PDA

View Full Version : New enemy for season 10

lilslim142000
November 15th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Maybe the Powers That Be will create a new secondary enemy for season 10.
I think they should explore H.P. Lovecraft tales.

kirmit
November 15th, 2005, 04:37 AM
I think introducing another new enemy wuld be the dumbest idea eva, they've spent basically a whole season introducing the Orii, now that they are established they can go right into the action.

Johnquixote
November 15th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Spoiler Highlight below
The other enemy will be the Lucian Alliance. Several Jaffa may go Ori. I would like the Lucian Alliance to stay clear of Origin though. I think the Lucian Alliance is going to be pretty cool.

skritsys
November 15th, 2005, 09:34 AM
hmm, season 10, new enemy? *yawns*

The Engineer
November 15th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Interesting idea.
After the defeat of the Goa'ulds the SGC has no natural enemies, except the Ori. So in a way the show is unidimensional in matters of enemies now.
Unidimensionality of any show is not to good. It works only for 1 or 2 seasons. So if they had signals for more than Season 10 from Sci Fi Channel's part they should develop the 2nd rank enemy arc. But knowing that S10 might be it, they should develop them but not too much, enough for us to know that there is another enemy to the SGC.
BTW I hope they will pass the 10 Season barrier!! with or without the 2nd rank enemy.:p

Elite Anubis Guard
November 15th, 2005, 01:05 PM
No, SG1 has just been revented and should stay that way for a while. The Ori are interesting and nowhere near being defeated, so we have no real need for a new enemy. I agree with John on the other points.

Dave C
November 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM
i think a small scale enemy would be good(like the genii to Atlantis) if the lucian alliance can do that then great if they can't then bring in someone new

The Signal
November 15th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Too much change at the moment may spoil the show, after the change with Ori, a new story may be crippling to the show, specially as they may struggle to wrap up any stories anyway, and making new stories will just add to that.

ckwongau
November 15th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Well, what about Old enemy

The Trust(the Goa'ulded one), i think their real leader is the Goa'ulded "Kinsey".

The Chinese and Russian ,maybe the French ,join together .The Worse enemy is the one within.

The Return of Aschen

Or Maybe the Tollan Survivor , they blame Earth for their homeworld's destruction

The unemploy Tok'ra

Or maybe some Wraith crossover, Earth need some reson to continu to support the Atlantis team, maybe if some Wraith sleeper ship wonder into the Milkyway

AzMcNeil
November 15th, 2005, 05:03 PM

I think the HP Lovecraft storylines would be interesting, but after finding out early on the the Goa'uld came to Earth 10,000's of thousands of years ago (speculative) they were occupying the Unas at the time. HP Lovecraft has all been done already. We just haven't seen a past timeline episode to show it yet :D

Giantevilhead
November 15th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Aschen becoming lap dogs of the Ori but operating somewhat independently of their masters.

The Engineer
November 15th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I think the HP Lovecraft storylines would be interesting, but after finding out early on the the Goa'uld came to Earth 10,000's of thousands of years ago (speculative) they were occupying the Unas at the time. HP Lovecraft has all been done already. We just haven't seen a past timeline episode to show it yet :D
As a 2hour special - the 200th episode - in a way that envolves SG-1 as obsevers or something like that. Maybe only for historic porposes only. To learn from past's mistakes.

the fifth man
November 15th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I'd definitely vote for a return of the Aschen. I would just really like to see us have to come to blows with them.

The Engineer
November 16th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I'd definitely vote for a return of the Aschen. I would just really like to see us have to come to blows with them.
I would too. The only thing that disapointed me was that they were very good in matters of biological warfare, and beside their crop harverter I saw no ship to have a measure of their power in matters of fleet. But if they bring them back I hope I see some Aschen Armada.:D

Crichton
November 16th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I think following up the Aschen would be borrrriiinngg.
I hope people don't ask for this in mass numbers since the writers seem to be very susceptible to fan opinion. JMHO-:)

MasySyma
November 16th, 2005, 05:06 AM

I agree. The Aschen have to hate us, so we should have to run into them again soon or later. The conflict needs resolution. :D

Maybe the SGC and the Aschen become temporary allies to defeat the Ori (especially since the Tok'ra don't seem to do much lately).

Giantevilhead
November 16th, 2005, 08:14 AM
The Aschen would make the perfect ally for the Ori. Unlike the Jaffa and the majority of humans in the Milky Way, the Aschen are highly advanced and highly organized, so they will be able to make quick use of any knowledge the Ori provide them with. They could help the Ori spread Origins, they could probably build a fleet for the Ori in the Milky Way.

creed462
November 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM
The Lucian Allience seem the best way to go

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2005, 11:58 PM
Whatever secondary enemy Earth and the SGC have to deal with next season, none will come even close to the Ori. I can't wait to see just how bad this conflict will get. As for the Lucian Alliance, very promising.

GateMan2000
November 24th, 2005, 06:49 AM

I am 85% sure that the new enemy is going to be the Lucian Allienece.

Jarnin
November 24th, 2005, 07:17 AM
The Aschen would make the perfect ally for the Ori. Unlike the Jaffa and the majority of humans in the Milky Way, the Aschen are highly advanced and highly organized, so they will be able to make quick use of any knowledge the Ori provide them with. They could help the Ori spread Origins, they could probably build a fleet for the Ori in the Milky Way.
Um, the Aschen would never willingly join the Ori. They're too logical for that. Notice how they never really got excited or emotional about anything? That's because they're die-hard logic freaks who consider genocide a logical means for population control. They lack compassion, which is a virtue according to the Ori.

The Lucian Alliance isn't a new enemy, are they?

Whatever secondary enemy Earth and the SGC have to deal with next season, none will come even close to the Ori. I can't wait to see just how bad this conflict will get. As for the Lucian Alliance, very promising.
We haven't even seen a fight between the Ori followers and our heroes yet; they might turn out to be like the Wraith; over-hyped.

The Ori right now seem all big and bad because we have no evidence to the contrary, and the writers are trying to make us believe they're are the big bad. Until we see a fight against them, I'd say they're just over-hyping the bad guy again.

The Lucian Alliance is just another evolution of the N.I.D.; they're the shadowy criminal element that was established in season 1, and has since been transformed from the N.I.D to the rogue N.I.D, from the rogue N.I.D. to the Trust, and from the Trust to the Lucian Alliance.

I can't wait to hear about this new enemy, but I hope it's not just another formulaic badguy.

The Engineer
November 24th, 2005, 07:29 AM
The Lucian Alliance is just another evolution of the N.I.D.; they're the shadowy criminal element that was established in season 1, and has since been transformed from the N.I.D to the rogue N.I.D, from the rogue N.I.D. to the Trust, and from the Trust to the Lucian Alliance.
That's a good observation.;)

doombringer333
November 24th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I agree. Maybe near the Ancient base in Antarctica there's an underground city overrun by Shoggoth-like aliens, just like "At the Mountains of Madness." The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.

The Engineer
November 24th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.
Maybe TPTB don't have to show that alien to us. Maybe a survivor gives a description to a sketch artist and we can see that. And later if the budget is right....
just an idea.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
No matter what happens, I'm sure our beloved team will have no shortage of enemies seeking our total destruction. Just another day at the office for SG-1.

Jarnin
November 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I agree. Maybe near the Ancient base in Antarctica there's an underground city overrun by Shoggoth-like aliens, just like "At the Mountains of Madness." The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.
Real aliens in Stargate? That's an novel concept.

StargateResource.com
November 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I think introducing another new enemy wuld be the dumbest idea eva, they've spent basically a whole season introducing the Orii, now that they are established they can go right into the action.
Agreed, you cant add an enemy as big as the ori and then suddenly just add a new enemy and fight them instead. And we cant hope to defeat the ori in 10 episodes, they are way to massive, this will be a several season thing, at least as long as the goa'uld battle, if the show goes on for that long.

majorsal
November 24th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I am 85% sure that the new enemy is going to be the Lucian Allienece.

refresh my memory on who the lucian alliance are again?

sally :)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
November 24th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I'm relatively sure that they're probably going to make Ba'al, the Lucian Alliance, and the Aschen the B-runner enemies. Ba'al is already in, what, 4 episodes this season? More next time. 'Cause there are more Ba'als... And the Lucian Alliance is also in an episode or two this season, perhaps more next season. The Aschen - well, the powers that be have been meaning to bring them back for quite some time. May as well wrap up the Aschen arc in Season 10.

doombringer333
November 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Maybe TPTB don't have to show that alien to us. Maybe a survivor gives a description to a sketch artist and we can see that. And later if the budget is right....
just an idea.
That's true. Another way TPTB could save money is by having Shoggoth eat up the innards of people then wearing their flesh and walking around. Disgusting, but cheap! ;)

Wildrat
November 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
The Ori as the bigger enemy and Baal and the Lucien alliance as minor enemies should be enough for this and next season. However I would like to see more of the Asgard... Haven't had quite enough of them yet...

The Engineer
November 25th, 2005, 11:07 AM
That's true. Another way TPTB could save money is by having Shoggoth eat up the innards of people then wearing their flesh and walking around. Disgusting, but cheap! ;)
ROFLMAO!

l33tn00b
November 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM
the lucien alliance sounds like a bad idea for me, just for the sake of a new vilain? the tollan survivor idea sounds great. they build a new stargate with the help of the ori who come and kill the nox(another useless plot end tied up) and using the phasse technology, the ori attack earth through the iris.

doombringer333
November 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hey, what if the Lucien Alliance *is* the new enemy ... but they're backed by the Aschen! :)

Ashman
November 29th, 2005, 12:43 PM
What happend to the Tollan ?????? I must of missed that one.

The Engineer
November 30th, 2005, 01:00 AM
What happend to the Tollan ?????? I must of missed that one.
KIA/MIA - Anubis is the cause.

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
I wonder who our new villain "connected to the Ori storyline" will actually be in season 10? Come on Joe, throw us a bone.:)

psumetguy2008
December 2nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Since it is connected to the Ori storyline, it's probably something similar to the 4 allied races (Alterans, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard), only this one is allied with the Ori.

Should be interesting

(Countdown until someone says it is the Furlings....10...9...8...)

majorsal
December 2nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Hey, what if the Lucien Alliance *is* the new enemy ... but they're backed by the Aschen! :)

i think the new enemy is vala. and/or daniel. i think something screwy goes on with one or both of them to make one of them the enemy.

sally :)

Shep'sSocks
December 3rd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Aren't they already an enemy of sorts?

Shep'sSocks
December 3rd, 2005, 01:52 AM

Weren't the Aschen being sucked into a black hole?

captainpash
December 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
I think that we should have a new enemy kinda like the replicators where we only fought them every once and a while when the goa'uld got boring or over used. Though I have an opion of spoliers
I think that if SG-1 and the rest of earth was capable of convincing enough people in the ori glaxy not to worship the ori then maybe the ori would lose power, and them the proirs would be power less.

Piernik
December 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Weren't the Aschen being sucked into a black hole?

no. they just lost one planet.

Shep'sSocks
December 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM
But one of the addresses they gave them was of the black hole planet.

NakedJehutyV2
December 3rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
Furlings!!!!!!

TheObiJuan
December 3rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
no one saw that coming.

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Sorry, but very doubtful. Apparently this enemy will be tied to the Ori storyline.

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
But one of the addresses they gave them was of the black hole planet.

True, but you can't assume they were stupid enough to have their entire race on one planet. Not at their level of development. They probably had quite a few planets under their control, like Earth would have been. So they could be brought back.

The Engineer
December 3rd, 2005, 11:01 PM
no. they just lost one planet.
No. They didn't lose anything.
In Exodus SG-1 used the blackhole gate address to make a sun go nova. Once the link was established it could never be broken so by the time the Aschen received the list o gate addresses (with the gate address too) the link was still on and still is. That gate is unusable.
I fact I stongly believe that the Aschen did not even bother to use the gate addresses because we lt them know we were on to them. Besides they are a patient race. They were willing to wipe us out in a 100 years or more just in order not to screw their plan. If the it were the other way around, we would have already tried to establish the link with the blackhole address and have dead a long time ago.
They are not a fast-food race like us. So, no, don't count the Aschen out. They are still there live and kicking with no planet lost at all. They are only isolated.

Whatazarian
December 3rd, 2005, 11:29 PM
We will probably never get to see the Furlings, which is actually quite cool because it keeps them so mysterious.

Shep'sSocks
December 4th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, of course, forgot that it was still on.

immhotep
December 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM
we will never see the furlings, i wish JM had never invented them! they are like god, annoying to the point of disbelief.

Eoin
December 4th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I wonder will the new enemy be humans or aliens (e.g looks nothing like a human)

the fifth man
December 4th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I wonder will the new enemy be humans or aliens (e.g looks nothing like a human)

Good question. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see. Or at least until some spoilers come out on them.:D

the fifth man
December 4th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I just think using the Aschen again would be a wise move by tptb. They had potential to be a hell of an awesome enemy.

Whatazarian
December 4th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I just hope the new enemy isn't an old idea rehashed i.e a parisitic race.. space vampire, techno bug..

Ascended Times.2
December 5th, 2005, 01:41 AM
-shudders- That would be horrible! ...JK, or I sure hope it's not some reptillion race...With tenticles...and a third eye! :gasp:

Eoin
December 5th, 2005, 03:49 PM
-shudders- That would be horrible! ...JK, or I sure hope it's not some reptillion race...With tenticles...and a third eye! :gasp:
All i can picture is a humanoid body with a big huge mouse head :P

the fifth man
December 5th, 2005, 08:38 PM
All i can picture is a humanoid body with a big huge mouse head :P

Hey, they could become one of Earth's greatest threats. "We demand all of your cheese; hallowed are the Ori!":D

immhotep
December 6th, 2005, 04:45 AM
i think they are human, my opinion has always been a humanoid appearence.

Wraith_Hunter
December 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Furlings!!!!!!

Didn't you already open up a Furlings thread a couple of days ago. Why all these pointless threads!

Still mulling over whether to Red you for all this!

Giantevilhead
December 7th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I hope it's the Aschen even though they're not a new villain. They would make the perfect disciples for the Ori. They're smart, organized, and they have advanced technology so they can put whatever knowledge the Ori gives them to use right away. They could build a fleet for the Ori in the Milky Way.

If it's a completely new villain then I hope they're somehow related to the Asgard. It could be a faction of the Asgard who are willing to do the bidding of the Ori in exchange for the cure to their cloning problem. It could be the Jotun, enemies of the gods in Norse mythology. Since mythology in the Stargate universe has basis in truth, it’s possible that the Jotun were a real race that was defeated by the Asgard long ago and perhaps banished from the Asgard galaxy.

NakedJehutyV2
December 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM
evil tollan survivors!!!!

wraith die!

Mister Oragahn
December 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
The Haaken?

RA the sun god
December 7th, 2005, 03:05 PM
the furlings???unlikely to the point of stupidity!!!the furlings werent a warlike race before their self imposed after which they became even more pasafistic withdrawing from the world and regressing thecnologicaly how would they(a race that by now if they are evan alive are so un-advanced the best weapons they will have if any will be bows and swords)they be a threat???imagine:
carter: oh no here come the furlings!!! heavily armed with daggers and poisened darts whatever shal we do???!!!
tealc: do not panic major...a few quick staff blasts...the threat is gone...
carter: phew its ok daniel its safe u can let go of my leg now...:D

Butterfly-Dreamer
December 9th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I'm hoping that the new enemy could be Shifu/Harsesis. He could be cool as an Ori.
He ascended, and all the evil Goa'uld stuff in his head finaly got to him since Oma isn't around to protect him anymore.
He's an evil ascended child, with all the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.
Pretty scary if you ask me!

Juice
December 10th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I think they wasted Anubis' son he would have been a great villain.

He could have ascended but this time to the ori side of the next plane, and the return of a gouald would make the jaffa nation rip apart again.

The Engineer
December 10th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I wonder if this new enemy is an individual (male/female), a group of individual or an entire race. And what does the words "Ori related" mean in the eyes of TPTB?

Giantevilhead
December 10th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm hoping that the new enemy could be Shifu/Harsesis. He could be cool as an Ori.
He ascended, and all the evil Goa'uld stuff in his head finaly got to him since Oma isn't around to protect him anymore.
He's an evil ascended child, with all the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.
Pretty scary if you ask me!
Sounds like a way to bring back Apophis. Being ascended, Shifu's Goa'uld memories could actually manifest into individual beings.

RA the sun god
December 10th, 2005, 10:55 PM
oh thank god we are getting away from the furlings!!!!!

Aither
December 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Or maybe a new Doci leading the Priors and the warships in the Milky Way.

P3X-925
December 12th, 2005, 02:16 PM
What about that mysterious alien ship that attacked the prommy when Carter was studying the gas cloud or something in 'Grace'

Granted I we didn't have the Asguards shielding tech or their engines, but they seemed to do a quick number on the prommy in that ep.

Giantevilhead
December 12th, 2005, 02:20 PM
The teleporter used by the ship in Grace had a very similar effect to Asgard beams.

Piernik
December 15th, 2005, 11:11 AM
My types for the new enemy:

- Bloodthirsty Nox Rebels (they are tired of pacifism)
- Zombie Tollans (one of anubius experminets)
- Apophis Clone (he was the best)
- Unas Fanatics (they started to worship Replicators)
- Horny Ascheen (they are now rulled by Hathor)

nodrog
December 16th, 2005, 12:38 AM
My types for the new enemy:

- Horny Ascheen (they are now rulled by Hathor)

That would be the best! :p

GateMan2000
December 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a way to bring back Apophis. Being ascended, Shifu's Goa'uld memories could actually manifest into individual beings.

I think that it would go right in hand of what Anbuis was trying to do. I think an evil Shifu would be awesome.

LORD MONK
December 17th, 2005, 05:33 PM
If their human it should be the Aschen.

I want the new enemy be an enemy that doesn't comunicate, negotiate, hail or anything. Just attack. Like the Cylons.
But when they finally set down and talk to one of us they find out that they were lied to and join us. Are beliefs are the same The only reason why they started the war between us is because the Ori said we were evil. Then it turns out that are new enemy are a race that worship the giants in Crystal Skull. Then we contact the Giants and inform them of the Ori in which they have heard of and show up and stomps them.

Then Vala kisses me on the cheek and Carter gets jeoulus and they cat fight over me for about an hour while I watch.

Of course Carter wins and we live happely ever after.

the fifth man
December 18th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Then Vala kisses me on the cheek and Carter gets jeoulus and they cat fight over me for about an hour while I watch.

Of course Carter wins and we live happely ever after.

I like your plan.:) Send Vala my way, will ya?

andrelage
December 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
i think that the new enemies could be a whole army of those anubis clones or even we start to see the Lucian Alliance attacking the sgc some more

LORD MONK
December 21st, 2005, 10:11 PM
I like your plan.:) Send Vala my way, will ya?
No problem. If you leave the door open to long she wonders off. (just a little heads up.)

FallenAngelII
December 22nd, 2005, 04:49 PM
"The furlings!". That made me laugh and giggle for quite some while.

Imagine the furlings as they look in Jack's mind. Cute little furry thingies... with machine guns!

NakedJehutyV2
December 22nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
like conker

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 15th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Thought I should make a thread for the discussion about Joes response that a new enemy will appear for the SG-1 crew. So who do you think it is? Someone new or someone old like perhaps the foothold aliens? And two races for sg-1 to tackle.......i think now they miss the days of fighting goa'uld :p

BigGator5
January 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM
From what I read and heard, it's a enemy we have run into twice in the last two seasons but they have never enough time to go into them.

Give you a hint: They are connected to Vala.

Blitz
January 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
If you mean the Lucian Alliance, I doubt it as the new enemy are apparently connected to the Ori (or was it the SGA enemy connected to the Wraith?)

If it is connected to the Ori I think foot soldiers or a race in our galaxy thats allied with them and are providing the Ori with a way in, like cardasians and dominion in DS9 (hopefully not but Ashen?)

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 15th, 2006, 06:45 PM
The Lucian Alliance are interesting but they dont strike me as guys who would be a huge threat to the SGC but rather something like the Trust. Could be wrong though.

NakedJehutyV2
January 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM
The Lucian Alliance are interesting but they dont strike me as guys who would be a huge threat to the SGC but rather something like the Trust. Could be wrong though.

yet

there's gonna be a worse enemy. maybe same as the SG1 Alliance game?

the fifth man
January 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM

Yeah, it's still too early to tell with them. We still haven't had a real encounter yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how tptb develop them. They may become a bigger threat to us than they currently appear to be.

walter_MacChevron
January 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM
maybe my brain is not working right now....but why are they introducing ANOTHER new enemy? It took a good deal of season 9 to introduce the Ori, and although they are a cool enemy, why cant we just stick with them so we dont have to take up a portion of season 10 by introducing new villians and instead develop the Ori???

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Possibly because the Ori are on a level of the replicators in destructive potential so they might need a more toned down villain that the team can face. The Lucian Alliance does kind of provide that and still be somewhat unique plus they wouldnt have to make anything new, just reuse goa'uld ships and stuff. Personally if there is a new villain i hope its...well kind of new.

And while that would make sense, I dont think TPTB will use the Haaken from alliance sadly.

shockwave
January 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
these new villains are probably just one-off bad guys, or maybe appear in two eps :prioranime01:

TheCaptain
January 16th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Well, unlike the 'new enemy' in S3 Atlantis, I think we have little if anything for the time being to go on, so the speculation could be pretty broad about this new foe for our intrepid team.

I seriously doubt the Haaken would be this new threat because, basically as far as I've understood the development of that project, its a one-off foe the developers have created for the game itself. And because Anubis is a pivotal part of all that jazz...

I don't really know what to expect, but hope that it is something that can work well with the other storylines that will be goin on all through the rest of this season to come. Remember, we have a few stand-alone eps to look forward to (I hope to the same calibre of Collateral Damage), as well as the Ori, AND the Lucian Alliance, AND...

Well, you get the drift. I hope these guys are really cool, but for the time being at least, my 'new enemy' desire when it comes to SG-1 has been pretty well sated with the Ori... Hallowed are the Ori, indeed! :tealc: :prioranime07: :D

Capt

NakedJehutyV2
January 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
hopefully this new enemy can own the ori and wraith

TheCaptain
January 16th, 2006, 03:02 PM
hopefully this new enemy can own the ori and wraith
If the ANCIENTS are going to have a tough time dealing with the Ori... then I really doubt the new enemy will have much of a shot.

Maybe against the followers of Origin, yes, but I think even against the Ori's followers, it's gonna take pretty much everything a number of different factions have to bear, militarily, to put up a fight against them...

This new foe, I hope, will be a good counterpoint to the threats out there that we already know exist in the MWG

Capt

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 16th, 2006, 03:11 PM
As i said, they are probably taking the reverse approach in that they introduced a highly advanced and powerful race who cant be defeated easily and then introduce a weaker race one thats a threat but a threat you can actually fight. So I doubt they can fight the Ori as the Ori well...they can own the replicators and the replicators were quite high on the dangerous list.

While it might seem strange to introduce a new race it does make it somewhat interesting. Dammit both stargates start so far away and so long now to find out about these new baddies......

Hybridbabe
January 16th, 2006, 09:27 PM
The Ori will still figure into Season 10 because Vala's child is their Oracle, and from what I can gather, she's going to be sort of like what Shifu would have been like if he kept the Goa'uld memories, instead of burying them. Why go through all the trouble of introducing this girl, Adria, if they're not going to use her in some way?

I can see the Lucian Alliance figuring into this whole thing. They might attack the SGC after hearing Vala and her "partner" are holed up in there. Not only that, but it's because of them that the Ori are buzzing around our galaxy. With all these people "finding religion" and having the Ori and Priors protect them, it'll be hard for two-bit smugglers to form any sort of business. I can actually see the Ori irradicating them bit by bit, because they contradict the Book of Origin and/or refuse to conform to it.

And then they'd blame the SGC, and try and start a war, leading to the inevitable revealing of the Stargate, and everyone going nuts....

.....but that's my 2 cents lol

NakedJehutyV2
January 20th, 2006, 02:52 AM
If the ANCIENTS are going to have a tough time dealing with the Ori... then I really doubt the new enemy will have much of a shot.

Maybe against the followers of Origin, yes, but I think even against the Ori's followers, it's gonna take pretty much everything a number of different factions have to bear, militarily, to put up a fight against them...

This new foe, I hope, will be a good counterpoint to the threats out there that we already know exist in the MWG

Capt

my intention

Peoples_General
January 22nd, 2006, 01:26 AM
I have a feeling that the Lucian Alliance will perhaps become a double agent. They will be subdued by the Ori, but because of who the Lucians are... they'll have a "Tok'ra-like" function in that they pass on info to Free Jaffa Nation, and to the mighty Tau'ri. In other words, they'll become our allies.

Skythe
January 22nd, 2006, 03:29 AM
The Aschen and Lucian Alliance are not new, so i doubt it would be any of those 2 races. It was said that they would be a 'new' enemy, which infers you know.. someone we haven't had to fight before. Perhaps they will merely be a nonhuman race following the Orii. Anyway i honestly hope it isn't the Lucian Alliance, that has to be the most boring enemyracething ever. The only thing interesting about them was their leader (i don't know.. their was something about him). Otherwise, they are incredibly boring/linear. Maybe Baal will hear about and envelope the trust, creating the baaltrust! It is likely that this new enemy would make a once-per-season cameo~. I thought, maybe they have something to do with valas baby... or the insects from the scourge?.

Skythe
January 22nd, 2006, 03:31 AM
Haha conker is so funny. I love how TPTB throw in these fan-jokes every now and then.

NakedJehutyV2
January 22nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
yeah

Amanda Eros
January 22nd, 2006, 08:52 PM
If the new enemy really is The Lucian Alliance, then it would make sence as to why TPTB want to make Vala a regular. They will likely push her onto SG1 because she has intel on this enemy. Who knows, maybe Daniel will be the one to bring her onto the team because he feels bad about how he treated her. I don't know, but in my own opinion, I really hope that I'm wrong. I really don't see a bunch of thugs with space ships being an intresting plot line. Though I can see them trying to pull the two birds with one stone thing that they did with the Replicators and the System Lords. If TPTB have SG1 recruite The Lucian Alliance to face off against the Ori Fleet, then they could have them destroy each other. And just have a bit of cleaning up to do afterwards.

Personally I think using the Ori to get rid of the Wraith might be a better idea. lol

phikix
January 23rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
since the stargate game has been cancel, maybe the enemy from the game will be the new badiees! and since the furling are appearing next season maybr the new enmey is why they are coming out!

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
I kind of doubt it since it was related to the game and i dont think the game was part of the storyline. Though I was very interested in the Haaken story arc. Pity about the game.

knowles2
January 25th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I just do not think that the new enemy will be lucian alliance, because looking over some spoilers for future episodes, they seem to introduce the lucian alliance this season. So I suspect that perhaps there will be a new enemy. May be for once a enemy which knows how to fight and uses there brains rarther than just pure strength.

scirev
August 21st, 2006, 05:42 AM
I would like the new enemy to be the Lucian Alliance which we find out to have now combined with the Ashen if it's possible!

IrishPisano
August 21st, 2006, 09:02 AM
while the goa'uld stand mostly in defeat... they have not been entirely wiped out... ba'al is still at large, and anubis is not completely gone... now they're nowhere the threat they used to be, they can still pose some danger to us, esp since ba'al has the gate addresses thanks to sam.

i think that the goa'uld are still around bc TPTB have a place for them in our war with the ori.

my hopes are that we engage the ori in a fullscale war relatively soon... and TPTB use the following storyarcs:

1. no more random episodes
2. tracking down the four races and bringing them to our aid
3. asgard and SGC drawing up treaties and alliances with the remaining goa'uld
4. including anubis
5. confronting the ancients about their involvement, etc...

so i think maybe the next 3-5 seasons should focus on a massive galactic war with the ori... focusing on our preparations for it... chances are that we'd run into problems with the goa'uld, esp anubis, and so we'd still have enemies out there... or at least problematic races to deal with.

introducing yet another enemy at this point, is not a good idea bc we have the ori to deal with now... aggressive, anti-earth planets (like the Genii in Atlantis) are not a bad idea, but a first or second level enemy of earth (goa'uld, replicators, etc) would destroy the momentum that is building with the ori and everything they did last season.

Excellion_razor
August 21st, 2006, 11:03 AM
I think following up the Aschen would be borrrriiinngg.
I hope people don't ask for this in mass numbers since the writers seem to be very susceptible to fan opinion. JMHO-:)

Since when have the writers recently been susceptible to the fans opinions?

Xellos205
August 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
I like the random episodes that give us new weapons and new allies. It what makes the show great is not always focusing on one bad guy but many different problems. Season 5 is perfect example of how random episodes can turn into more. Carter getting kidnaped gave us new villainies like the rouge NID which is now the TRUST. So it’s not always bad.:jack:

PG15
August 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Since when have the writers recently been susceptible to the fans opinions?

Did you watch 200?