see what the "Crystal Skull" aliens or the "The Other Side" people have been doing all this time, but it is what it is.

Next, I think it's become pretty obvious by this time that the alliance of the four great races isn't going to step up and do anything. That alliance is ancient history, and we're on our own. That means the Tau'ri need to create their own alliance or mutual defense pact to face threats like the Ori. Perhaps we will attempt to assemble a loose coalition of interstellar species, both human and alien, somewhat reminiscent of Star Trek's Federation. It could possibly include the Tau'ri, the Hebridan and Serrakin, the Pangarans, the Reole, the Langarans, maybe even the Free Jaffa Nation and the Sodan.

Speaking of Langara, they should go back there and see how Jonas is doing and whether or not the planet is continuing to move towards international unity.

There are many possibilites for incorporating mythologies as well. Norse mythology, especially the fire giant Surt, the tree of the world Yggrasil, and the legends of Ragnarok, is there for the taking. They could go deeper into Aruthurian mythology as well. What was Excalibur (one of the first things you learn when studying Arthurian legend is that the sword in the stone is NOT Excalibur). Who was the Lady of the Lake? An Ancient? What about Morgan La Fay? And Mordred? Who was King Arthur really? What was the Holy Grail? (Admittedly they may address some of these ideas before the end of season nine.)

The idea of incorporating the Merovingians into the SG-1 mythology is an interesting one, but I don't want to see this turn into Stargate Da Vinci Code.

As for the Ori, if and when the Tau'ri repel the initial invasion, someone will eventually have to raise the question of how to respond. Will Earth launch a counterstrike operation in the Ori galaxy? Any final victory against the Ori will need to entail our capture of Celestis and the Doci. And even then it probably wouldn't be all over. Somehow I don't see the Ori living in the Flames of Enlightenment just staying there while Origin is utterly destroyed. Plus if the Ancients go to war with the Ori, there will be a lot of uber-conflict on those higher planes of existence.

Are there any Mashur warriors left over besides Khalek? What if we sent them to the plane of the Ori to stop them?

Could we turn a Prior to our side without him going up in flames?

What about all those Baal clones? Something has to be done about them or we'll never really know if Baal is dead.

The producers mentioned something about Baal making a political move. Senator Baal anyone?

Speaking of Senators, where in the heck is Kinsey?

Hopefully the Aschen will turn up again. Hopefully not in the way the writers had originally planned. (A race that has sterilized the populations of entire planets taking us to space court for OUR crimes? Come on!)

The best gift The Powers That Be could give us for staying on for a whole 200 episodes would be to let us know about those Furlings.

Nasa
January 20th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Id like to see a prior on earth mingle with civilians and convert them to origin thus creating a serious problem with sg-1

Darkstar
January 20th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Id like to see a prior on earth mingle with civilians and convert them to origin thus creating a serious problem with sg-1

here here, i opted for ba'al being the door to door salesman with a hand device very pursuading that would be, i mean to the people he visits and of course the Ori mingling with people of earth, probably a minister of a church mosque or something like that, ohhhh a cult leader that threatens humainty from within??????

BC - 303
January 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Jonus should call, his world is stading against the Ori and theres now a big ORI ship above kallona, wait that sounds fermiler.
anyway Jonus's world vs the ori should be interesting.

Miz_Gatez
January 20th, 2006, 11:12 PM
What about Nick, Daniel's grandfather?!?

I gotta say that, in the big picture, Crystal Skull is one of the biggest cliffhangers in history. (My apologies if I'm using that term incorrectly - I'm still fairly new to this stuff :P) I mean, yes, the tension and "silent treatment" between Daniel and Grandpa was resolved, but what about those giant alien guys on that planet? Isn't the grandfather a sort of ambassador, or at the least is supposed to be learning those aliens' cultures, technology, etc?

Can't those aliens help earth against the Ori? Or won't they at least try to contact them? Doesn't it make sense to try everything possible?

Linkinparkgundam
January 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM
can we finally meet the furlings

check in on the asgard. Go back and check in on daniel's gandpa. give the deadalus better weapons. maybe find some more friends like orlin to help us against the ori. What else should the writers do episodes on.

Or remember the eps "100 Days" where Jack was stuck on some other planet and then one day he stopped thinking about going home. Then slept with that one chick, and at the end of the eps, she rubs her stomach... I wonder what if she was pregant with Jack's child....

-Linkin