This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plague that ravaged the Ancients #POSSIBLE SPOILERS#

I dunno wether this has been brought up previously, but I was just wandering:

What if it was the Ori who spread the plague that almost destroyed the ancients? I haven't seen to the end of season 9, but I have heard that the Ori try to spread a plague on Earth, so what's to say that that isn't a standard tactic for them? Correct me if I'm making any mistakes along the way. We DO know that they hated the ancients and as far as I know we haven't been told who ascended first. Again correct me if I'm wrong.

As for them not knowing that there was life in the MW it is possible that they thought that they had finished off the Ancients and didn't realise that they survived and ascended until it was too late and they(the Ancients) were able to block the Ori from being aware of life in the MW. I hope I am making sense. What do you guys think?
    Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
    +
    Join the Adeptus Astartes

That would imply that the Ori ascended before the Ancients, and if that was the case then they could have destroyed them through more...direct means.
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Good point...

though we don't know how they think-as in they could be like the ascen and enjoy a more "sophisticated" approach to genocide
      Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

Well in "Sanctuary" that hot ascended chick destroyed all the wraith without much trouble. She said she was being punished for stopping a wraith fleet "with a though". If the Ori became that powerful before the ancients, well, they must have underestimated their ability to Ascend or something, because otherwise the ancients would have been wiped out.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
          That would imply that the Ori ascended before the Ancients, and if that was the case then they could have destroyed them through more...direct means.
          Not really. It could simply mean that the genetic engineering abilities of the Ori exceeded those of the Ancients.
          Remember, it took the Ancients a LONG time to get the MW from their home.
          Not much development going on along the way I'd reckon.
          IF the Ori found them later and seeded the plauge, before either side ascended, then it's possible.
          More, it makes sense, since we've seen the Priors/Ori use disease as a way to weaken societies to gain worshippers.

Comment

its possible that they got overconfident-as far as i know the virus thay release is the same as the one that ravaged the ancients-coincidence?maybe but then again maybe not...
            Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
              Not really. It could simply mean that the genetic engineering abilities of the Ori exceeded those of the Ancients.
              Remember, it took the Ancients a LONG time to get the MW from their home.
              Not much development going on along the way I'd reckon.
              IF the Ori found them later and seeded the plauge, before either side ascended, then it's possible.
              More, it makes sense, since we've seen the Priors/Ori use disease as a way to weaken societies to gain worshippers.
              Yeah sorry I keep thinking of the Ori as always having been ascended.

Comment

If the ori did ascend before the ancient, it does not mean that they had the power to use direct means to destroy the remaining ancients. My thinking is that perhaps the ancients and the ori are not the only ones to ascend to a higher plain of excistence. What if a race older than the ori or the ancient ascended first, and they are the ones who originally made up the non interfering rules and the two races have to make sure that non of their people brakes it. And in fact both the ancient and ori fear these beings and enforce rules themselves. But the ori got around the rules by sending a prior to the milky way to spread the virus.

And the producers do not even have to think up a new name for this race, they already got a perfectly good one, the Furlings.

Comment

thats a very sound theory-I like it and it involves the furlings. You get rep lol
                  Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

are u all forgetting that the nanovirus in atlantis didnt affect ppl with the ancient gene...it affected humans i think that is the ori plauge and the ancients were trying to find a cure...
                    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

My theory is that since the Ori and Alterrans were already very advanced, and apparently close to ascending, that they had powers similar to the Priors. The Priors are the ones that create and spread the plague. So perhaps the Ori were at a level high enough to create, then spread the Ancient Plague?

What do all of you think?

Comment

good idea-it's the way i had imagined it as well.
                        Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                          are u all forgetting that the nanovirus in atlantis didnt affect ppl with the ancient gene...it affected humans i think that is the ori plauge and the ancients were trying to find a cure...
                          Remember 'Frozen'? The Plauge was killing the Ancients. Now, if the plauge DIDN'T affect anyone with the Ancient Gene, then it wouldn't kill the Ancients, would it?

Comment

sigh that is because the ancient plauge and the plaugh the ori created are different things duh!!!

and the girl from frozen was carrying the dissese not being affected by it she gave it to the humans...

the only reason she died was because she healed everyone else so much that she lost all her strength...

ahh if only all ancients were so helpfull...
                            Last edited by Major Tyler; 10 December 2005, 09:41 PM. Reason: merge
                            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                              sigh that is because the ancient plauge and the plaugh the ori created are different things duh!!!
                              REally? You give no evidence as to why the Ori would want to kill humans.
                              Further, there is no proof that the Ori even know the location of the Pegasus Galaxy and Atlantis, let alone that there are humans there.

Further,the Ancients were teh enemy the Ori wanted to kill, NOT humans, who were quite primitive back then.
                              Why would the Ori create a plauge that specifically spared their enemies?

As to Frozen, the reason she died was not because she used all her energy healing humans, it was cuase she could no longer heal herself after healing everyone else and the plauge killed her.

Comment

Working...
                              X