S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    I think that Scifi made them bring in those two... Though it would have made a lot more sence to bring back Jonas since he was established. And/or Hailey as well, she's not so famous of an actress as CB and would have been a lot less pricey.
    I personally would love to see Jonas back. Honestly, I think the changes that were forced would not 'fit' no matter who they hired. You need Brad Wright, er I mean writing, decent dialog, intelligent humour, and TEAM TEAM TEAM which would require characters and character development. Or maybe the team to be together like on...what were those called...oh yeah, MISSIONS! These are the things they used to have that are just down el toileto IMHO.

Everyone seems like a big plot device to serve the 'new SG-1' whatever that is. That's why they don't have TEAM any more. Everyone's off on their own to serve their part of the 'plot' - whether its VALA on an Ori ship, Teal'c gone to the Lucian Alliance, Sam's character being obliterated or countless other times when characters are separated and/or reduced to further the fragments of the show. Its just another space show to me now. But that's just my .000002 worth. I'm pretty disillusioned can ya tell?
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
      aye, i agree. however imo the show wasnt broken, but they tried to 'fix' it anyway and in doing so, they actually broke a perfectly fine show. so now the show that didnt need fixing, but was fixed, actually needs fixing due to their fix...if you get what i mean
      I concur, and I think those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked should be sacked for turning this into the Stargate SG Wonder Llama. Feeling Pythonesque tonight...
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I just had this sudden, horrific, vision of the 200th episode being a Wizard of Oz tribute with Sam being knocked silly and hallucinating... complete with music, dancing, and clips from previous episodes.

*shudders*

My LJ

Comment

a musical episode!!!!!!!!!!

runs screaming around the room before collapsing into a puddle of goo
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I just had this sudden, horrific, vision of the 200th episode being a Wizard of Oz tribute with Sam being knocked silly and hallucinating... complete with music, dancing, and clips from previous episodes.

*shudders*
            On the bright side, it would be a Sam-centric episode... until it was revealed that the munchkins, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, Wizard and Good Witch were all dead ringers for Cameron.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

*shudders*
              Hey Strix:

My horrific vision is that these lame PTB use the shower scene theme and then proceed to "make fun"of that portion of the audience who has legitimate criticisms by having the dream scenes be the things those that openly criticize the show and TPTB say are the problems, like make mitchell an even bigger OTT dolt cowboy. Their way of saying those fans are the crazy ones and how can they NOT like the show the way it is.
              Last edited by binkpmmc; 15 March 2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                a musical episode!!!!!!!!!!

runs screaming around the room before collapsing into a puddle of goo
                Why not, they did it on Xena.... it will be another homage.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

yeah, but xena did it good, as good as a musical could be

besides, i've heard these folks sing...it ain't pretty

row, row, row your boat....
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Heh. Just managed to resurrect an old, corrupt file of a song parody I was working on. Back in the Jack days, but with the mention of Wizard of Oz, I figured I'd drop it in anyway:

(edit: I suppose I should mention it's a parody of If I Only Had a Brain)

(Hammond)
                    You can sit around here teasin'
                    While your teammates you're displeasin'
                    If that's what you insist.
                    But I'm gonna tell you plainly
                    If you can't treat them humanely
                    Well then, Colonel, you're dismissed!

What you need to do is offset
                    Maybe tell them that they're assets-
                    I think you get the gist

(Wally)
                    Your constant stream of rudeness
                    Is an awful attitudeness
                    And I hope that you're dismissed!

(Hammond)
                    Oh yes you may be best
                    At beating the false gods
                    You can save a fight no matter what the odds
                    And you can think- you aren't a clod!

Annnnd then I couldn't think of a last verse and the file got corrupted and I forgot about it for a while.

I suppose it could be adapted to suit Landry and Mitchell and then sub in the Ori for the false gods... Meh. Not worth it.

However, I'm very proud of that attitudeness.
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 17 March 2006, 05:54 AM. Reason: implementing suggestion to sub in Wally :)

Comment

The long and the short and the tall of it is that Xena and Buffy got away with musical episodes because they existed within a universe where it made sense for people to burst into soul-exposing song. Stargate doesn't, and however funny a well-written filk may be, no Stargate episode should ever be all-singing all-dancing.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I never wanted a season 9 ..it's a bad idea to introduce so many new characters at the end of a series .. and I'm against season 10 but it's gonna happen so I posted what I would like to see happen in season 10 in the poll thread about season 10 .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          Great point Smurf.SG-1 did fine all these Years.I will never understand the need for hiring BB and CB.Even with RDA gone IMO you bring in a Jonas or Hailey character with Sam as leader of SG-1 and more mention of the Jack character and the Season 9 ratings would not be a problem.TPTB would have even saved Money in not bring in BB and CB.
                          I agree 100 % with that but may be, it's all to do with money and TPTB wanted their show to be popular with the Farscape fans more than anything else as they knew they would lose some SG1 fans anyway .

Will Jonas and Hailey have had the same impact ?!! I don't think so .
                          I know that the show gained a new audience . I know some people ,who didn't watch SG1 for the first 8 seasons but as soon as they knew that CB and BB were coming to that show , they started to watch it and of course , for them , they don't really care about Sam and mostly JACK as they don't really know him .They know nothing of the Sam and Jack ship . They watch Stargate SG1 for Vala (CB) and Cameron (BB) ...which is sad to hear for us , dedicated fan of the original show but it's the truth .

I hope that TPTB will please a little bit more of their old dedicated fans in season 10 .

Caty

Comment

skydiver it won't let megreen you-but you are so right. the humor and tone of the writing this season has been so juvenille and so sex oriented-i would swear that i was watching tripping the rift. if they continue this next season-nobody will remember that it ever was an intelligent show.
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              Hey Strix:

My horrific vision is that these lame PTB use the shower scene theme and then proceed to "make fun"of that portion of the audience who has legitimate criticisms by having the dream scenes be the things those that openly criticize the show and TPTB say are the problems, like make mitchell an even bigger OTT dolt cowboy. Their way of saying those fans are the crazy ones and how can they NOT like the show the way it is.
                              omg! i can see it now.
                              jack would have to be the tin man, teal'c the cowardly lion(how about that for an oxy moron? I knowit doesn't fit, but go with me), Danny as the scarecrow. Hammond is the wizard and anubis the wicked witch.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                It is very likely that the ratings for the last two episodes will be higher than what we've been seeing in the last handful of episodes. The season finales in seasons 6,7, and 8 were very high---Lost City was 2.1 and Mobieus I and II were 2.3 and 2.4. The finales, like the premieres, are the highest rated episodes. So, I think they will be high. If not, then, yes this does not bode well for season 10 at all.

My one BIG problem with season 9 (and what I fear for season 10) is Mitchell. I do not like the way he has been written at all. I'm having trouble watching him--and that really saddens me. It saddens me because I like BB and because my enjoyment of my favorite show is so much less than it used to be. Mitchell, IMO, is not believable as leader AT ALL. He hasn't EARNED his place on the team, but particularly as leader or co-leader of SG-1. I have to suspend my belief so much to watch the show.

I just hope that Mitchell and Vala are integrated into the original team, the Big 3, rather than the Big 3 being the sidekicks of Mitchell and Vala in season 10. I really fear this in season 10. I'm stuck watching this show because I still really like Sam, and Sam with Daniel and Teal'c, and I possibly could like some of the storylines. I also like sam and mitchell as friends, and I think there is much potential with Sam and Vala. But will TPTB take advantage of this potential? Probably not if their goal is to promote Mitchell and Vala. If they do this, I think the ratings will continue to go downhill.
                                Great post and I completely agree

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X