Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    omg! i can see it now.
    jack would have to be the tin man, teal'c the cowardly lion(how about that for an oxy moron? I knowit doesn't fit, but go with me), Danny as the scarecrow. Hammond is the wizard and anubis the wicked witch.
    Maybourn is the Scarecrow....

Danny is Toto....

Read that in a fan fic once. Jack was trying to figure out what was going on and who was who. He thought Daniel was the scarecrow too at first I think... but then he realized Daniel was with him (Dorthy) the whole time, thus he is Toto.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

What I find so amazing across fandoms is not everyone is looking foward to S10. I checked out Our Stargate today and came across a thread "Not Looking Foward to S10".

Some of the content may upset Sam/AT fans though.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        What I find so amazing across fandoms is not everyone is looking foward to S10. I checked out Our Stargate today and came across a thread "Not Looking Foward to S10".
        i hope TPTB pick up this sooner rather than later
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

i have a funny feeling that tptb have finally come up with a way to unite a good chunk of hte fans....when the majority hates it, they'll have accomplished their goal
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jack has to be the Scarecrow, because Dorothy "loved the Scarecrow the best."
            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
              Jack has to be the Scarecrow, because Dorothy "loved the Scarecrow the best."
              Scarecrow was her uncle (if I remember right) thats why she loved him so much, what you are saying is just... well... thats just....wrong
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

they used to be one of hte few shows that had women being women. not sex pots or girl friends or damsels in distress (that's what daniel was there for )
                I was watching the special features on the S8 DVDs, and that feature from one of the cons where they interviewed some fans about why they watched the show? There was a man there enthusing over the fact that he found Carter such a terrific role model for his young daughters and that was partly the reason why his family all sat down together to watch the show each week. There was heavy emphasis on this 'great role model for young women' aspect all through the con features, with the suggestion that Carter and the almost unique way she was written among SF shows - so NOT a Vala - had encouraged many young women into science and high achievement careers.

Watching it, I couldn't help wondering what that family guy thinks now and whether he's still so keen on watching the show to find good female role models for his kids.

Perhaps future season DVDs will triumphantly enthuse: "SG1 has inspired many young woman to embark on their own successful careers as strippers and lap dancers...."

I agree 100 % with that but may be, it's all to do with money and TPTB wanted their show to be popular with the Farscape fans more than anything else as they knew they would lose some SG1 fans anyway .
                I've sometimes had this thought flit through my head, too. Maybe it's a false impression, but I get the distinct feeling at times that a large chunk of those enthusing about S9 are Farscape fans who will accept anything from Mitchell/Vala because they are played by BB and CB. Certainly, the show seems more geared towards pleasing this new fan segment, it seems to me, than those SG fans who have watched and stayed loyal to the show for eight years. Which isn't surprising really - I mean, I'm not naive enough to believe that loyalty counts for a hill of beans in the commercial world of TV. But I do think that TPTB will have future cause to regret putting all their eggs in that particular basket and ignoring (and not just ignoring, but actively mocking, which is worse) the concerns - many of them perfectly legitimate - of their core fan group.

Albion
                Last edited by Albion; 19 March 2006, 03:42 AM.
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

cam, poor cam needs to be written like a competant lt colonel in the us air force, not a 15 year old marty sue living out his greatest fantasy
                  Quoted for the truth!

I'm really getting sick of mitchell being a nobody. I mean for goodness sake it's his team and he has no control over any of them. Daniel does this mitchell goes along, teal'c does this mitchell says sure, sam fixes something mitchell goes to eat roast beef. I get in the beginning he played a minor role which was fine because that's the smart thing to do, ease your way into leadership but s9 is over and he's still so weak. =(
                  We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

I just had this sudden, horrific, vision of the 200th episode being a Wizard of Oz tribute with Sam being knocked silly and hallucinating... complete with music, dancing, and clips from previous episodes.
                    Well, thank you! You just don't want me to get to sleep tonight at all, do you?

Albion <whimper>
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

i have wondered that too. if they weren't skewing things Scapy to appeal and draw in fans that would naturally follow thier favored actors.

if they are doing this, it'd be nice if they'd tone it down. Stargate used to be able to stand on its own and be unique among scifi shows. by giving it a farscape slant, they're just making it one of the crowd. they're taking away all that was unique about it adn what made it stand out from the crowd

it's being turned into something infinitely forgettable

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but let's face facts; TV networks in general and SciFi in particular do not value uniqueness.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Yeah, but let's face facts; TV networks in general and SciFi in particular do not value uniqueness.
                          Nor intelligence.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

and they wonder why the population as a whole gets dumber and dumber

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                              I've sometimes had this thought flit through my head, too. Maybe it's a false impression, but I get the distinct feeling at times that a large chunk of those enthusing about S9 are Farscape fans who will accept anything from Mitchell/Vala because they are played by BB and CB. Certainly, the show seems more geared towards pleasing this new fan segment, it seems to me, than those SG fans who have watched and stayed loyal to the show for eight years.
                              Well I LOVE Farscape. It’s one of my favorite shows of all time, but to me Season 10 of Stargate is just another season even if BB and CB are in it. (And I’ve been a loyal Stargate fan for 8 years). I don’t really care if it happens or not. I’ll watch it out of morbid curiosity as well as the fact that I don’t watch anything else on Friday nights.....

Yeah Ben was my bright spot for thinking positive about the announcement there would be a S9 (hey I loved him on Farscape), but after seeing how they butchered and assassinated his character in S9.....well I don’t have anything to look forward to in S10 cause I seriously doubt the writing for Mitchell will improve. And they practically killed Vala for me in S8 in PU right from the start, but they did redeem her somewhat in a couple of those S9 eps.

I can overlook the stupidity in the writing of the stories, but the characters still need to show some intelligence and maturity......

Basically I’m apathetic about Season 10.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                                Hmm...that was an interesting read. Most of the concerns revolve around Vala and Mitch and how they're incorporated into the show, which is a concern of mine as well. Mitch was brought on as the leader, even though he has no offworld experience and has already made (IMO) some foolish mistakes. The team's apparent response? "Whatever." They don't seem to have strong feelings one way or the other regarding Mitch - he's merely there. No one has questioned his ability to lead. No one has wondered why Sam isn't in charge. They just accept whatever plot changes TPTB toss their way.

Vala will be brought back and will likely be made a member of the offworld team even though she lies, steals, risks Daniel's life, and insults the govt guys who write the paychecks. The team's likely response? "Whatever." No one will question her presence because TPTB have already decided to put here there.

Comment

Working...
                                X