• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threshold feedback form to fill in at CBS

Everybody

ABOUT THRESHOLD

Go there down the bottom select feedback ..then a form will pop up

http://www.cbs.com/#

Select threshold ... I then selected request and I wrote that it should be given a second chance as it's a great show with a lot of potential twists ...I said that the x-files didn't do that well in it's first season ratings ..but look at what it became ..bla bla bla ... write as much as you like ......then submitt

I hope many of you could support that show as I really like it and would also love to see Catherine bell (Jag) in it too

Thank you to anybody supporting the show with me

Caty

Whilst it's a good thing that you are making an effort to keep the show alive (i know i sure did when Angel was stupidly axed) i think you might be wasting your time with this one. Whilst not a done deal yet there is very little going in it's favour to prompt CBS to renew.

The comparison to the X Files is a good one, although twelve years ago or so, when that series began, networks were a lot less triggerhappy when it came to cancelling shows and more likely to give a series a decent chance. These days things are very different. If they weren't then Firefly would still be on the air, like it deserved to be.

In the case of Threshold, i'm simply not a big enough fan of the show to care if it ends or not but it's nice to see that you are willing to at least try and fight for a show you love. Just don't get your hopes up with this one, okay?

Comment

While I don't care enough about the show to wish it specifically to continue, the future of scifi programming on network TV (the guys with the cash) hinges on the success of these scifi series. Even if I don't particularly love threshold, I love scifi programming and I don't want them to give up so soon. It makes them unlikely to try again and the last thing we need is another crime drama.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The thing for me is that the success of Stargate, Atlantis and Galactica has proven that scifi genre television may no longer need the networks to be successful. The days where the big five (i'd say six but who would count UPN these days?) held sway over the real quality shows are long gone. Okay, they still show a number of genre series but should they decide not to then that is where cable channels will start to prosper, simply because people will have no choice but to get cable if they want to watch good science fiction.

However, this will never happen. Network heads may be a little shortsighted but they aren't entirely stupid. They are intelligent enough to realise when they are losing a whole section of their viewing audience and sooner or later, as the current glut of new genre shows has proven, they will do something about it.

This last two years has seen many new scifi series begin on the networks, some good and others not so good. But just because it's scifi doesn't automatically mean it will succeed, or indeed that it deserves to. For every Lost, Invasion or Ghost Whisperer that succeeds there will be a Nightstalker or Threshold that doesn't quite make it. That is the same for any type of programming. Losing the odd show is inevitable because people just don't have time to watch everything.

Comment

Some failure may be inevitable but I'm still not pleased about it. I wish them much success and I encourage them to keep trying.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I love that show and yes I won't get my hopes too high but at the moment , I really do prefer to watch a new and fresh sci-fi show than an Old one like SG1 .I 'm getting really tired now of SG1 and the stories too ..They don't hold my interest like they used to ..I'm in search of new shows .
            I discovered Lost and I love it ..but when I saw the Threshol Pilot ..I thought it was great and I actually watched the pilot twice and could watch it again which is unusual for me as most of the time I'm not bothered to watch something twice ...so I think the show has great potential ..I agree about firefly too ..how did the film do ??? was it a blockbuster !? because if it was , they may re-think about the series if they put it in another timeslot ??!!

and Do we know how the timeslots are being given ?!!! Does a show need to book in advance or not ??!!!..How does it work to get a timeslot and how does CBS decide what can be in a good timeslot and what can't be !!!

I mean If they let's say went with the x-files popularity to get Threshold its timeslot , they got it all wrong . You would think they would give a show with a similar theme an exceptional timeslot because X-files was extremely popular until season 7 I think !!!

In the Sky magazine , when they advertised Threshold , they said if you love X-files, 4400, and lost ..you will love threshold ..therefore they are kind of comparing Threshold to those shows ..and all of them are popular and have good timeslots ..so why not Threshold!!! Do Lost and 4400 compete with other great shows in their timeslot ?!!!

Caty

Comment

Hi Caty,
              I stopped by CBS and let them know I was disappointed that they cancelled Threshold. I also told them that I hoped they would at least air the episodes already filmed... but to tell you the truth, I just hope it ends up on dvd

schmoo

Comment

Working...
              X