This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Dynamics of Season 10

Yeah... spoilers. Don't read if you don't wish to be spoiled.

I've been thinking of what the team dynamics might be next season, and I've come up with this.

Leader: Carter emerges as the team leader, but Mitchell still acts as her equal - but only in terms of rank. In all other ways, Carter is the leader. Thinking up tactics, doing stuff. Mitchell is the one either doing what she says, being cool, fighting, or whatever. It's like SG-1 from Season 8... with Mitchell sort of tagged on.

Vala: Vala is friends with Mitchell (by the means of that he reminds her of Daniel, with who she is... close), and is close friends with Daniel. She's toned down, and acts as a sort of liason between Mitchell and SG-1.

Daniel: Daniel is evolving in a darker fashion, and becoming more like O'Neill. Perhaps we'll see an episode similar to Need, Legacy, or The Light.

Teal'c: Teal'c is now an ever important leader in the Jaffa world, but the Tau'ri remains his home. Torn between two places, he is eventually forced to devote himself to only one.

Mitchell: SG-1 fanboy extrodinaire, probably seeing him do that pilot thing again. He'll be more or less excluded from the group, although he tries to be with them as often as possible to try to include himself. Maybe an episode where he proves himself to the team and becomes more included.

Landry: I don't know... he strikes me as a 1 dimensional general that happens to have a remotely interesting personality. He's General Hammond, in a sense - a static character.

The above are my predictions on the team dynamics in s10... what do you think?

It think you got Mitchell and Carter reversed but otherwise it could be close.
    They are going to be sending Carter "away" so she doesnt interfere with Mitchell's leadership. He is the STAR of the show and will be the next "O'neill". Daniel will definitly become darker, because darker is "cool". Teal'c may end up as the jaffa leader because otherwise he probably wont have much to do, like Landry.

The new team is Micthell (more dark and "cooler" Im sure, like crighton season 2-4), dark Daniel, Vala, Teal'c... Carter tagged on from time to time when they need someone besides Daniel to do the technobabble or some useless ship (besides the Dark Daniel\Vala ship with is ofcourse "cool"). Landry and Lam will sit in the SGC doing the soap opra thing..... maybe they will be in charge of Valas sprog, probably not, it will probably get kidnapped or something.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Great speculations on the new team dynamics.....not sure about all of them though. But, since we're just sorta guessing.....I see Cam emerging as the "new" leader, a bit more distant, and with a darker sense of humor, but definitely a real member of SG-1. Carter will be less prominent....and I'm not happy about that. I see her being shunted more into the "scientist" mode, not the "warrior" mode. As for Daniel, any change would be welcome, as he has been the "conscience" of the group for too long....I'd like to see his character be a bit looser, and maybe even a bit "darker". Teal'c I feel sorry for....caught between two lovers is a bad place to be....and he is torn between his allegiance to the Jaffa and the Tau'ri.

Gen. Landry...I hope he gets more "air" time, as I'd like to see more of his character and his personality. Personally, I'd like to see his development as a stronger leader, but still a bit like Hammond....willing to bend the rules when the team needs them bent. Guess that's about it.....too tired to continue right now, sorry.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
        Yeah... spoilers. Don't read if you don't wish to be spoiled.

I've been thinking of what the team dynamics might be next season, and I've come up with this.

Leader: Carter emerges as the team leader, but Mitchell still acts as her equal - but only in terms of rank. In all other ways, Carter is the leader. Thinking up tactics, doing stuff. Mitchell is the one either doing what she says, being cool, fighting, or whatever. It's like SG-1 from Season 8... with Mitchell sort of tagged on.

Vala: Vala is friends with Mitchell (by the means of that he reminds her of Daniel, with who she is... close), and is close friends with Daniel. She's toned down, and acts as a sort of liason between Mitchell and SG-1.

Daniel: Daniel is evolving in a darker fashion, and becoming more like O'Neill. Perhaps we'll see an episode similar to Need, Legacy, or The Light.

Teal'c: Teal'c is now an ever important leader in the Jaffa world, but the Tau'ri remains his home. Torn between two places, he is eventually forced to devote himself to only one.

Mitchell: SG-1 fanboy extrodinaire, probably seeing him do that pilot thing again. He'll be more or less excluded from the group, although he tries to be with them as often as possible to try to include himself. Maybe an episode where he proves himself to the team and becomes more included.

Landry: I don't know... he strikes me as a 1 dimensional general that happens to have a remotely interesting personality. He's General Hammond, in a sense - a static character.

The above are my predictions on the team dynamics in s10... what do you think?
        I find this more of a personal wishlist than a set of predictions, as it looks like Sam really will be relegated to "exposition girl" again, or some such nonsense.

While I'd like to think that TPTB have come to their senses on this issue, the jury's still out.

Mitchell and Vala have potential, and the actors who play them are great, but I'm just not feeling how they're (a) qualified for the team or (b) necessary. So, if Mitchell COULD miraculous turn back into fanboy and Vala COULD miraculous engage herself with other members of the team on a regular basis (particularly Carter, Teal'c and Mitchell), then I think I just might be 120% sure that next season would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          I find this more of a personal wishlist than a set of predictions, as it looks like Sam really will be relegated to "exposition girl" again, or some such nonsense.

While I'd like to think that TPTB have come to their senses on this issue, the jury's still out.

Mitchell and Vala have potential, and the actors who play them are great, but I'm just not feeling how they're (a) qualified for the team or (b) necessary. So, if Mitchell COULD miraculous turn back into fanboy and Vala COULD miraculous engage herself with other members of the team on a regular basis (particularly Carter, Teal'c and Mitchell), then I think I just might be 120% sure that next season would rock.
          Extremely well said. Boy, it's times like this I'm pissed I can't green ya!!!! I'll have to get you on the flip side.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Mitchell will remain the leader of SG-1

Jackson will continue in his philosophical battle against the Ori & quest to learn of the Ancients while developing a closer bond with Vala.

Teal'c will do his thing.

Vala will deal with her Ori, Goauld and Lucien issues while finding a home with SG-1.

Carter will take on greater responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
            X