X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braga Is Hopeful 'Threshold' Will Continue

http://www.trektoday.com/news/161105_03.shtml

Brannon Braga said that "indications are good" for his new series Threshold to be picked up for a full season, though other analysts note that it is still on the fence and a "Save Threshold" fan campaign has already been launched.

Braga, who co-created both Star Trek: Enterprise for UPN and Threshold for CBS, told Sci Fi Wire that he "would imagine that they'd expect bigger numbers than what we've been getting" in the show's Friday night time slot. At the same time, he pointed out, "our numbers have been decent, and our demographic has been decent. And we haven't dropped. In fact, we've built slightly week to week."

The series returns with new episodes on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. starting November 22nd.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

...and a "Save Threshold" fan campaign has already been launched.
    Ok, that's it then, it's doomed. *sigh*

Comment

Well usually one of the first hints of impending doom is when they move a show to a new timeslot in its premier season. If they wanted true success they should have chosen a better night than Friday in the first place rather than changing their minds later on.

It's entirely possible the show could succeed but given the impatience of network execs these days cancellation is more likely than renewal.
      Last edited by MarshAngel; 17 November 2005, 04:40 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

At first I liked it but it isnt that good now I doubt it will be renewed
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I keep feeling that I have been distracted during the episodes and I haven't given it a full opportunity to impress me. So I keep wanting to see new episodes to see if it's the show that's boring or if its me thats just distracted and not giving it my full attention. But everytime a new episode comes on, the same thing happens. It just doesn't grab my full attention.

It has a similar flaw to the other scifi dramas this season. They seem to be trying the "Lost" thing where they're moving the plot very slowly to try to drag out the mystery but it doesn't work since none of them are character-centric and all that happens is we're left wondering what's going on, what's the show about and will you get to the point already.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

and why cant they stop with the deformed faces everywhere!!!
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              and why cant they stop with the deformed faces everywhere!!!
              Well we all know that its a scientific fact that whenever you get "changed" bones start growing out of your face in all directions.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                Well we all know that its a scientific fact that whenever you get "changed" bones start growing out of your face in all directions.
                it's true.

happened to me once, but i got better.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Maybe it should have tried to get on SciFi Channel. It probably wouldn't be in so much trouble.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

E! Online is reporting that Threashold has been canceled.

LInk to E! Online here

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                      E! Online is reporting that Threashold has been canceled.

LInk to E! Online here
                      If that's true, damn. It was getting more interesting.

Comment

Threshold is going down? BRING BACK FIREFLY!
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

I have to admit I haven't been encouraged to watch this one. But I did note that SKY ONE was a little misleading in its promos for it. It gave the impression this was more one of those one-off mini series about a deadly plague than a show about a elite unit dealing with the strange and the mysterious each week. None of their ads - that I saw - really gave the right atmosphere or even remotely caught what this show is about.

I think they probably lost a few viewers and if their advertising had been a little more on the ball they might have picked up many more.

It hasn't exactly made a splash here, that I'm aware of.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Well the 2 hour pilote was excellent

I 'm sad about the cancellation . I really liked the team . The nightmares that Molly and cavennaugh had after seeing "the thing " were great ..I like those nightmares scenes and I just hope they can put the show back in the original timeslot !!! It's bit weird to just give up just like that and not try a bit more .

If I remember well the 1st season of x-files was not that great in rating but giving the show another season made the x-files what it became ..extremely popular .I think they just give up to easily now ..they should give each good show the chance to go for a season 2 at least .

And where is that campaign so that I can vote !!!
                            Caty

Comment

Working...
                            X