Futurama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futurama

This show is a gem that was cancelled way before it's time. I like to think that Fry and Leela got together after the last episode.

I have to agree Futurama was a great show cancelled way too early. Apparently FOX is making a direct-to-dvd Futurama movie, so the series isn't dead yet. If the dvd sells well I'm hoping they'll bring back the series like they did with family guy.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Yeah, which is cool. However I wish it was going to the big screen.

Comment

A Futurama movie! In the words of the great Fry upon realizing all his friends and family were now dead and he was in the future:

Yahoo!
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
        Originally posted by Jonzey
        Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

In honour of Futurama, and the direct-to-DVD movie being made, post your favorite Futurama lines/gags!

Fry - "Jamaican?! I thought you were some kind of outer-space potato man!"
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

Why was it cancelled? Was it poor viewing figures, or did someone at FOX not like it?
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
              Why was it cancelled? Was it poor viewing figures, or did someone at FOX not like it?
              It was placed in a time slot that always had a 'baseball' or 'football' game over-running it. I didn't even get to see a lot of it until it went to Adult Swim.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men.

Comment

Zapp: "If we can hit the bullseye, the dominoes will fall like a house of cards..... Checkmate!!"

....That was my sig for like 4 months!!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                  In honour of Futurama, and the direct-to-DVD movie being made, post your favorite Futurama lines/gags!
                  Captain Zapp Brannigan: It was almost the perfect crime, but you forgot the one thing: rock crushes scissors.
                  [Suddenly thoughtful]
                  Captain Zapp Brannigan: But paper covers rock. And scissors cuts paper. Kif, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper. And bring me a rock.

Comment

Futurama is one of the best animated shows next to the Simpsons IMO.
                    Got cancelled before it had a chance. I would like to see more of it.
                    I already have it on DVD at home.
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

On the DVD commentaries, Matt Groening hinted that part of the troubles came from him refusing to give up his rights to the show like he was bullied to do with the Simpsons. The DVD sets are totally worth it, because the commentaries are are nearly as funny as the show itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                        On the DVD commentaries, Matt Groening hinted that part of the troubles came from him refusing to give up his rights to the show like he was bullied to do with the Simpsons. The DVD sets are totally worth it, because the commentaries are are nearly as funny as the show itself.
                        My sister has them all and won't lend them to me...

Comment

Good news to Australian fans of Futurama, channel 10 has picked up the rights. Why is this good news? I hear you ask... Simply, channel 10 will actually show it.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                            Good news to Australian fans of Futurama, channel 10 has picked up the rights. Why is this good news? I hear you ask... Simply, channel 10 will actually show it.
                            You forget, Channel 10 is... how would I put this... 'retarded'. If they show Futurama, it'll undoubtedly be at a timeslot around Midnight or so, or perhaps in the middle of the day. When Futurama was previously shown on free-to-air down here, it was shown with no advertising at 11:30pm every tuesday to thursday. Australian TV has a bad habit of shifting all the good shows to timeslots when nobody'll watch 'em, and in their place showing the bane of all intelligent viewers; Reality Television...
                            Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                            Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                            Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                            - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                              You forget, Channel 10 is... how would I put this... 'retarded'. If they show Futurama, it'll undoubtedly be at a timeslot around Midnight or so, or perhaps in the middle of the day. When Futurama was previously shown on free-to-air down here, it was shown with no advertising at 11:30pm every tuesday to thursday. Australian TV has a bad habit of shifting all the good shows to timeslots when nobody'll watch 'em, and in their place showing the bane of all intelligent viewers; Reality Television...
                              You're thinking Channel 7. Channel 10 is actually giving Futurama, as well as Veronica Mars and Smallville, good runs over the summer.

And what the hell kind of prejudice does Fox have against good TV shows? Was the guy in charge abandonded by his father who was too busy watching quality television?

Comment

Working...
                              X