• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devlin Wrote, Scrapped ID 4 Sequel

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33466

Devlin Wrote, Scrapped ID 4 Sequel

Dean Devlin, who produced 1996's Independence Day, told SCI FI Wire that he and partner Roland Emmerich actually wrote the script for a sequel film that was never produced. "The sequel was written right after 9/11," Devlin said in an interview while promoting the upcoming SCI FI Channel original miniseries The Triangle. "It was actually inspired by 9/11. And you know, there's a lot of good stuff in it, but it still didn't feel right. [It] didn't feel like the right thing to do. So at least at the moment, Roland and I have no intention of doing a sequel to Independence Day. I don't know if the studio [Fox] will maintain that they don't have an interest in doing it. They may change their mind. But I think it's not a movie that should have a sequel."
    sigpic

Independence Day to me seems to a movie which or no reason what so ever deserves a sequel.

from the sounds of the script, it sounds like it would be better off as a seperate movie with no connection to ID4.

sigpic

Comment

I think they mentioned in the audio commentary that they also had an idea for a Stargate sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        I think they mentioned in the audio commentary that they also had an idea for a Stargate sequel.
        They were going to do a trilogy with Independence Day as part 3 in which Ra's children come to Earth

Part 2 would be Ra still alive SG1 kill him again etc.
        But I think it's not a movie that should have a sequel.
        Then why write one?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

is this a joke!!!?

the movie had never lent itself to a sequel, what possible sequel could there have been to the movie?

a prequel maybe but whats the point, i mean we know there is an impending disaster coming and it wont change anything, im confused maybe this thread has been absorbed into a parralel universe or perhaps you are going on about something totaly different that what i am thinking, it wont be the first time thats happened to me......the confusion part i mean not the parralel universe thing that has not happened as of yet, but fingers crossed LOL!
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

that movie was nothing more than a vomit inducing, jingoistic, piece of steaming crap.

a sequel should never have been contemplated, let alone admitted to have been thought about.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              They were going to do a trilogy with Independence Day as part 3 in which Ra's children come to Earth
              Seriously? So it would have been a crossover of sorts? That sounds pretty lame. Much as I enjoy watching various things get blown up in over-the-top films, I can't really see these two franchises blending. Sounds like it would have been for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                Seriously? So it would have been a crossover of sorts? That sounds pretty lame. Much as I enjoy watching various things get blown up in over-the-top films, I can't really see these two franchises blending. Sounds like it would have been for the money.
                wow!! a crossover now i know i have been pulled into a parallel universe, the two would never go, very odd indeed!?
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                  Originally posted by Darkstar
                  wow!! a crossover now i know i have been pulled into a parallel universe, the two would never go, very odd indeed!?
                  No!! - The script for Independence Day was originally the script for Stargate 3
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    No!! - The script for Independence Day was originally the script for Stargate 3
                    Ah, that makes much more sense. The idea of a crossover between Independence Day and Stargate was bizarre, to say the least. I have no wish to see Will Smith or Jeff Goldblum pop up in the SGC.

Comment

Why not? Jeff Goldblum's computer can wipe out an entire alien space craft with a simple virus.

You'd think the aliens would have anti-virus software installed!

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                        Why not? Jeff Goldblum's computer can wipe out an entire alien space craft with a simple virus.

You'd think the aliens would have anti-virus software installed!
                        Or at least run a derivative of Linux
                        love Torri

Comment

I found it interesting that the alien ship was Mac compatible. Something that the Gates empire hadn't taken over and it was destroyed by a Mac virus. How weird is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                            I found it interesting that the alien ship was Mac compatible. Something that the Gates empire hadn't taken over and it was destroyed by a Mac virus. How weird is that?
                            Heh, apparently the only way to get away from Microsoft is to be a vicious race of aliens who want to kill all humans. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well for them.

Comment

I never understood what the ID 4 part was anyway.
                              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                              X