PDA

View Full Version : SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I know a lot of you are mad because I started the SG-1 Season 10 and SGA Season 3 Pro and Anti. So I decided to start a general discussion. So if you don't want to post in either the Pro or Anti thread, then you can post here.

And this isn't going to replace the Pro and Anti threads. You could say that this is a companion to those threads.

And I know this is the same thing I posted in the SGA Discussion thread.

BigGator5
November 10th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Why do you have to start these threads? What is the point? We don't know ANYTHING about season 10 to even talk in the general discussion thread!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Why do you have to start these threads? What is the point? We don't know ANYTHING about season 10 to even talk in the general discussion thread!
Because I can, and it's my right as a member of the Forum. And I think your really need to cool it, first the caption thread with Madeleine_W and now these threads with me. Come on!!!

BigGator5
November 10th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Because I can, and it's my right as a member of the Forum. And I think your really need to cool it, first the caption thread with Madeleine_W and now these threads with me. Come on!!!

And you don't think any other people wanted to start those threads when the season started? Instead, you start all four threads.

All we have to discuss is right now, "what if's" and "rumors". We have no facts on S10 at all. People are going to be hating S10 (and S3 of SGA) before shooting of each show has even started.

Seshat
November 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
And you don't think any other people wanted to start those threads when the season started? Instead, you start all four threads.

All we have to discuss is right now, "what if's" and "rumors". We have no facts on S10 at all. People are going to be hating S10 (and S3 of SGA) before shooting of each show has even started. If people want to discuss "what if's" and "rumors" they have every right to do so here as long as they follow the Forum rules. I personally don't see any rules being broken by the establishment of these new threads. If some here don't like their existence, that is their right. There are many threads here at GW that I don't like, so I just don't post in them. It's that simple.

Why are you so upset by this? It's just a matter of respect for the different tastes and timelines of others. Yours and the threadstarter's opinions are different. So what? There are lots of other places to post.

BigGator5
November 10th, 2005, 09:10 PM
There is no reason for any of these threads. These threads could have waited until March. This is mainly aimed at the "Anti" threads because there is currently no reason to be Anti-S10 when all of S9 hasn't even aired yet.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything...

Seshat
November 10th, 2005, 09:25 PM
There is no reason for any of these threads. These threads could have waited until March. This is mainly aimed at the "Anti" threads because there is currently no reason to be Anti-S10 when all of S9 hasn't even aired yet.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything... I understand that you don't see a reason for any these threads. But if others do, they can and will post in them. Please afford others the same freedom of opinion you claim for yourself. :)

However, if any of this is based on a personal dislike of someone, it would be best to take the problem out of the threads entirely. There are several people here whose ideas I don't care for, and probably several who don't care for mine :p, but I can and do respect their right to post, as long as they are following the rules.

CeeKay Sheppard
November 10th, 2005, 09:30 PM
My impression is that all 6 of these threads are for speculation. What we want to see, what we don't want to see, what we think we'll see. I don't see the harm in that; in fact, I think it's a good idea. If you don't want to see the negative stuff, don't look in the Anti threads – it's that simple.

And for the record, some people are anti-S10 because, for example, they feel that all the good ideas have been exhausted, or they don't like Mitchell, or they want Hammond or Janet or Jonas back. There are any number of reasons for someone to want the show to jut take a bow and get off the stage, so to speak.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything...

So what if Aby started all the threads? Who cares? The point is to discuss the issues, not to post as many threads as possible. Personally, I'd rather join an existing discussion than try to get a new one started. Trying to grab glory? I don't know about anyone else here, but I never look at who started a given thread. The only reason such a big deal has been made about Aby starting all of these threads is because you raised a big stink about it. And as for his sig, it's just a way to advertise the discussions to anyone who might be interested who, like myself, for instance, doesn't frequent the SG-1 S9 and SGA S2 subforums.

Look, I respect your opinion that these threads are a bad idea. So I hope you'll respect mine when I say I think you're expressing your opinion in a destructive rather than constructive manner.

On an entirely different note, kudos to Aby for opening up discussions on all sides of each topic.

And finally, here's what I came here to say: I'm looking forward to seeing what TPTB do with S10. Cameron Mitchell is turning out to be a great character, and they could do almost anything with the Ori plotline. It should be interesting to see where they go with it.

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 02:43 AM
We have pro, we have anti and we have the no hold barred "general discussion". Its a beautiful thing. Dont like it dont post pretend you have an off button and just dont read the post at all, its your right.

I hope, hope, hope desperately that S10 is still STARGATE and not a bstrdized version of it made to be more like some other shows that Scifi thinks are successful. I hope beyond hope that they maintain a level of qualitey that will keep me watching an not utilizing MY offswitch. Right now the spoilers for the season finally of S10 do not look hopeful so I am not hopeful but we will see.

Also AT, CJ, MS better all be back full time on the show. This is MHO but I will likely not watch the show if this is not the case. RDA had a phase out period and he wanted to leave and was replaced by a similar (not the same) character with great potential. But if they dont bring the mains back then I guess some forum members will be happy because I wont be posting much anymore...though I will still watch atlantis unless TPTB scrw that up too.

But this is all "speculation", fun isnt it :)

Erised
November 11th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Also AT, CJ, MS better all be back full time on the show. This is MHO but I will likely not watch the show if this is not the case. RDA had a phase out period and he wanted to leave and was replaced by a similar (not the same) character with great potential. But if they dont bring the mains back then I guess some forum members will be happy because I wont be posting much anymore...though I will still watch atlantis unless TPTB scrw that up too.

But this is all "speculation", fun isnt it :)
oh they will be back. I mean AT said about all those rumors that she will be in Atlantis if it means not cutting any SG-1 episodes.
And MS just came back from a break when Daniel was dead
and CJ, I just don't think he will leave :D

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 04:48 AM

All we have to discuss is right now, "what if's" and "rumors". We have no facts on S10 at all. People are going to be hating S10 (and S3 of SGA) before shooting of each show has even started.

Don't mind if I ask you:
Would you have had any objections to starting this thread if you were the one who had started it?

Don't get mad!

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I'm glad season 10 will become true. After all season 9 ends with a cliffhanger (don't know it) and it have been baaaad the "TO BE CONTINUED" line for the end of SG-1.

Good that they bring back Vala, bad the child thing.
Good that Carter will be in season 10, bad that her presence will be split between SG-1 and SGA.
Good that Ben Browder stays in season 10, hope his character will be more developed by the producers.

I hope for good for good stand-alones.
I hope to see in some degree the Ori Armada in action.

Maybe they bring back the Aschen (as faithfull dogs to the Ori - like said in other thread - this is the only way I see them returning).
Maybe some Fur(ling).

If this is the last may it be the best (no chiffhangers included), if not may it be better (cliffhangers are ok then).
(God, I hope for an eleven.):D

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Don't mind if I ask you:
Would you have had any objections to starting this thread if you were the one who had started it?

Don't get mad!

I had actually did want to start the S10 general discussion thread somewhere inbetween late-Jan and March, when we started getting episode titles in.

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it.

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I had actually did want to start the S10 general discussion thread somewhere inbetween late-Jan and March, when we started getting episode titles in.

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it. I seem to remember that the moment new characters were announced for S9 several threads were started to speculate about their potential involvement, possible storylines for them and who should play them, long before scenes were ever written or filmed. I don't see how these new early threads about S10 are any different.

You sound disgruntled that you did not get to start these new threads yourself. AFAIC, this appears to be the root of your complaints about them. I am asking you now to please show some respect for others and just agree to disagree and let those who wish to speculate about S10 do so in peace.

Back to topic: I would like to see some good stand-alone eps in S10 as well. :) The seasonal story arc of S9 is just not working for me as well as I had hoped it would. And I can't say I'm hoping for a S11 just yet :p, as S9 so far has almost done me in as far as holding my interest. But I still like the show and hope they can pull off few more surprises. Maybe having a new writer on staff will help. :D

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 08:11 AM
You sound disgruntled that you did not get to start these new threads yourself. AFAIC, this appears to be the root of your complaints about them. I am asking you now to please show some respect for others and just agree to disagree and let those who wish to speculate about S10 do so in peace.

Not at all, I may have wanted to start such a thread, but I am most displease with these threads have start so early.

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Them starting early is no big deal, after all, no harm can come from speculations and theories.

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Them starting early is no big deal, after all, no harm can come from speculations and theories.

People are already hating S10, because of speculations, rumors, and theories.

This is supposed to be a Stargate Fan site. Not a Anti-SG site.

kirmit
November 11th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I know I cannot believe ppl can already slag S10 off when completely nothing has bin announced lol.

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM

People hate S9 and that isnt down to theory, the fact is people will come on and not like a certain season. I disagree with a lot of people who come only to say they hate Stargate. But speculation cant turn a real fan, and I dont see why starting threads about S10 and SGA S3 is bad, they are not creating a problem, they are only allowing people to voice their problems. So how about you give NowIWllDestroyAbydos a break, if he hadnt started the threads, someone else would have. I am actually quite surprised that it has taken this long for them to arrise

kirmit
November 11th, 2005, 08:56 AM
yer but how can u comment at all whether sumthing is gona good or bad is there has bin completely no info about it, for all we know S10 mite be totally diff from S9, which i am enjoying thoroughly.

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 09:03 AM

This is supposed to be a Stargate Fan site. Not a Anti-SG site. The wonderful thing about GateWorld and the people who run it is that they allow ANY topic of discussion to be a thread as long as it and the posters in it follow the rules. :)

There is a lot of S9 I dislike and a lot of S9 I like, and I have posted in BOTH the anti- and pro-S9 threads as appropriate. That doesn't make me anti-SG1 in general. And I will continue posting in the various new S10 threads as long as I have an interest in doing so. :)

That's a pretty sweeping generalization there about "people"...I don't know what "people...already hating S10" you are talking about, but even if "people" do hate the idea, they have every right to do so. :) Speculation, rumors and theories will happen. And I enjoy them! Bring 'em on! This is just about the only time we get to guess about what will happen in the future of SG1 without having to stick to the writers' established formulas and spoiler leaks. Let the imagination flow! Exercise those brain cells!

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 09:07 AM
yer but how can u comment at all whether sumthing is gona good or bad is there has bin completely no info about it, for all we know S10 mite be totally diff from S9, which i am enjoying thoroughly.

Have a look at the front page of the GateWorld website where Ben Browder is talking about S10 already:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/browderbringonseasonten.shtml

And Joe Mallozzi occasionally talks about what could happen in S10 in his thread and his blog. If Joe and Ben can speculate about S10, I think we ALL can. ;)

dipsofjazz
November 11th, 2005, 09:57 AM

I don't know what 'people' you're talking about, but a lot of the threads I've seen are full of "Woohoo! Season 10" "Yeah, S10!" etc. Surely that counts as speculation, rumour and theory that Season 10 will be great?

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 09:59 AM
That does seem to be the general attitude, but there are a few lone hater gators out there

CeeKay Sheppard
November 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM
That does seem to be the general attitude, but there are a few lone hater gators out there

...who have every right to their opinions. There wouldn't be anything to discuss if people didn't have opposite opinions. This forum would get really boring, really fast. However, that doesn't mean anyone has the right to force their opinons down anyone's throat. Absolutely, go ahead and voice your opinon, and please disagree with someone, but don't attack anyone in the process!

Just to clear up any misconceptions, Ptah, this post isn't aimed at you, but rather at the "hater gators" (;)) who have nothing constructive to say. I'm just expanding on what you said, which is why I quoted your post.

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 10:16 AM
...who have every right to their opinions.

of course

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Frankly, I am already part of a S10 general discussion (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4638280#post4638280) thread. If you want to talk about S10 with me, go there.

LtColonelSamC
November 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM
My impression is that all 6 of these threads are for speculation. What we want to see, what we don't want to see, what we think we'll see. I don't see the harm in that; in fact, I think it's a good idea.

I'm new to this thread, but I agree.

SGVern
November 11th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Here are my thought on this:

TPTB apparently set up S9 as a season-long arc intentionally to show us the background of the Ori and how they interact with the galaxy and, ultimately, our heroes. Granted, there are mixed reviews, but that comes with introducing two new main characters and a new enemy. Within the arc, there can be the potential for stand-alone eps. Two of these could be coming up next year. Here's what I mean:

They start by continuing to deal with the current crisis (the Ori), when, all of a sudden, the Gate goes haywire.
Later on, same situation, but this time an old friend of Mitchell's calls for him asking for help in dealing with his friend's "last wishes"

The first one is "Ripple Effect", the second one is later on this season (I'm not sure of the ep. name.) While it is true that there should be more stand-alone episodes, TPTB chose to go this route first to show us that there is a new bad guy that makes the Goa'uld and the Replicators look like small kids compared to these guys.

There will be more stand-alone episodes in the future, just not in this season. S10 should have more, depending on how this crisis plays out, but give this season a chance. With that being said, I give the first half of S9 an A-.

Be cool, everyone. :cool:

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Here are my thought on this:

TPTB apparently set up S9 as a season-long arc intentionally to show us the background of the Ori and how they interact with the galaxy and, ultimately, our heroes. Granted, there are mixed reviews, but that comes with introducing two new main characters and a new enemy. Within the arc, there can be the potential for stand-alone eps. Two of these could be coming up next year. Here's what I mean:

They start by continuing to deal with the current crisis (the Ori), when, all of a sudden, the Gate goes haywire.
Later on, same situation, but this time an old friend of Mitchell's calls for him asking for help in dealing with his friend's "last wishes"
The first one is "Ripple Effect", the second one is later on this season (I'm not sure of the ep. name.) While it is true that there should be more stand-alone episodes, TPTB chose to go this route first to show us that there is a new bad guy that makes the Goa'uld and the Replicators look like small kids compared to these guys.

There will be more stand-alone episodes in the future, just not in this season. S10 should have more, depending on how this crisis plays out, but give this season a chance. With that being said, I give the first half of S9 an A-.

Be cool, everyone. :cool:
I liked your assessments, especially your comments about more stand-alone eps in the future. :) Although I realize that the writers are trying to develop the season-long arc intentionally, it doesn't work well with my viewing habits. That's not to say that it doesn't suit others! ;) Just doesn't work very well for me, that's all.

I do like the new characters, I'd just like to see them all fleshed out a lot more than they have been thus far this season. That's precisely why I would like to see more stand-alones in S10, to focus on the new folks, give us more background on them, give us a chance to get to know them individually. I WANT to care about them, I just need more info. I think a few nice stand-alones would do that job well. :)

Dani347
November 11th, 2005, 12:40 PM

There's glory in starting a thread? Do you get a crown? Do you get chocolate? If you get chocolate, I might very well get upset that someone else started a thread and stole my chocolate!!!! (I want a crown, too! A tiara, please!)

Why is it mostly aimed at anti threads? If there's no reason to be anti season 10, is there any reason to be pro season 10? But, I can think of a few reasons why anyone would be both. They like the way the current season is going, and want the greatness to continue. Or, they don't like the way it's going and want the horror to end. Interesting it falls on the anti side.

Right now, I can't say how I feel, because season 9 hasn't finished. But, that's me. Absolutley I feel someone else can speculate about season 10 right now.

immhotep
November 11th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I am really looking forward to season 10, whatever it brings. im a fan of stargate, do i disagree with them sometimes, of course i do (if some can remember my 'atlantis/aurora rampage a month or so back !), do i stop watching, no.
The fact is that were all here fore stargate in some form. whetther its to ship or to discuss tech. If stargate end so will this forum most likely. IMO there should be no anti anythings but alas there will always be them somewhere, so to counter balence that i try to stay neurtally positive.
Biggater5 your one of those people who doesnt use their imagination much, or that the impression ive gained from having arguments with you on oo i dunno 20 threads about basicly the same subject 'you cant say that, nobody knows that'....thing is im not here just to discuss what is known, i hardly ever post in the actual episode threads. ive accumilated 2000+ posts and id say a good 1500 of them are completely unrelated to actual Canon stargate, there my interpretations of what that canon stuff will lead to.
The anti/pro/general S10 stuff is all part of that, i love it, it can get a bit heated but that just life. you dont need to go on a brusade against people discussing anything that isnt canon. alot of people do that when they come to gateworld, we a crazy bunch of people in general and it take a while to get used to us :)
moral of the story, loosen up so we can jsut talk stargate; it doesnt have to come true for it to be fun, i have tons of fun even though 99.99999% of everything ive ever heard on GW in nearly a year has never came true.

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it.
I don't care who started it as long as I can post here.:cool:
I tryed to start a S10 thread (I believe it was a week or so ago) but it got deleted because was too early. I do not see it too soon now. But until Jan-March many news might come about season 10, news that will have to be discussed.
An come on! What shall we do until then? But speculate. No wrong can come from speculations of people who have no say (power) in TPTB's decisions. The show won't be cancelled because of some speculations made by people like me. Too early would have been before the news of Stargate's renewal. Now is more appropriate:D . Jan-March is too late:( .

People are already hating S10, because of speculations, rumors, and theories..

I really don't care. All I care is about the quality of this show.

Agree to disagree ---> democracy. They have a right to be disapointed (understandable IMO) as much as you have (and I) to be pleased with what's on Stargate. Just because they don see our points of view doesn't make this Fan site an Anti-SG site.

TPTB apparently set up S9 as a season-long arc intentionally to show us the background of the Ori and how they interact with the galaxy and, ultimately, our heroes. Granted, there are mixed reviews, but that comes with introducing two new main characters and a new enemy.

That was a bold decision:) , some people would get bored with this continuous arc with no standalones in between (so far SG-1 has had only 2 standalones), I hope beside the normal development of the Ori story TPTB come with some good standalones (hopefully more than S9).:)

The Mighty Musnud
November 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM

My suggestion for you would be to ignore this thread until late Jan. to mid Mar. when you were hoping to start it. Then you can enjoy the discussion on your terms.

If you do not appreciate the speculation, then you are definitely not forced to view it or participate in it.

:)

The Mighty Musnud
November 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I'm really hoping to see the return of three things in Season 10...

1) The Mayan gods (Quetzalcoatl et al) and Nick Ballard from Crystal Skull. They've got to be of some help against the Ori, right?

2) The Re'tu! You'd think they'd be happy that we pretty much offed the Go'auld. Have them join SG-1 to fight the new threat of the Ori.

3) Young Jack. RDA may be taking time off from acting, but I imagine that Michael Phelps (is that the right actor?) would be interested in more work now that his regular series (Joan of Arcadia) has been cancelled. His character should be out of high school by now. It would be awesome to see him (re)join the SGC as a recurring character. If you can't have real Jack, mini-Jack isn't such a bad substitute.
And on that note, let's see Loki come back as a bad guy. We need more conflict among the Asgard now that the Replicators are toast.

:cool:

KatG
November 11th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Man, you just keep on making friends don't you?

You say there's not enough info to speculate. I say there is.

We know that BB is going to be back as Mitchell. We know that CB is going to be back as Vala. We know that S9 is going to end with Vala pregnant and back at the SGC. We hear RCC talk ad nauseum about how great everything is and how wonderful BB and CB and their respective characters are and how refreshing S9 is. We have pretty good reason to suspect that AT's time as Sam is going to be divided between SG-1/Atlantis, which indicates to me that Sam's role on SG-1 is going to be reduced. We can also speculate that since Vala is back, then Daniel (if MS re-signs which I believe he will) will be front and center.

So here's the problem, I'm not all that impressed with Mitchell. He's not leader material imo. I don't really care for Vala, although I can take her in small doses. So far, S9 hasn't thrilled me. There have been a few decent eps here and there, but this is the first time I haven't been anxiously awaiting the re-runs so I could watch the ep again. Aside from Jack, Sam's my favorite character. I personally feel she should be leading SG-1. She has the rank and the experience, but that's apparently not going to happen. While I like Daniel, having him front and center isn't really what I want to see, especially not with Vala. As for CJ, his supposed important Jaffa storyline has yet to take front and center.

Maybe the second half of the season will inspire me and have me jumping for joy, but I have enough info to be very skeptical at this point. And if I want to be skeptical, then that's my right. I don't go into the pro S10 threads and tell them they have no right to speculate that S10 will be great, that they don't have enough info, etc. I stay out of the thread because I don't want to read post from "shiny happy people" about S10. But I do respect their right to be "shiny happy people" and happily leave them to it.

As for who starts a thread, big deal. I rarely pay attention to who starts a thread, unless of course it's someone who likes to antagonize people fromt the get go, and then I usually either stay far away from those threads or pop in to see just how much rope it takes for them to hang themselves.

My suggestion is that you leave "Now I Will Destroy Abydos" alone. He had every right to start the threads and you're complaining about it everywhere I look only serves to make you look childish and petulant. It's definitely not the way to make friends.

As for being a fan, I am a Stargate fan. I loved Season 1-5. I'm pretty fond of S6 and S7. Even liked most of S8. That doesn't mean that I have to gush and fawn and make like I'm happy with everything about it or where it seems to be heading. And if I don't talk about that with other Stargate fans, either those open to discussion or of like mind, who am I going to talk to it about?

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
3) Young Jack. RDA may be taking time off from acting, but I imagine that Michael Phelps (is that the right actor?) would be interested in more work now that his regular series (Joan of Arcadia) has been cancelled. His character should be out of high school by now. It would be awesome to see him (re)join the SGC as a recurring character. If you can't have real Jack, mini-Jack isn't such a bad substitute.
I've read that RDA will be in 10x01 "No Hope", but it's not a certain thing (it comes from imdb), but who knows.

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I've read that RDA will be in 10x01 "No Hope", but it's not a certain thing (it comes from imdb), but who knows.
yeah, Im pretty sure that is a joke.... as in there is "no hope" he will be in that ep. Anyone can post things to IMDB its not especially reliable... Although I did look something up today (but I already new the basic facts just couldnt think of the name so its not like I was depending on it as my single source of information :))

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 05:13 PM
My suggestion is that you leave "Now I Will Destroy Abydos" alone. He had every right to start the threads and you're complaining about it everywhere I look only serves to make you look childish and petulant. It's definitely not the way to make friends.

I'm not here to make friends, but to talk about Stargate.

As for being a fan, I am a Stargate fan. I loved Season 1-5. I'm pretty fond of S6 and S7. Even liked most of S8. That doesn't mean that I have to gush and fawn and make like I'm happy with everything about it or where it seems to be heading. And if I don't talk about that with other Stargate fans, either those open to discussion or of like mind, who am I going to talk to it about?

Then you go off and talk about S1-S8 and leave the gushing to us S9 fans.

KatG
November 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM

Ah. But if you keep acting the way you're acting no one will want to discuss Stargate with you either.

And I do leave the gushing to the S9 fans. That's why I stay out of their pro-S9 thread and the pro-S10 thread. Maybe you should do the same for the anti ones.

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Ah. But if you keep acting the way you're acting no one will want to discuss Stargate with you either.

And I do leave the gushing to the S9 fans. That's why I stay out of their pro-S9 thread and the pro-S10 thread. Maybe you should do the same for the anti ones.

Why have "Anti" threads at all? You ask me not to be negative, yet you guys are the prime example of being negative.

You are also only telling TPTB that you still watched the show, adding to the ratings, and thus have no reason to change what they are doing. Maybe I should be thanking you guys for a season 10?

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 05:38 PM

So you here to talk about Stargate? Then talk about Stargate, thats what the thread is for :).

Ok, and I just want to understand the rules.... If I want to talk about S9, but maybe say something that would not be termed as "gushing", am I allowed to, or do I have to turn off my TV and not comment?

I want to talk about the Possibilities of Season 10!! OK so here we go.

It IS possible that SG-1 (Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c) will explore strange new worlds, seek out new life...yada, yada, yada.... Yes!! lets do this please, except through the Stargate.

It IS possible that the Ori are really not all that important after all and will only be one of many challanges that will face SG-1 (Mitchell, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c) as they explore the entire (and huge) galaxy.

Although I know the above are possible I fear that this may not be the case. So far from what I have read about the season finally of S9 I can extrapolate what I believe will be the season opener and this makes me sad.

Stargate is my favorite show and I have encouraged many, many people to watch it over the years... I tell everyone I meet, every conversation ends up relating to Stargate somehow (yes Im even more annoying in reality)so now, if the show stinks big time, I will have to feel guilty and apologize to all of those people for the crpyness and try to assure them that I truely do have good taste in Scifi and that they should watch some of the S1-S8 eps. So I got a personal stake in this.... really.. self estem.... you dont want to ruin my self estem do you TPTB?!?!?! .... (man I need to eat less sugar during the day)

KatG
November 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Why have "Anti" threads at all? You ask me not to be negative, yet you guys are the prime example of being negative.

You are also only telling TPTB that you still watched the show, adding to the ratings, and thus have no reason to change what they are doing. Maybe I should be thanking you guys for a season 10?

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

An anti thread is just what it says. It's for those who are against certain or all aspects of a particular thing. Sometimes I just wanna say, I'm mad, or upset or concerned and want to have my feelings validated. That's when I go into an anti thread.

Sometimes I want to say, I like it, I love it, I want some more of it, and have my feelings validated.

Then other times I want to express my feelings pro/anti and yet see what other people have to say and whether or not what they have to say changes or reinforces my opinion. Then I go into a general discussion thread.

I really don't see what you're problem is, other than that you didn't get to start the threads. They all have a place and each poster can choose to read or post in or completely ignore any of them.

Dani347
November 11th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Why have anti threads? Simple. People who are anti something want to get together and talk about it. And, since people who aren't "Rah rah! Stargate rulez and will always rule and there is never anything wrong with it" get shouted down, told to shut up, told they shouldn't post if they post in a general discussion thread, they start their own threads. Which you would think would make everyone happy, since they're off to their own corner, but I guess not.

What does an anti thread hurt? But, it doesn't matter, because unless things change, the mods will allow anti threads.

BigGator5
November 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I really don't see what you're problem is, other than that you didn't get to start the threads. They all have a place and each poster can choose to read or post in or completely ignore any of them.

Let me rephase what I ment: I have issue with him starting every single one of these threads and then displaying them in his signature.

Dani347
November 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Is there a prize for starting a thread? Come on, you can tell me, is it chocolate? Do you get more rep points, something? A personal visit from the Stargate actor of your choice? Otherwise, I don't see why it matters who starts the thead.

Is it all about someone putting the threads in their signature? Do you get a prize for having a thread in your signature? Again, if there's chocolate involved, I may get really upset.

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Anti threads exist so that people may discuss their negative opinions in a safe environment where they will not be condemned for having those opinions. You have been continually derogative about posters having a right to these opinions, which shows a complete lack of respect for both the topic of these threads and the posters in them. In fact, you seem to crave the very negativity you say you dislike.

I am asking you again to please abide by the forum rules. It's time to agree to disagree and move on. The rest of us would like to actually talk about what this thread is concerned with: Season 10.

As to that subject, I have been posting my more "anti" thoughts in the anti thread because I wanted to enjoy this general discussion thread as a meeting place for folks with varying opinions on what is to come. I have conflicting feelings about S10 myself. Part of me loves SG1 and wants to see it continue and be successful, and part of me is very fearful for the decreasing quality of the show and its staying power. I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.

the fifth man
November 11th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Do you get a prize for having a thread in your signature? Again, if there's chocolate involved, I may get really upset.

Heck yeah, me too. I'll put a few in mine.:D

the fifth man
November 11th, 2005, 08:36 PM
In my opinion, the show isn't declining in quality. It's just changing. It's different from the norm we've all come to expect. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is just mine. I've really enjoyed season 9 so far. Any of you who have seen some of my posts in other threads know this by now.:) Personally, I'm really happy about the possibilities a season 10 presents.

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
<snip>
As to that subject, I have been posting my more "anti" thoughts in the anti thread because I wanted to enjoy this general discussion thread as a meeting place for folks with varying opinions on what is to come. I have conflicting feelings about S10 myself. Part of me loves SG1 and wants to see it continue and be successful, and part of me is very fearful for the decreasing quality of the show and its staying power. I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.

I think its the guy that wrote prototype. That was a pretty good ep.
I think new writers are needed more then new actors at this point...just to get some fresh ideas in that are not just cheap knockoffs of other scifi shows.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want new writers if all they want to do is write something besides Stargate. I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show. Surely there are proffessional writers out there that happen to also be fans of the show, I mean there are actors who are fans so why not writers.

the fifth man
November 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show.

Man, wouldn't any one of us love that gig. To be able to write for a show you really love and enjoy. Like a dream come true. Where do I sign up?:)

Seshat
November 11th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. I quite liked Prototype. :) In fact, that was one of the TWO eps I've liked this season. :p If that's the kind of work the new guy does we may be in for some good stuff in the last half of S9 after all, and, hopefully S10.

The Engineer
November 12th, 2005, 05:25 AM

Maybe, maybe not. I hope for the second. After all we will have 2 new writers for season 10.:)

I think new writers are needed more then new actors at this point...just to get some fresh ideas in that are not just cheap knockoffs of other scifi shows.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want new writers if all they want to do is write something besides Stargate. I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show. Surely there are proffessional writers out there that happen to also be fans of the show, I mean there are actors who are fans so why not writers.

Good Idea! But lets go further than that. Why not have a contest of sorts, something like get in gate, but for professional writers (and fans) and the best episode script may be used in Stargate. I see it as a standalone script contest (because won't mess with the general direction TPTB want to give Stargate). And if the scripts are that good maybe they would have ideas of stories (off course with the aproval of the writer). Maybe it's a bad idea but who knows.

KatG
November 12th, 2005, 05:30 AM

I've been doing the same with my anti-thoughts. Like you I have mixed emotions about S10. I do think that a new writer is a good idea, and as some have mentioned I think the new writer wrote Prototype, which actually felt like a Stargate episode to me, so I'm hopeful that it's a good sign. Personally, a couple of more new writers, who are familiar with the show and like it, wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

The Mighty Musnud
November 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Couldn't agree with you mare.

http://pics.hoobly.com/full/AGFTMRZVC2V7.jpg

I can't agree with this mare, either... ;)

Naeara
November 12th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.

Definitely a good idea. I'm a fan of S9 but I think they need some new blood with fresh ideas. Sometimes one new persepective can make a world of difference. The guy who wrote Prototype was new? Hire him on full time I say. That episode was fantastic.

I'd also really really love if they could get someone who could write a decent story arc for a female character.

The Engineer
November 12th, 2005, 08:18 PM
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/AGFTMRZVC2V7.jpg

I can't agree with this mare, either... ;)

My bad! :eek:
I meant more. Not mare.
I'll make the necessary changes.

Kelso
November 13th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Well, I'm jazzed about Season 10.

Bringing Claudia on full-time is the right move. SG-1 needs a McKay/O'Neill type character to offset the rest of the cast. Vala will fill that role nicely.

Also, it will be interesting to see what they do with Carter. I'd love to see her break out of her old SG-1 role and spend some time on Atlantis. IMO, it increases her importance.

I do hope that Shanks returns, he and Claudia Black have a fantastic on-screen chemistry.

As for Mitchell, I'd like to see him emerge as the leader he should be (as he is beginning to do in S9). I really like the character, but at this point he has nowhere near the credibility that O'Niell had in the early seasons.

I hope that the see much more of the Sodan next season (they should become the new Tok'ra), as well as a continuation of the Jaffa storyline.

The Ori will be taken to new levels (of course)... and I can't wait to see more of the Lucien Alliance!

Man, SG-1 is nowhere close to running out of steam!

Carina199
November 13th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Bringing Claudia on full-time is the right move. SG-1 needs a McKay/O'Neill type character to offset the rest of the cast. Vala will fill that role nicely.

Can´t remember that Jack was a thief or run away if things gone dangerous and I think his humor was a little bit more complex than asking team members about "making babies" with him.
Must have another show called Stargate SG 1 I have seen.

I´m so happy that I have made the decision stop watching SG 1 after episode 9.3 and concentrate now, beside watching the odd Atlantis episode now and then, on the Fandemonium books and a handfull fanfiction. Otherwise the thought of season 10 would depressing me.

Kelso
November 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Can´t remember that Jack was a thief or run away if things gone dangerous and I think his humor was a little bit more complex than asking team members about "making babies" with him.

Oh, please... Jack was the king of inappropriate humor. Vala is similar to O'Neill and McKay in that she is not a Bland/Vanilla character.

AGateFan
November 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM

I´m so happy that I have made the decision stop watching SG 1 after episode 9.3 and concentrate now, beside watching the odd Atlantis episode now and then, on the Fandemonium books and a handfull fanfiction. Otherwise the thought of season 10 would depressing me.
So are the Fandemonium books true to SG-1 (unlike much of season 9)? If so can you recommend a few, I think Im going to need something to do on Friday nights while waiting for Atlantis and the SG-1 game (which better not have any of the crpy "new" concepts in it... I want to fight goa'uld and explore the galaxy, dangit)

AGateFan
November 13th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Oh, please... Jack was the king of inappropriate humor. Vala is similar to O'Neill and McKay in that she is not a Bland/Vanilla character.
Vala is nothing like O'Niell. She is somewhat like Mckay, the Mckay in SG-1 ep 48 hours who was Simmons lapdog (you know simmons, the bad guy). They made Mckay a lot more respectable when they brought him over to Atlantis. I guess that is what they will do with Vala, rewrite her character so it sort of fits into the show.. until it is cancelled.

On further consideration I take it back. Vala is not even like Mckay in 48 hours at least he was trying to do the right thing. He just didnt have all the information and Simons was playing him. I guess the only possible comparision is the Mckay hits on women but not nearly as much as Vala hits on men.

Carina199
November 13th, 2005, 07:25 AM
So are the Fandemonium books true to SG-1 (unlike much of season 9)? If so can you recommend a few, I think Im going to need something to do on Friday nights while waiting for Atlantis and the SG-1 game (which better not have any of the crpy "new" concepts in it... I want to fight goa'uld and explore the galaxy, dangit)

My favorites are "Sacrifice Moon" (because it´s catching the mood of the very early Stargate episodes so well) and "A Matter of Honor" but I think all of them are closer to the original show than what I know from season 9. I don´t know about "The Cost of Honor" but I think it´s good, too (it´s from the writer of "A Matter of Honor". (Why can´t they bring this books worldwide - buying them is soo expansive so that I must wait until after christmas for it).

And you say you are waiting for the SG 1 game? Means that it´s not canceld?
GREAT! (Just hope my poor old computer can deal with it).

The Engineer
November 13th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I hope that the see much more of the Sodan next season (they should become the new Tok'ra), as well as a continuation of the Jaffa storyline.
Good analogy!:cool:

Lexa Jayde
November 14th, 2005, 06:38 AM
i am liking all the stuff posted on this thread... keep it up!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Caylynn
November 14th, 2005, 10:54 AM
What I hope for in season 10:

CJ to write an episode or two (he is a very talented writer)
More for Teal'c to do than just raise his eyebrow ;)
More scientist Sam and soldier Sam
Daniel doing some real archaeology
More emphasis on the TEAM (Cam, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c), team interaction, and the relationships among the members of the team
Less Vala (or at least cover her up more - a woman doesn't have to dress like that to be attractive and sexy)
More episodes with Bra'tac
I'd like to see Ishta return (hopefully in an episode written by CJ!)
One (and only one) funny episode with Felger and Coombs (especially Coombs!)

Not asking too much, am I? ;)

The Engineer
November 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM
No!!:eek:
Sorry for you, but I hate those 2.:eek:

Naeara
November 14th, 2005, 12:10 PM

More emphasis on the TEAM (Cam, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c), team interaction, and the relationships among the members of the team
Less Vala (or at least cover her up more - a woman doesn't have to dress like that to be attractive and sexy)

I agree with most of that. I would like more Vala but only if we get the Vala we saw glimpses of in TPTB. If the character doesn't grow she's just irritating. And yes, there's no need for her to continue dressing in those ridiculous contraptions.

I'd also leave out Felger and Coombs. I personally wasn't a fan of those two.

Hatcheter
November 14th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. I quite liked Prototype. :) In fact, that was one of the TWO eps I've liked this season. :p If that's the kind of work the new guy does we may be in for some good stuff in the last half of S9 after all, and, hopefully S10.

Alan McCullough wrote 'Prototype', and has 'Stronghold', 'Off the Grid', and 'Arthur's Mantle' in the back half of the season. Two of those are Baal episodes.:D

Also, Martin Gero, who joined the franchise last year as an Atlantis writer, wrote his first SG-1 script this season, 'The Powers That Be'. So that's fully one quarter of season nine written by SG-1 newcomers. :cool:

ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal
November 14th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I think itb be good to see the Wraith in SG-1, just my 2 cents

Seshat
November 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Alan McCullough wrote 'Prototype', and has 'Stronghold', 'Off the Grid', and 'Arthur's Mantle' in the back half of the season. Two of those are Baal episodes.:D

Also, Martin Gero, who joined the franchise last year as an Atlantis writer, wrote his first SG-1 script this season, 'The Powers That Be'. So that's fully one quarter of season nine written by SG-1 newcomers. :cool: Liked Prototype, so go Alan!! :D
Didn't like The Powers That Be, so...errrr....do better next time, Martin! :o

Naeara
November 14th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Yay, Baal! :D I've been hoping we'd see lots more of him. Especially given that ending to Deus Ex Machina. Best ending to an ep ever. lol! :D

Also, Martin Gero, who joined the franchise last year as an Atlantis writer, wrote his first SG-1 script this season, 'The Powers That Be'. So that's fully one quarter of season nine written by SG-1 newcomers. :cool:

I quite liked both Prototype and TPTB so thumbs up to the newcomers. :)

the fifth man
November 14th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I quite liked both Prototype and TPTB so thumbs up to the newcomers. :)

I'll second that. I can't wait for the second half of this season. For both shows. Some new blood never hurts, as evidenced.

Hatcheter
November 15th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Liked Prototype, so go Alan!! :D
Didn't like The Powers That Be, so...errrr....do better next time, Martin! :o

Lol. Gero's first Atlantis script was Childhood's End, which was for me the most forgetable episode of the show thus far, but everything else he's done has been gold. (And imdb (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1236625/) says that Gero has climbed the ranks to producer for the back half of SGA S2!)

I'll second that. I can't wait for the second half of this season. For both shows. Some new blood never hurts, as evidenced.

Makes you wonder if another newcomer might pop up in the S10. Or maybe Chris Judge will have time to write again. :cool: (Will Browder be ready to write for Stargate?)

The Engineer
November 16th, 2005, 09:53 AM
(Will Browder be ready to write for Stargate?)
Too early for him to do that in season 10. Maybe in season 12.

the fifth man
November 16th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Too early for him to do that in season 10. Maybe in season 12.

I'd go for that. Mainly because that would mean we'd be getting a season 12.:D

creed462
November 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I'd Like to see some past stories finished up

Lexa Jayde
November 20th, 2005, 12:55 AM
i second that... but i have no idea which ones i would like to see wrapped up... but i am thinking 100 days but that will never happen now that RDA is not coming back at all... :(

the fifth man
November 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Oh yeah. There are so many to choose from, too. Definitely something I'd love to see. For one, the aliens from "Foothold". That would be sweet.:)

Naeara
November 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah. There are so many to choose from, too. Definitely something I'd love to see. For one, the aliens from "Foothold". That would be sweet.:)

I'd forgotten about them. There's also the Re'tu (sp?). Didn't they want to get rid of all potential hosts? We never heard from them again either.

The Engineer
November 21st, 2005, 12:29 AM
I'd forgotten about them. There's also the Re'tu (sp?). Didn't they want to get rid of all potential hosts? We never heard from them again either.
Yes, indeed. And now they might want to get rid of all the potential worshippers.:D

MasySyma
November 21st, 2005, 07:06 PM

I like most of your list, but I have a few objections. :D
Use Vala well: Don't hide her behind a tree or dangle her around in her underwear. Show how she enhances SG-1.

No Felger and Coombs. (Unless I can watch a wraith eat them):D

Can we see a bit of Daniel's life please? What happened to Sara? He doesn't need a girlfriend necessarily, but does the man ever leave the base?

More Teal'c stuff that isn't Gerak related. I agree. What happened to Ishta? Does Teal'c have grandkids yet?

A use for Sam: I'm not seeing her contribution when fighting the Ori yet. (Yes, I'm ok if the answer includes Atlantis sometimes).

I'm enjoying the show currently, and I'm thrilled that it's back for another year. The writers have time to continue developing numerous ideas and characters. :D

Blitz
November 22nd, 2005, 08:21 AM
I'd like to know how the space race aliens are, whats happening there. Ori gone and subjected them to long dull speeches of salvation yet? Have they visited Jonas's world? (Don't mind that one as I wasnt keen on Jonas.)

I've got to admit I'm looking forward to the 'contraversial Daniel story arc', I got a feeling it's linked to the baby somehow. *thinks*:rolleyes:

As for Sam and SG1/SGA I dont mind. She's a scientest. One of the best so I kinda get it. Lam and Landry need a bit more opening up.

(sorry: havn't posted in ages so I'm getting it all out now.)

I'm liking Mitchell though: he seems ok so far :D

As for Vala becoming a regular: I don't mind. I like her: as for what she wears I dont mind. It's her choice, kinda like Teal'c walking around with his staff. (liking the transition from staff to P90....kinda echoes the show's transistion.)

I love the change! whaoo. Anyway: I have to admit I'd like a bit of explanation on the snakeheads on earth history. (there here: rebellion, they go, yet their still snakes around later on in life: aka - Sokar and medieval people.) Doesnt work. Anyone else?

Blitz

The Engineer
November 22nd, 2005, 08:44 AM
I love the change! whaoo. Anyway: I have to admit I'd like a bit of explanation on the snakeheads on earth history. (there here: rebellion, they go, yet their still snakes around later on in life: aka - Sokar and medieval people.) Doesnt work. Anyone else?

hmmm....
I liked Demons a lot. What I didn't like was that medieval people snatched by Sokar. There could be 2 explanations:
1) an incursion on Earth made by Sokar during the Middle Age, he took some people but something stopped him from taking anymore people or even claim Earth as his possession (the Ancients, Ra, a third party).
2) someone else took those people from Earth and relocated them on that planet as part of an experiment (biological, social or otherwise), they were forgotten or the experimenters died or run out of funds, and later Sokar came on that planet claimed as his own. (note: it might be realted to time travel experiments).
Maybe TPTB will address this issue in Season 10 (highly improbable).

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah, it would have been nice if that stuff had been touched on a little more by tptb.

Domesticated Equine
November 26th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I think there's a chance for a decent season 10 if TPTB get some new blood in the form of talented writers and start to focus more on the characters, their relationships and the team dynamic in general. Interesting plotlines are good and all but the characters are the heart and soul of this series. Even Vala (whom I've hated) could become tolerable if they tone her down and maybe focus on the more serious aspects of her person like her being a former host.

the fifth man
November 27th, 2005, 01:34 PM
There is so much potential for next season, I can barely contain myself. I do hope some old plotlines can be closed, and some new stand-alone adventures as well.

Deevil
April 8th, 2006, 09:14 PM
What can I say, we have pro's and anti's all excited or panicking or disencourage and encouraged because of last season and the spoilers being released.

But I am sure there are a bunch of us out there who are going to watch season 10 with an open mind, we aren't going to take the spoilers (or possibly even read the spoilers) one way or another.

So in other words, this is a thread for those people who are willing to watch the season unfold without an pre-concieved ideas as to how it is going to pan out.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm pretty psyched about the first half of the season, but I'm going to try to avoid spoilers for the second half (try... but probably will fail). But for now, I'm neutral on the second half.

But really, isn't a neutral thread sort of pointless? Are we just supposed to say, "I will watch with an open mind, so I wonder what will happen and how it will happen - however, I cannot speculate, as I may then not have an open mind."

PG15
April 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I'm in.

And when I see Stargate come July, all I know is I'll be going "Hello".

Deevil
April 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Ahh, speculation is fine - just not outright "This is going to be fantastic" or "This is gonna suck".

It's approaching things with an open mind that's all.

ShadowMaat
April 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
There's already a general discussion thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20056

Unless you mean that people here can't say "It's gonna suck!" or "It's gonna be great!" and can only remain neutral about everything. :P

Deevil
April 8th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Yup the idea is to do away with the pre-concieved notions that it is definatively going to be one way or another...

Cause, sometimes I think we all need a break from that :)

Plus, don't you think there is a need for neutrality here - even a little bit?

Hubble
April 8th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Yup the idea is to do away with the pre-concieved notions that it is definatively going to be one way or another...

Cause, sometimes I think we all need a break from that :)

Plus, don't you think there is a need for neutrality here - even a little bit?

Neutrality and openmindedness are overrated – and dull.

I'll not panic about any spoilers and I'll give S10 a go, but I can't see myself liking too much of Vala/Daniel, Mitchell or Vala's sprog or getting too frightened by the Ori. Of course, there's the possibility my mind could be changed by stellar writing, but I'm pretty darned sure that won't be the case.

But....I will be there for the first episode at least.

Bragi
April 8th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Books and their covers.

Neutrality and openmindedness are overrated – and dull.

Yes...... openmindedness is extraordinarily dull.............

Being closed minded and shut off to different ideas and experiences is much better.................................

I have a whole bag of not-nice things to say to you about that blatantly moronic comment.... but I'll stay my fingers, I'd rather not be censored again.

PG15
April 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Hey buddy! You're in the wrong thread! ;)

the fifth man
April 9th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I'm in.

And when I see Stargate come July, all I know is I'll be going "Hello".

Same here.

CBloom
April 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM
:cool: Do you know what I would like to see in S10 - Yes/NO? Well I'll tell you anyway!

I'd like to see a 'team night!' A night where they go out, or go to one of their houses and have a really good night! Plenty of food and drink! Just let their hair down!!

I know this'll not happen - but a good idea? Yes? No?

Be Gentle with me!!! :eek: :o

Egraine
April 19th, 2006, 12:37 PM
:cool: Do you know what I would like to see in S10 - Yes/NO? Well I'll tell you anyway!

I'd like to see a 'team night!' A night where they go out, or go to one of their houses and have a really good night! Plenty of food and drink! Just let their hair down!!

I think that would be cool. They have referred to video night, but maybe go out bowling or something.

I'd also like to see them have Ben write an episode. He's really a wonderful writer, as well as actor.

Formerhost
April 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I think that would be cool. They have referred to video night, but maybe go out bowling or something.

I'd also like to see them have Ben write an episode. He's really a wonderful writer, as well as actor.

Oh, yes!!! :cameron:

HirogenGater
April 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see more offworld team missions.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see more offworld team missions.

I think that's very likely this coming season.:)

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2006, 11:06 PM

That would be so fun- the actors would probably really enjoy that too. None of them seem to have much of a life beyond the walls of Cheyenne. Lets see them have some fun.....introduce Vala to "those credit cards". It'll never happen thoght.....probably only something that will belong in the realm of fan-fic.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM
That would be so fun- the actors would probably really enjoy that too. None of them seem to have much of a life beyond the walls of Cheyenne. Lets see them have some fun.....introduce Vala to "those credit cards". It'll never happen thoght.....probably only something that will belong in the realm of fan-fic.

Yeah, I just don't see TPTB devoting an entire episode to that concept. It would be fun to see though.:)

LaCroix
July 21st, 2006, 12:39 PM
I thought I'd dust off this thread with something different.

I'm sure that most of us know that back in season 5 there were hints of a new, more powerful system lord. Later we found out that it was Annubis, a half ascended, half Gou'ald. The story slowly unfolded and was later resolved.

I'm wondering if back in season 9, if there were hints of something more powerful than the remaining system lords, the Asgard, and the Tok'ra, would the storylines we have so far with the Ori be the same.
What I mean by that is, if the Ori would have been slowly introduced would you have liked it better? If the Threat, because of this could have brought back the team in a much more acceptable way?

I have heard and read posts that could have had introduced Vala. What are your thoughts on these? (if you have read those) Mitchell?
Discuss.

Dark Falcon
July 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
I'm cheering, "COUN-TER-STRIKE!"
"COUN-TER-STRIKE!"
"COUN-TER-STRIKE!"

Sorry, but Counter-Strike is the episode that I'm looking
forward to in terms of action! :D

The Engineer
July 21st, 2006, 02:50 PM
I thought I'd dust off this thread with something different.

I'm sure that most of us know that back in season 5 there were hints of a new, more powerful system lord. Later we found out that it was Annubis, a half ascended, half Gou'ald. The story slowly unfolded and was later resolved.

I'm wondering if back in season 9, if there were hints of something more powerful than the remaining system lords, the Asgard, and the Tok'ra, would the storylines we have so far with the Ori be the same.
What I mean by that is, if the Ori would have been slowly introduced would you have liked it better? If the Threat, because of this could have brought back the team in a much more acceptable way?

I have heard and read posts that could have had introduced Vala. What are your thoughts on these? (if you have read those) Mitchell?
Discuss.
:jack_new_anime07: Bravo!!! Good question.
The answer is trickier than the question.
The idea of introducing an enemy slower by building the tension stone by stone like a cathedral is better, it is subtle, has nuances that makes ask questions, gives you time to reflect upon what is happening and enjoy the story to its full potential.
Anubis is the only enemy introduced with such a finesse, with such class (since season 4, if I recall right). He has made his presence felt without even knowing his name. He had people who spoke in his behalf and only in season 5 we find out what was the enemy's name, later throught season 6 we saw his face only to find out in Full Circle that it was a mask, a container. Season 7 was the peak of his ruling over the Stargate show. His deafeat was only temporary and manage to reappear as powerful as before and made his successor, Ba'al, follow his orders. Even Ba'al was affraid of Anubis. His deafeat by the eternal battle with Oma was a quick fix and although trapped between 2 worlds he was unbeatable, truly unbeatable.
Now if, TPTB would not have introduced the Ori, Ba'al would have been the second best built character throughout the seasons. But now he is merely a pain in SGC's neck.
The Ori on the other hand were introduced like a dozer in a pottery, quick, decisive, destroying everything in their path through earthquakes, plagues, lasers, killer roaches, zombifing diseases, giving no one (characters or fans) time to catch their breath. The time of building cathedrals is long over, now it's the skyscrapers era when everything is and has to be built fast and with maximum efficiency. Cathedrals are beatiful, but also are the skyscrapers and with the Ori they literally went beyond the sky.
But still I have not answered the question. That tricky is.
Building "cathedrals" took seasons and time for another one was not on the script writer's part nor the poduction costs nor are those suits at Sci Fi (or elsewhere), mostly those suits are the key factor. They decide who lives another season or joins the cancelled shows league. They only have one thing set in their minds (no, not quality) MONEY, BIG MONEY, and nothing else. They don't give a frack about quality, if BSG dives deep under 1 point, it's adios muchachos. Eureka if it proves just soap balloon will be gone before the 13th episode.
And now back on the issue at hand: SG-1.
Yes it would have been better for the Ori plot to be developed in stages, but SG-1's success is also it's enemy (maybe that's why TPTB wanted to make Stargate Command not SG-1 season 9). TPTB had no intenstions of setting records and bragg on promos, Sci Fi did. A compromise had to be reached and decided to build the Ori fast as a Concorde (no pun intended).

The Signal
August 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think this thread is more needed now than it has ever been.

the fifth man
August 21st, 2006, 03:34 PM
I think this thread is more needed now than it has ever been.

Indeed it is. After the news of Sci-Fi Channel's idiotic decision. Curse them all IMO.

warmbeachbrat
January 10th, 2007, 10:15 AM
It's odd, but I really loved season 9. I can't think of a single episode that I hated or wouldn't rewatch. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about season 10. I really liked a LOT of the episodes, but there were a few I didn't like AT ALL. And there are a few scenes that are jaw-dropping in their stupidity. I'm hoping the second half is a little more consistent (as in consistently good). One of the great things about season 10 is the characters are interacting and meshing very well. One of the not so great things is the uneven plotting to some eps. Oh well, I guess that's the way it is for any series of this age....

bcfc
January 10th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I like some of the episodes from season 9 and 10, proberley more from 9 so far. especially Camolot's space battle, IMO its better than Lost Citys battle.

To be honest since Season 1 their has been episodes that have been poor,good and excellent im just glad that its been running for so long that everyone can have both negatives and positives about every episode.

:jack: :tealc: :sam: :daniel:

Mitchell82
January 10th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I like some of the episodes from season 9 and 10, proberley more from 9 so far. especially Camolot's space battle, IMO its better than Lost Citys battle.

To be honest since Season 1 their has been episodes that have been poor,good and excellent im just glad that its been running for so long that everyone can have both negatives and positives about every episode.

:jack: :tealc: :sam: :daniel:

Isnt that the truth. It is nice to see how different people react to the same ep. Some love it while others hate it.

Trek_Girl42
January 10th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Isnt that the truth. It is nice to see how different people react to the same ep. Some love it while others hate it.
Exactly, and it is really interesting to see the differences in people's reactions, and their reasons for their opinions. :)

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Exactly, and it is really interesting to see the differences in people's reactions, and their reasons for their opinions. :)

Indeed it is.