• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kong Movie

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33505

Kong's Black Aped Welles

Jack Black, who stars as obsessive filmmaker Carl Denham in director Peter Jackson's upcoming King Kong remake, told SCI FI Wire that he modeled the character in large part on Orson Welles and even worked in a bit of Jackson. In the film, the larger-than-life Denham will risk anything and anyone in order to make a career-saving movie. Welles, of course, is the legendary maker of Citizen Kane.
    sigpic

Is this going to be another Peter Jackson hit? Well, it sure cost a lot of money to make! Over $207 million Isn't that more than what it cost to make LOTR, which I think was over $153 million? I guess we'll have to see how well it does in a few weeks time.
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I know a guy who worked on the set, so for his sake (and that of his career) I hope it does really well.

Comment

That's cool you know someone on the set. I anticipate that with all the King Kong size hype (no pun intended), it'll probably do well and make back the $207 it cost to make. Peter Jackson's name is enough to carry it through.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I know a guy who worked on the set, so for his sake (and that of his career) I hope it does really well.
        Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I saw the extended trailer in The Goblet of Fire screening... Looking pretty good... But don't those islanders look like more humanized versions of Urukai... Kong himself looks pretty impressive...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            I saw the extended trailer in The Goblet of Fire screening... Looking pretty good... But don't those islanders look like more humanized versions of Urukai... Kong himself looks pretty impressive...
            Yeah, well, you've got all those surplus costume bits and makeup from LOTR, you may as well put them to good use.

Kong does look very kick-ass, doesn't he?

Comment

Very kick-ass! I can't wait to take this movie for a spin. Hope it's worth the ride.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I watched on Space Channel that they actually recreated New York model size to make this film and detailed as it can be. It took 12 days to make 1 second of video of a shot of Kong they said...that's insane!! Unless I heard incorrectly, but they repeated twice, so I'm sure I wasn't hearing things.
                Don't make me zat you

Comment

Yeah, well, you've got all those surplus costume bits and makeup from LOTR, you may as well put them to good use.

Wonder what other surplus bits and bobs from LOTR we're going to see in this film.
                  But I do like the look of Kong... he reminds me of one of my primary school teachers. Her name was Kong too, by the way...
                  I'm bracing myself for an overdose of Jack Black on red cordial but hopefully PJ will have kept a tight rein on him.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm wondering what other recycled bits we're going to be able to spot.

I was very impressed with the preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Wonder what other surplus bits and bobs from LOTR we're going to see in this film.
                      Okay, that was strange...

But I do like the look of Kong... he reminds me of one of my primary school teachers. Her name was Kong too, by the way...
                      Regretably, none of my teachers looked like any of the great apes, though we did have one that looked like a penguin.

I'm bracing myself for an overdose of Jack Black on red cordial but hopefully PJ will have kept a tight rein on him.
                      He seemed fairly restrained in the preview.

Comment

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/783362

Anybody seen this? It's a DVD production diary for King Kong.

Comment

For all the Aussies...
                          David and Margaret will be talking to PJ about King Kong next Tuesday at 10:30. Don't forget to tune in...
                          Wow... PJ appears to have lost a lot of weight... Not quite the man he was...
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought Margaret and David had finished for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                              I thought Margaret and David had finished for the year.
                              Tis a special I believe...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X