• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Tomb Raider Film In Works?

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33426

Third Tomb Raider Film In Works?

The Business Online reported a rumor that SCI, the game company that owns the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider franchise, is in talks with Paramount Pictures to license a third movie based on the Croft character.
    sigpic

I'm beginning to notice a trend for better or worse. They will make a sequel of anything no matter how bad the previous ones were. Tombraider, the first wasn't bad, Tombraider the second was a crapfest.

I guess they are really positive thinkers or they figure any money is good money... which is true yet lacking in artistic integrity, if such a thing exists anymore.

If they think they can make the third better than the second then more power to them. If they're hinging the whole thing on previous successes however, (like the Mask 2) and not investing much creativity... bahh they might as well save their time and money and write something brand new.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Oh, goody! Whatever, just another bad movie that I won't waste my money going to see.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

First one was good, second wasn't that bad. Better scenery anyway.

I thought AJ said she didn't want to make any more after the second one. She was basically in it for the travel, it seems. Oh well. Where will they send our intrepid gun weilding bimbo now? Australia?
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

yah...definate wait for netflix.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Jolie ruled out of 'Tomb Raider 3'

Tomb Raider 3 producer Dan Lin has ruled out the possibility of Angelina Jolie reprising her role as Lara Croft.

Speaking to About.com at the US premiere of Terminator Salvation, Lin confirmed that the latest instalment will be a prequel featuring a "younger Lara Croft".

He said: "We're rebooting Lara Croft. It's a great origin story that we're going to tell. Very character-oriented [and] I would say more realistic than the past movies."

Lin explained that he wanted to make the new Tomb Raider "character-driven".

"I think for me the Lara Croft games and movies have gone a little too action-oriented," he commented. "I wanted to have action, but with character."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-raider-3.html

Comment

The New Tomb Raider Movie Will Be A Prequel

I'm not to sure how thrilled I am about this news, but none the less, the trades are reporting that instead of moving along with the franchise studio heads are wanting to go back and make a Lara Croft origin story.

More from Jessica over at Cinematical:

"According to Lin, casting for the role has yet to begin (now that Megan Fox is out of the running), but they are definitely looking for someone a little younger this time around. Whether the choice for a younger Croft is to capitalize on multiple flicks, or just to pander to the mall crowd, I couldn't say. But what I do know is that I think an adult Lara Croft is a much more exciting proposition than a precocious teen with a Nancy Drew complex -- and isn't it about time that we got some fully grown ladies fighting the good fight on the big screen again, anyway?

The project is still in the early stages of development, but Lin has warned fans that we might be getting a less 'active' Croft this time around, saying, "I would say it's like Terminator - character-driven action. I think for me the Lara Croft games and movies have gone a little too action-oriented. I wanted to have action, but with character." Now I might have only played a few of the Raider games, but seriously? When were those things about characters?"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7704

Comment

Fox Says No To Wonder Women And Lara Croft

Transformers ROTF hottie makes some comments about future possible roles.

Fox reportedly turned down the chance to take over from [Angelina] Jolie (the two are strikingly similar, down to their mutual love of tattoos) as Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider series."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7733

Comment

It would be really cool to see a third movie, but they have to be careful. Most times they can really blow a third (Spiderman 3) or make a really good one. (Shrek the Third)

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Fox Says No To Wonder Women And Lara Croft

Transformers ROTF hottie makes some comments about future possible roles.

Fox reportedly turned down the chance to take over from [Angelina] Jolie (the two are strikingly similar, down to their mutual love of tattoos) as Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider series."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7733
                    I would have liked to see Megan Fox as Lara Croft.

Comment

Working...
                    X