Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    my expectations for the credits are
    Only problem there is that Bridges already has the 'with': BB, AT, CJ, with BB, and MS as...

So, for S10, maybe: BB, AT, CJ, with BB ... CB, and MS as...

guh. whatev.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, DEM, Skydiver, and Mr Prophet. Any chance they will put Dr. Lam/Lexa in the credits, too? That would be crazy if she got a somewhat larger part next season, but I doubt it. I just thought it would make the credits even more confusing!

Edit: Actually from Season 10 Spoilers it sounds like
      Spoiler:
      Vala's baby
      will have a large part in the next season. Do you think this is someone who could be another addition to the opening credits?
      Spoiler:
      Although there will be many actresses for that part...
      Last edited by atlantisrocks; 25 March 2006, 11:59 AM.
      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Sky I'm going with or

or bb
        at
        cj
        beau
        &ms
        With CB

atlantisrocks, unless MS/LD announces at an upcoming con. I doubt LD will be back. There's been no word from sites that I've visit or from Skiffy itself.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
          Thanks for the replies, DEM, Skydiver, and Mr Prophet. Any chance they will put Dr. Lam/Lexa in the credits, too? That would be crazy if she got a somewhat larger part next season, but I doubt it. I just thought it would make the credits even more confusing!
          I also haven't heard that Lexa Doig is returning next season, but I would imagine that if she does she would remain in the "also starring" credits that run during the show after the opening credits. I highly doubt she's going to get a much bigger role in s10, especially considering real life circumstances.

Hell, TPTB is on a role - they should write her pregnancy into the show too! *grumble grumble*

Edit: Actually from Season 10 Spoilers it sounds like
          Spoiler:
          Vala's baby
          will have a large part in the next season. Do you think this is someone who could be another addition to the opening credits?
          I'm assuming that
          Spoiler:
          Vala's baby
          will only be featured in a few episodes in s10 and therefore the actress will be placed in the same section as Lexa Doig.

Comment

i think it's doubtful that, presuming lexa returns, she'll return in such a way as to be in the credits. She'll likely keep her guest starring credits like she's had in the past

I've also seen shows with more than one 'with' in it, so we could get

bb
            at
            cj
            with beau
            and ms
            with cb

either that or they could be 'fair' and say screw all this 'with' and 'and' stuff and go iwth alphabetical order

it is still a kinda screw you to chris and amanda,but it would put an end to all the with's and and's

course, then it'd go
            cb
            beau
            bb
            cj
            ms
            at

unless they went by first names, then amanda would be firse (bet skiffy would have a stroke over that, imagine it a WOMAN first????? )

or htey could put up all the names at once

Super baby will likely not be a member of hte cast but a recurring role
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't know about anyone else. But does it look like Sony/Bridge/Skiffy will be pairing off Daniel and Vala as a couple? And if they do will this raise questions about why?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                I don't know about anyone else. But does it look like Sony/Bridge/Skiffy will be pairing off Daniel and Vala as a couple? And if they do will this raise questions about why?
                I don't know if TPTB will, but I can see how their scenes together in s9 could be setup for a ship. I don't see it myself - I found Daniel more irritated with Vala than smitten by her. I don't care for the pairing at all, especially the likely angle of "evil/troubled/naughty gal turns her life around thanks to the love of a REAL MAN."

Funny how TPTB completely botched and dumped Sam/Jack and yet they may be so eager to try another ship...

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised. since the ptb were a bunch of ******* about sam/jack, they might be looking for their next hot couple. too bad daniel/vala couldn't hold a candle to s/j (to me).

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    I don't know if TPTB will, but I can see how their scenes together in s9 could be setup for a ship. I don't see it myself - I found Daniel more irritated with Vala than smitten by her. I don't care for the pairing at all, especially the likely angle of "evil/troubled/naughty gal turns her life around thanks to the love of a REAL MAN."

Funny how TPTB completely botched and dumped Sam/Jack and yet they may be so eager to try another ship...

I agree that Daniel was/still is irritated with her. But I went back to the interview with BW and RCC, Executive Decisions and re-read the word "Moonlighting", IMHO, I think that's where we're headed.

And yes they, did totally messed the Sam/Jack ship. I really wish they would have resolved it in S8.

that Sam and Jack got married

Comment

i dunno. maybe shanks got tired of his character always being half of a slash ship and wanted a little canon het to squash it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i wouldn't be surprised. since the ptb were a bunch of ******* about sam/jack, they might be looking for their next hot couple. too bad daniel/vala couldn't hold a candle to s/j (to me).

sally
                        it'll be funny to watch the train wreck

these boys can't write ship. At least ship that's not some thin retread of a harlequin romance. They write women the way they would want them to be, not the way a woman really would be

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                          I love the initials for that episode 'PU' so utterly descriptive.
                          <snerk>

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                            I've sometimes had this thought flit through my head, too. Maybe it's a false impression, but I get the distinct feeling at times that a large chunk of those enthusing about S9 are Farscape fans who will accept anything from Mitchell/Vala because they are played by BB and CB. Certainly, the show seems more geared towards pleasing this new fan segment, it seems to me, than those SG fans who have watched and stayed loyal to the show for eight years. Which isn't surprising really - I mean, I'm not naive enough to believe that loyalty counts for a hill of beans in the commercial world of TV. But I do think that TPTB will have future cause to regret putting all their eggs in that particular basket and ignoring (and not just ignoring, but actively mocking, which is worse) the concerns - many of them perfectly legitimate - of their core fan group.

Albion
                            I'd have to agree - very well put.
                            A Symbiote

Comment

Started watching cause I liked the movie, love scifi and mythology, (snip...) loved the interaction of the team and each individual as well, and all the minor characters - Hammond, Walter, Siler, Janet, Jacob, Bray'tec,Cassie etc. The enemies and the allies were interesting as well as the ethical dilemias were thought provoking.
                              Me too. The depth of the storylines and interactions of the characters drew me in. I love the mixture of real anicent Earth history/cultural and cool SciFi theory.

How could the same guys who did the first 7 seasons peter out of ideas (some of 8 was great) and give us the disaster of 9. Is it the guys who are missing the ones who were responsible for all the good in the past or is the series past it's due date?
                              Here's my thoughts:

1. Starting with s8, the producers and writers were splitting their time with between SG-1 and SG-A.

2. Somewhere between s6 and s7, the writing pool became a private club. (Read somewhere they thought it made the eps and the show's production schedule more cohesive.)

Meanwhile, I feel the "occassional freelancers" brought new (farily well researched and planned because they had the time to do so) story concepts for s2 - 7. Note in s9, TPTB did bring at least one new writer who wrote Prototype and one other ep.

3. I believe the show still has life - the arcs laid out are interesting. Can't help wondering, if other cable shows like the Sopranos, Sex in the City and BSG delayed or hiatused thier production to retool, why didn't SG-1 after RDA's departrue? Eight years of production, TBTB has earned a breather especially with a new show on deck. Edit to add - in addition to RDA leaving and AT being out on maternity leave.

Yes, we fans would have been miserable waiting but now we are all disappointed with s9 and concerned with s10's quality.
                              Last edited by Mesenet; 25 March 2006, 10:04 PM.
                              A Symbiote

Comment

i don't know if season 10 is going to have any quality. I think a hiatus to retool would have been a good idea-i think they ought to have considered that before the stuff hit the fan this season.

I firmly believe the magic baby story line is the death knell of this show.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X