This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Characters media THUNK thread

I have noticed many pics throughout the forum, but many of them seem very small or reduced in size. What I propose in this thread is to maintain a thread for high quality pictures of all Stargate and Atlantis characters. It is open season in here - no one is to be excluded, no character whatsoever. So if you have a shippyness for a Wraith, you can place his or her picture in this thread. If you have a desire for a character who appeared in only one episode... this is the place for it. Of course, all the main characters as well! You are also free to talk about how much you love the picture, or the characters... and no hate allowed in this thread.

There is only one rule: High Quality. If it is a scan from a Stargate magazine, I want to be able to see it, and not see a small 5 inch picture when the original picture is double that size. If it is a screencap, make it nice and big, so we can marvel at all the details.

With that rule in place... post away! Let us see how much you love these characters... Jaffa, KREE!
    Last edited by Lord Shiva; 04 December 2005, 12:28 PM.

I shall start - I call this trio "Wraith Death"

http://www.granatus.com/Pax/Stargate/Wraithdeath1.jpg
    She's not a very happy Wraith.

http://www.granatus.com/Pax/Stargate/Wraithdeath2.jpg
    I wonder what Sheppard is doing to her?

http://www.granatus.com/Pax/Stargate/Wraithdeath3.jpg

This is the first image in the pilot that made me really like the Wraith... her death was just... scary. To My host, of course.
    Last edited by David; 05 December 2005, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Do you have approval of the moderators to have this big pictures because have you noticed the size? A bit overkill don't you think?
      We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
      Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
      *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
        Do you have approval of the moderators to have this big pictures because have you noticed the size? A bit overkill don't you think?
        Did not realize there was a size limit. As for the size, they were originally 3-4 megs *chuckle* - Unless you're talking about physical size on the screen? I'm a Goa'uld System Lord, its all about overkill. Seriously though, I can make them smaller, of course.

edit: Dropped the size to a prettier 1200 by 750.
        Last edited by Lord Shiva; 04 December 2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

If the images do not break the horizontal margins then they can stay. If they do, they must go, or be shrunk so they do not break the page.

Comment

ok, cool... they were way too big, I agreed with Dr. Weir (they were 1600 x 1000). Now they are at 1280x750 and fit, but if I have to I can drop them another step.
            Last edited by Lord Shiva; 04 December 2005, 03:08 PM.

Comment

My plan is to slowly go through Stargate and present some of the best looking shots from each show... I'm a little busy currently, but I have taken shots from the pilot of Stagate SG-1, which I will put up soon... I have to say its from one of my FAVORITE Sci-Fi show intros, ever. Of course, others are welcome to post their pics as well from all sorts of sources - from magazines to off-Stargate shots, etc.

Comment

They're still breaking the forum margins. Use the GW menu at the top as a guide. Once the bars touch seamlessly on both sides, you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  They're still breaking the forum margins. Use the GW menu at the top as a guide. Once the bars touch seamlessly on both sides, you're good.
                  Not trying to argue here, just asking - what is your resolution? I'm running at 1280 x 1024 and it fits. But I will try to make them a little smaller in a bit.

Comment

Some users may not know how to post pics here at gateworld, so help those users who don't know how, here's some help:

In general, if the image is wider than 700 pixels, it will stretch the page wider than it's supposed to be. Height wise, i don't think that's too much of an issue, but try and keep it reasonable - you don't want to be taking an entire page by posting a really "tall" picture.

There are two sets of BBCode tags that allow us to put images here on the gateworld forum.

the [IMG] and the [URL] tag. In the following examples, replace the "(" and ")" with "[" and "]" respectively to get the tag to work properly. I changed the syntax so you could see what the code looks like.

The [IMG] tag allows you to post the pic directly. As in: . The Code for that pic is: (IMG)http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/TechnoWraith/ptw077_TW011.jpg(/IMG). As you can see, the [IMG] tag places the pic directly in your post.

The [URL] tag places a web-site hyperlink to your pic, rather than posting the the pic directly in your post. Like this: See Piccy here. The code for this pic looks like this: (url=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...w077_TW011.jpg) See Piccy here (/url). In the space where it says "See Piccy Here" you may enter whatever text you want. This makes your links look nicer, and it also allows you to label a link in your post. Using the [URL] tag lets you post a link to a large picture without breaking the bounds of the pic size rule here at GateWorld.

So just remember:
                    The [IMG] tag places the pic directly in your post. (Regardless of the physical size of the picture - such as an 1200 x 800 piccy. That will break the pic size rule).
                    The [URL] tag will place a hyperlink to your image, and you can title your hyperlink, too. Picture size will not be an issue when you use the [URL] tag, because the pic will open in a new window, and it will not break the pic size rule.

Comment

There we go... lowered them a bit further in size while maintaining the high quality and detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                        There we go... lowered them a bit further in size while maintaining the high quality and detail.
                        The best way for you to handle your images is to use the [url] tag. That way you can don't have to kill the image quality and still keep the size intact.

David is refering to the physical size of the pics - they're too big to post in your posts. They stretch the page wider than it's supposed to be. Changing the image quality will not effect the pic's physical size (but it will effect the picture file's size).

If you need help, post one of the links to your pics here, and i'll show you how to use the [URL] tag.

Comment

Regardless your resolution, this is not allowed:

This is what you need:

If this is such a big deal, then please just leave the link to the image, like this:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/david/graphics/this.jpg

When I come back I'd like to see the outstanding images shrunk, or just linked. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            Regardless your resolution, this is not allowed:

This is what you need:
                            I know. I have that now. If it looks thee same hit F-5 maybe the pics haven't refreshed.

Comment

Just thought I'd drop off this little gem.
                              Thor always looks cool, but I reckon blue is definitely his colour

Signature courtesy of the wonderful Mazzmatazz

Comment

Working...
                              X