Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will we see this in the StarGate universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will we see this in the StarGate universe?

The United States military has a company working for it called NATICK which is devising advance combat suit systems for use by US troops around the year 2010. Right now, here are some pictures of the prototypes.

Okay, so we already have our own version of the "Super-Soldier", so when will the costume department in StarGate start making suits that look like these so we can kick some Prior, and Wraith butt?

--------

Makesy you wonder... what if... maybe the StarGate program is real, and these Natick suits were reverse-engineered Kull Warrior suits. lol

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

There are several systems that could be used on SG1. There are 15cm discs weighing 200g which can fly and can carry explosives. Add naquadah to them and you'd have a nice weapon.

The US also has hover drones with(?) weapons, as well as surveillence hover drones. The surveillence one is donought-shaped with a diameter of 2m, the weapon carrier is 2m tall but only has a diameter of 50cm or something like that.

Comment

Like they said in Batman Begins, the bean counter don't want to spend that much money on an entire army WITH THAT KINDA OF ARMOR...

Comment

Besides, they probably don't want people mistaking them for Super Soldiers. They're not very well liked.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
          Besides, they probably don't want people mistaking them for Super Soldiers. They're not very well liked.
          Cant the just paint it a different colour such as camoflague.
          Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
          Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
          - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
          - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
            Like they said in Batman Begins, the bean counter don't want to spend that much money on an entire army WITH THAT KINDA OF ARMOR...
            That was fiction. They do spend a lot per soldier already, someday (several decades, probably) systems like the one above will start entering service. One such heavily equipped/enhanced soldier could do the work of several, I think. Especially with the powered exoskeletons that have been toyed with for years now. If those ever reach a managable size and mobility, they could significantly change the way soldiers fight.

a time to mourn

Comment

wouldn't you need to recharge the leg batteries eventually?

Comment

not with naquadah feul cell etc....i think that in the MW they wouldnt be that usefull...only idea can really beat the priors..however for the wraith i think they would be a god send, we need some extra footpower.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

We've got that anti-prior gun...

Really looking forward to see how it works in The FourthHorseman par II

Comment

Soldiers of the future in that kind of outfit would look cool, but it probably would not happen. Not very cost effective to the government.
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                      Soldiers of the future in that kind of outfit would look cool, but it probably would not happen. Not very cost effective to the government.
                      When has the government been concerned about being cost effective?
                      sigpic

Comment

correction: why spend money on advanced uniforms if that takes away from their executive dinners and affairs of state?
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

My guess is that the single biggest expense having an army is the training of the solders. Training soldiers and then giving them sticks and rocks so they'll die by the 1000s must be more expensive than giving them expensive equipment and not having to train another 1000 soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            My guess is that the single biggest expense having an army is the training of the solders. Training soldiers and then giving them sticks and rocks so they'll die by the 1000s must be more expensive than giving them expensive equipment and not having to train another 1000 soldiers.
                            Right. Increasing a soldier's effectiveness and survivability reduces the number of soldiers needed in the first place.

a time to mourn

Comment

Oh My Gawddd
                              It's Robocop!

Comment

Working...
                              X