This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death to the Ascended

So, in a number of threads discussing the Ancients, Ori et al, people have stated that the Ascended can not be killed. Their argument is that Ascended beings are pure energy and energy can not be destroyed, but I was wondering: I don't recall it ever being stated - either as fact or as assumption - that the Ascended are indestructible.

Can anybody point me towards such a reference?
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Well the Ancients couldn't destroy or "descend" Anubis. Looking at it from a pure physical point of vue, even if life could exist as pure energy, if that energy loses cohesion, then it would be nothing special anymore. Somehow the ascended beings avoid entropy all together, if that can be countered, then they'd just radiate off into space. Only TPTB can decide for certain.
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

well nobody knows for certain unless you ascend because we all know

knowledge is power and infinite knowledge is gained by ascension

hallowed are the ancients for the ori know nothing

and to qoute tealc
      indeed

Comment

According to recent spoilers for the Forth Horseman
        Spoiler:
        the Ori plan to destroy the ascended anceitns
        that indicates to me that ascended beings can be killed.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Spoiler:
          Apparently the worshipping masses make the Ori more powerful than the Ancients, so they may be a real danger to the Ancients. Time will tell.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Prototype
            Spoiler:
            Supposedly Khalek was the first of an army whose purpose was to ascend and destroy the ancients
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

It doesn't really matter if the Ascended Ancients are all powerful, they don't do anything anyway. If they all get killed, Stargate will be exactly the same.

Comment

Untrue, the Ancients are the only thing the Ori have to worry about. If they were to be destroyed, the Ori would have free reign, they could just destroy entire planets of people, if they didn't agree with their theology. The Ancients, ascended beings, others, are very necessary!

Comment

Indeed! Go Ancients! Kick butt!!!
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    If we have an Ori gun that can kill the Ori, would that not also be a weapon capable of killing an Ancient?
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      Untrue, the Ancients are the only thing the Ori have to worry about. If they were to be destroyed, the Ori would have free reign, they could just destroy entire planets of people, if they didn't agree with their theology. The Ancients, ascended beings, others, are very necessary!
                      While this is true, the Ori almost have free reign now. They can't work personally in destroying planets, but they can easily send a Prior over to take care of the situation. The Ancients won't stop the Priors because these events are all occurring on our plane of existence.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Yeah, its quite unfair. Due to their ascended knowledge, they can make make the priors as advanced as un-ascended tech. will allow. So even though they aren't doing anything per se, they are making the priors more powerful than anyone else.

Comment

Just think....Ascended beings can kill other Ascended beings

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
                            Just think....Ascended beings can kill other Ascended beings
                            I don't understand then, why they can't get rid of Anubis. Surely its worth doing him in. He's like the most evil entity ever. The Goauld were creeped out by him. I mean come on. Punishing Oma is one thing, thats ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                              I don't understand then, why they can't get rid of Anubis. Surely its worth doing him in. He's like the most evil entity ever. The Goauld were creeped out by him. I mean come on. Punishing Oma is one thing, thats ridiculous.
                              They probably could, but doesn't it take the collective might of the ancients - Oma can only keep Anubis busy if she's fighting him one and one, and he was still only being evil on our plane of existance, so it was none of the other ancients business (in their opinion anyway).

I could have missed something fundamental in this though.
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                              X