X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Sci-Fi Romances

An idea sparked once again by Scifibrain

They have a poll about the best scifi romances. So far Han Solo/Princess Leia (Star Wars) are in the lead with Aeryn & Chrichton (Farscape) in second, but I'm going to admit something that may be shocking to some people.. I've never seen Star Wars so I have no opinion on Han Solo and Leia. That doesn't stop me from putting together my own list though.

Max & Liz (Roswell) I liked the show despite its truly unspectatcular last season. The best thing about that show was the teen angstyness of Max & Liz's relationship which had a cotton candy, Romeo and Juliet, epic soul mate factor, so sweet it could almost make me gag.... but didn't.

Buffy & Angel (Buffy TVS) - Not quite scifi but deserving a mention. There's just something heart pulling about an ill fated romance between a teenager and a way too much older man that just makes you tear up when they play the special 'this is a sad romantic moment' music.

Aeryn & Chrichton
    - There was the initial attraction and then a romance that made perfect sense when you considered all they'd been through. It takes true love to make you envious of the relationship between two fugitives on the run from evil people who want to suck their brains dry and kill them.

Sydney & Vaugn - They were the heart of Alias without the usual melodrama that often goes with such romances. There was some soapyness with her untimely return from the dead and his ill fated marriage but the love was there without excessive PDA

Tom & Belanna
    - of all the Star Trek romances this was the only one that worked for me.

I would say Worf and Dax but their love only impressed me when she died.

Clarke & Lana almost made my list but the constant on agin off again has always bothered me and I'm sure their relationship is doomed.
    Last edited by MarshAngel; 01 March 2006, 05:33 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

In no particular order...

Han/Leia (Star Wars trilogy)

Michael/Lisa (Now & Again- OMG, total angsty sizzle)

Bud/Lindsey (Abyss)

Can't think up more, work is too busy

Comment

John Crichton/Aeryn Sun. There are other romances I like, but that one is the only one I'd consider 'great'.

Comment

Never seen Star Wars!!!!!! Go watch it now!!!!

Solo/Leia

soon to be Sam/Jack (we can hope)
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

What about Worf and Dax? Now there was a good scifi romance. One worthy of Sto'Vo'Kor.
          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Never seen Star Wars!!!!!! Go watch it now!!!!

Solo/Leia

soon to be Sam/Jack (we can hope)
            To be honest it's not for want of trying. It's like me and the Wizard of Oz... just can't get into it. I did watch Phantom Menace but I was underwhelmed and uninclined to continue with the rest.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Max & Isabel (Roswell) I liked the show despite its truly unspectatcular last season. The best thing about that show was the teen angstyness of Max & Isabel's relationship which had a cotton candy, Romeo and Juliet, epic soul mate factor, so sweet it could almost make me gag.... but didn't.
              Wasn't it Max and Liz?

Anyway I would vote for aeryn and crichton
              sigpic

Comment

Yes it was. but for the entire day I've been calling her Isabel. If it were Max and Isabel it would have been a very very different show.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  To be honest it's not for want of trying. It's like me and the Wizard of Oz... just can't get into it. I did watch Phantom Menace but I was underwhelmed and uninclined to continue with the rest.
                  Ye gods, my advice is don't even bother watching the "newer" trilogy. Phantom Menace would scare away almost anyone new to Star Wars - it was hands-down the worst movie of the six. Start out with New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, they're superior in every way!

(I'm partial to the Hans/Leia relationship myself. )

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    Ye gods, my advice is don't even bother watching the "newer" trilogy. Phantom Menace would scare away almost anyone new to Star Wars - it was hands-down the worst movie of the six. Start out with New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, they're superior in every way!

(I'm partial to the Hans/Leia relationship myself. )
                    Absolutley DO NOT compare Han\Leia to the travestly (and I mean acting and script wise) of Anniken\Amadala (ew and yuk).

Ok, maybe I am the only one in the history of sci fi. But I really liked the understated romance of John Sheridan\Delenn from Babylon5. No real angst just 2 people that decided they really cared about each other.

From what little I've seen I kinda like the Zoe\Walsh from Firefly also, but Im not a big firefly fan so maybe I missed something that makes that forgettable.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

There are some tough choices.

Han/Leia

Worf/Jadzia

Jack/Sam (I'm determined to think positive.)

I could list more, but I'd move too much into the fantasy genre. Many of the best romances are technically fantasy.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Han and Leia
                        John and Aeryn
                        Buffy and Angel
                        Oz and Willow
                        Xander and Anya
                        Syd and Vaughn
                        Worf and Jadzia
                        Riker and Troi
                        Max and Liz
                        Mulder and Scully
                        Baltar and Six
                        Lee Adama and Kara Thrace
                        Ron and Hermione (Does Harry Potter count as sci-fi?)
                        Last edited by Jonas; 17 November 2005, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Not watched Star Wars

Mine:

Han/Leia
                          Buffy/Spike (Sooo good)
                          Willow/Tara

Thankyou Shadow for reminding me of Bud/Lindsey

*Edit* Blade Runner Deckard/Rachael...

Comment

John/Aeryn
                            Han/Leia
                            Mulder/Scully
                            Lee/Kara
                            Zoe/Wash
                            Simon/Kaylee
                            Riker/Troi
                            Worf/Dax
                            Ezri/Bashier

damn this list could go on and on
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with Simon and Kaylee on this one. I've always had a soft spot for this particular romance, mainly 'cause its hilarious ("Why don't you tell the cow it has beautiful eyes?").

Comment

Working...
                              X