• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flux Creator Wanted Toon Film

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33425

Flux Creator Wanted Toon Film

Peter Chung, creator of the animated Aeon Flux TV series, told SCI FI Wire that he isn't thrilled with the idea of a live-action version of his characters and still hopes to make an animated feature film about his female antihero. The series, which ran on MTV in the 1990s, is the basis of the upcoming live-action movie starring Charlize Theron.
    sigpic

I've never seen the animated series but I've seen quite a bit of the art style and it gives me the creeps. There's just something about it that reminds me of rotting zombie corpses. I want to see the live action one though. Charlize Theron isn't creepy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I am a huge fan of Charlize Theron and I love the Aeon Flux story so I am hoping that it will be a whole lot better than Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

I'm not sure about this movie yet. I never really got too into the show.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not really a fan of Theron. Seems this flick is a knockoff of Tomb Raider, or at least they're mimicking a few things. It seems pretty cartoony anyway. Maybe they'll do something like that animated Matrix thing.
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I loved the odd animation style of the Aeon Flux cartoon and I would have preferred that the movie was animated. I just don't think a live-action movie is going to capture the complex camera angles, drastic storyline jumps, and general insanity of the animation. It may end up as a Tomb Raider clone and Aeon Flux is so much better than that. Besides, Theron is wearing WAY too much clothing in the movie to be Aeon.

Comment

I didn't like the animation style of the show. Everyone was too tall and WAY too skinny. But the show was very weird so the animation helped it out a lot.
              The movie looks like a Tomb Raider rip off right now but hopefully it isn't. Also I really hope that the movie has a plot that makes sense unlike the TR movies that just seemed to have Jolie looking hot and shooting things. Of course that is pretty much what the games were like but a plot would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak
                I didn't like the animation style of the show. Everyone was too tall and WAY too skinny. But the show was very weird so the animation helped it out a lot.
                The movie looks like a Tomb Raider rip off right now but hopefully it isn't. Also I really hope that the movie has a plot that makes sense unlike the TR movies that just seemed to have Jolie looking hot and shooting things. Of course that is pretty much what the games were like but a plot would have been nice.
                That's the problem I had with art as well. Creepy.

I saw the movie today. It's not like Tomb Raider. It's good, not great but certainly entertaining. The true highlights are the graphics and the costumes. Both were absolutely beautiful; the whole setting was. I did get the sense that a lot of the focus was on Theron's beauty and the costumes though, but the plot is a bit more straightforward and less melodramatic than TR.

The plot felt like it was missing a little something. It has a cool impersonal feel to it that I don't particularly like but I have a feeling other people love that kind of thing. Apart from some uncomfortable looking, impractical and revealing nightware (which I assume is in line with the animated version) it was fairly satisfying.

I don't think enough can be said about the costumes. It just struck the right balance. Not too revealing, sexy, unique, and futuristic without being unattractive or uncomfortable looking (generally speaking).

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                X