S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    That's exactly what I thought when I first read the spoiler. I was like WTF, why does SHE have to be there? It does not make sence. She's a tag a long character. If they were smart they could get some non-senior actress to do that and use the money that they save on something more productive.

If I were Weir, I'd be concerned that this woman would try to steal something from Atlantis. Or that she would use the knowledge gleamed for her own conquests in the future. Who knows that might be her plan. Get rid of the Orii and pull a Ba'al.

Or better yet. if I were any female cast regular from Atlantis, I would be worried about replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      That's about the sum of it, isn't it? Vala goes to Atlantis to chase after Shep the Man-whore.
      I can see it now

McKay(sees Vala and Shepphard): Oh my God! He's Kirk, no, he's Chriton, no he's Daniel, wow, for the first time in my life I'm confused!
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        Or better yet. if I were any female cast regular from Atlantis, I would be worried about replacement.
        Nah, Vala is the sex kitten darling of SG-1. Sam, on the other hand, is now excess baggage. If anyone were to bump off an Atlantis character, it'd probably be Sam.

Comment

Nah, Vala is the sex kitten darling of SG-1. Sam, on the other hand, is now excess baggage. If anyone were to bump off an Atlantis character, it'd probably be Sam.
          Maybe they'll be militarizing Atlantis and replace Weir with Sam. Then we'll have two Lt. Col.s again! AH!!!!

Though here is an episode idea. The Atlantis team brings Vala on an away mission. I can see her trying to charm her way out of getting eaten by a Wraith. Oh and then the evil Orii that got her preggers, comes and whisks her away just before she's to become wraith food! Very dramatic and pretty pointless, but in the end, our dear sweet Vala, (who is ready to stab us in the back at any given moment) is saved. And now the Orii know about Pegasus because they are watching DANIEL AND VALA!!! They know who they are and they are keeping tabs. Idiots, why send them to Atlantis? So that they can look up a weapon that Merlin came up with after he ascended. After he left Atlantis? The same Merlin who was against Janus from developing a time machine. But oh, it was okay for him to make a weapon to kill ascended beings.

Another thing about this story line. If the Ancients came back, saw that the planet was run by primitive peoples with now hope of reclaiming their society. Then why not at least try? Perhaps go to another world in the gate network that isn't inhabited by humans. Kehb would have been nice, even go back to Dakara. Or try to contact the Asgard. They must have brought something with them when they went though the gate. Perhaps the Asgard could have lent them a hand in developing an infra structure to build off of. Meanwhile they could have traded with the Earth folk for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            Like Shepphard?
            That was my first thought. Lets take the worst sluts of both shows and put them together. The way Shep is written sometimes he would be more than willing to hand the keys over to atlantis to vala just to get some.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

That's about the sum of it, isn't it? Vala goes to Atlantis to chase after Shep the Man-whore.
              would you be mad at me if i said i wanted vala to *stay* at atlantis?

i know you love and want to protect atlantis, shadow, but i want to get rid of vala! and mitchell! let them both go over to a show i don't watch! sorry, shadow

btw, your avatar... jeez, that guy is gorgeous!!! *drools*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

so, this is now the bash shep and vala thread?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No, this is the anti S10 thread, of which Vala and Mitchell are a core part.

Right now my main hate is the idea of a character I loathe appearing on a show that I love. But perhaps I'll just take that to the anti S3 thread instead.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    would you be mad at me if i said i wanted vala to *stay* at atlantis?

i know you love and want to protect atlantis, shadow, but i want to get rid of vala! and mitchell! let them both go over to a show i don't watch! sorry, shadow
                    Heh, this is starting to sound like a game of "hot potato."

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Heh, this is starting to sound like a game of "hot potato."

Oh! I got it! Kill off Vala and send Claudia to BSG! She can be a Cylon!!! She would be a perfect Cylon, think about it! Wouldn't that be awesome. Both she and Lucy Lawless acting as Cylons! They can even make the guy that plays Ford a Cylon so that he has work! While we're at it, kill off Mitchell and make Ben a Cylon too! They need a real hottie Cylon boy toy on that show! Plus he has experience acting as ten different versions of himself from Ripple Effect! Wouldn't that be nice?

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        The news of "The Pegasus Project" is a little re-assuring, the plot sees fairly good, but I have two major issues.
                        One: It seems like S10 is going to be another "hunt for something the Ancients made" season, just as S7 was.
                        Two: Why does Vala need to be there? Sh isnt mentioned more than once in the spoilers, and the plot hardly seems like one that she will be any use in.

The SGA crossover, I have to admit, I think it is about time, but I cant help thinking that the plot would work equally as well on Earth, so again, my questionis WHY? TPTB seem to be making a lot of choices simply for the sake of making them.
                        Sorry, but for me is this everything but not reassuring. I had so hoped that the crap that happens on SG 1 will have no real influence on Atlantis. But reading this spoilers kills even this little hope. Vala on Atlantis...please NO!
                        I have no intention to watch this episode but I think it´s almost sure that this will be a kind of two parter which will continues with an Atlantis episode.

Maybe I´m paranoid but I could almost believe that TPTB make already plans how they can bring her beloved Vala to Atlantis for the case that SG 1 get cancelled after season 10.

But maybe is there still hope: Weir could think she is a very small Wraith and than bye, bye Vala

...hope dies last.

Comment

Yume, what a horrifying idea. Vala as a permanent fixture in Atlantis? *vomits*

I much prefer the idea of booting her off to BSG and making her a cylon. She can get killed off repeatedly while SG-1 and Atlantis both gain IQ points just from her absence.

Of course, knowing TPTB, they'd just find other, more horrible ways to make the shows stupid, and I'm a bit frightened to imagine what they could create that would be WORSE than Vala, but still. At least we'd be rid of Vala and maybe Claudia would have a chance to do something intelligent for a change.

Comment

then let me know when folks actually start discussing something again. Because all mindless ranting does - other than relieving stress - is make those that have misgivings look like....well mindless whiners

calm and rational go tons further than shallow bashage

All this does is make it easier for any concerns to be dismissed as simple bashing and make those that hold a dissenting opinion all that more easily dismissed
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I totally agree about the Vala thing, she is a regular, but IMO having Daniel alone would be fine, Vala isnt needed, what I was saying was reasuring was the plotline itself wasnt a bad one, unlike a certain season opener.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

OK, here's a question, then: What possible purpose could Vala serve by going to Atlantis? What value does she have to ANYTHING? Just because she "encountered" the Ori? Please. That's like saying Jonas deserves to hunt down Anubis because he was mind probed by him.

Comment

Working...
                                X