This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Trailer)

It turns out they're actually making a third one also (rumored title: World's End). In fact, they're filming several scenes for the third film at the same time they're filming this one. Hopefully that means they're confident that the second film will do well and/or the third film will finish the story that begins in the second one. We'll see.

I was originally worried about the whole idea, but....it actually looks like it might turn out well after all.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Saw the trailer on Thanksgiving... it looks awesome. I was a huge fan of the first film! I absolutely love Jack. And I'm a die-hard Disneyland fan, so just finding all the little nods to the ride is awesome. ("Look! That's the crab that's next to the skeleton after the second drop on the ride!" )
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Disney thought out a great way to promote the second Pirates of the Caribbean film. They decided to sponsor one of the boats in the Volvo around the world ocean race currently under way.
      Of course the boat (the Black Pearl) was the first to give up the race after a few days might have been a slight miscalculation on Disney's part.

Comment

LOL! So much for the "fastest ship in the Caribbean," eh?

I'm hoping we'll get another world premiere/red carpet event at Disneyland again... I missed out on the last one, since I was up in Seattle. Woulda been cool to see the whole cast walk down the red carpet along Main Street!

Comment

Please remember that not everyone has or likes "Quicktime"... Here is a link for the main trailer page.

Anyway, it is looking like a great movie and I can't wait to see it. I knew they were making both part 2 and part 3 at the same time. I like the idea. Also Orlando Bloom has already done that with "Lord of the Rings" movies and can handle himself.

Comment

YO ho ho and a bottle of rum! Hey!
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

With any luck, the double sequels will have no similarities with the mess that was The Matrix's double sequels ie. getting worse with each edition.

I'm confident this will go well though. It's Johnny Depp. The trailer looks amazing!

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I'll go see both films - can't go wrong with Jack Sparrow. Love the guy.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

and really bad eggs!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                  Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Just saw the trailer. Man, it really looks good. Jack Sparrow at his best, I think. Can't wait for July, now.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Doesn't Jack's teeth look more rotten?

I remember Johnny Depp saying in an interview that he really wanted to go all out with the make-up but TPTB wouldn't let him. Now that he's made the show such a huge success, I'll bet his getting more of his way this time.
                      The man's a chameleon...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hmmm, Media Player didn't like me. :sulk: Just trying to get the QT version now.

Comment

Was that Geoffrey Rush in the trailer?

Comment

I believe it was, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                              I believe it was, yes!
                              I wonder how they are going to wrangle him from the afterlife. And I think I saw the monkey too.

Comment

Working...
                              X