S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
    Hmm, let's see, didn't I hear something like that before?

TPTB: You dare mock me?

US: TPTB, this is us. Of course we dare mock you!

AFter all, it's "what we do." <<g>>
    See, that's my issue here. It's long since reached the point this season, where the entertainment I find in Stargate SG-1 is almost universally derived from mocking it. After having the PTB-Continuum actually underwhelm my worst expectations over and over and over and over in Season 9, mocking it was the only option left for me - and after that same festival of dreck that has been season 9, I find it unbelievable that the PTB-Continuum would actually intentionally do something to the show to make it easier to mock, and therefore intentionally increase my mocking/enjoyment of it. I think TPTB think the intergalactic flying toilet seats are cool. :gags:

Oh, if only we still had O'Neill to mock them for me...

O'Neill: The Orii are coming to get us?

Officer: So we believe, General O'Neill.

O'Neill: Those are the Orii ships?

Deep Space Telemetry Technician: Yes, sir.

O'Neill (eyebrows way up): They're coming to get us with a fleet of flying toilet seats???

Deep Space Telemetry Technician: Er...

Officer: We believe each ship is equipped with its own Stargate, General. Which would mean -

O'Neill: That they actually flush?

Officer: General, this is a very serious situation -

O'Neill: What? They lost the flying toilet paper holders in transit? Yeah, that is serious, all right.

Officer: General O'Neill -

O'Neill: Hold that thought. I'll be right back. All those toilet seats - I gotta take a leak.

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
      See, that's my issue here. It's long since reached the point this season, where the entertainment I find in Stargate SG-1 is almost universally derived from mocking it. After having the PTB-Continuum actually underwhelm my worst expectations over and over and over and over in Season 9, mocking it was the only option left for me - and after that same festival of dreck that has been season 9, I find it unbelievable that the PTB-Continuum would actually intentionally do something to the show to make it easier to mock, and therefore intentionally increase my mocking/enjoyment of it. I think TPTB think the intergalactic flying toilet seats are cool. :gags:

Oh, if only we still had O'Neill to mock them for me...

O'Neill: The Orii are coming to get us?

Officer: So we believe, General O'Neill.

O'Neill: Those are the Orii ships?

Deep Space Telemetry Technician: Yes, sir.

O'Neill (eyebrows way up): They're coming to get us with a fleet of flying toilet seats???

Deep Space Telemetry Technician: Er...

Officer: We believe each ship is equipped with its own Stargate, General. Which would mean -

O'Neill: That they actually flush?

Officer: General, this is a very serious situation -

O'Neill: What? They lost the flying toilet paper holders in transit? Yeah, that is serious, all right.

Officer: General O'Neill -

O'Neill: Hold that thought. I'll be right back. All those toilet seats - I gotta take a leak.

Swith the "O'Neill's" to "Mitchell" and I will put money on that happening.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

ratings picked up last week but not by much. there has been a gradual drop over the last month and a half though
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

what i think is most telling is that atl and bsg are kinda staying the same, but sg1 is fluctuating quite a bit.

one way to interpret that is that folks are not watching at 7 but are watching 8-10
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            one way to interpret that is that folks are not watching at 7 but are watching 8-10
            Well, er, yer It may be that there is something on another channel, and that people watch another showing of the episode within the next week.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

in another way, well bsg has hada steady decline. atl took a huge dive but is pulling itself up while sg1 had a jump...and has been nosediving ever since

teh 'fun' things about statisitcs, you can make them say whatever you want them to say
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yup, very true, which is why I tend to ignore statistics, they are totally and utterly unreliable IMO

Comment

The news of "The Pegasus Project" is a little re-assuring, the plot sees fairly good, but I have two major issues.
                  One: It seems like S10 is going to be another "hunt for something the Ancients made" season, just as S7 was.
                  Two: Why does Vala need to be there? Sh isnt mentioned more than once in the spoilers, and the plot hardly seems like one that she will be any use in.

The SGA crossover, I have to admit, I think it is about time, but I cant help thinking that the plot would work equally as well on Earth, so again, my questionis WHY? TPTB seem to be making a lot of choices simply for the sake of making them.

Comment

Reassuring? I think it's repulsive!
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala? In Atlantis??!!
                    Dear gods above, please spare us such a monumental piece of crap!

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Yup, very true, which is why I tend to ignore statistics, they are totally and utterly unreliable IMO
                      Statistics are reliable, it's the interpretations that get iffy.

While I dislike the idea of SG1's third ep, I like it far better than
                      Spoiler:
                      using up an Atlantis ep to showcase Vala. Keep Vala on SG1, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Reassuring? I think it's repulsive!
                        Spoiler:
                        Vala? In Atlantis??!!
                        Dear gods above, please spare us such a monumental piece of crap!
                        I agree with you on the Vala bit. The general idea of the ep is good, but Vala being there, and it even being set in Atlantis seems pointless (as always, all of the post is IMO)

Comment

I agree with you on the Vala bit. The general idea of the ep is good, but Vala being there, and it even being set in Atlantis seems pointless (as always, all of the post is IMO)
                          That's exactly what I thought when I first read the spoiler. I was like WTF, why does SHE have to be there? It does not make sence. She's a tag a long character. If they were smart they could get some non-senior actress to do that and use the money that they save on something more productive.

If I were Weir, I'd be concerned that this woman would try to steal something from Atlantis. Or that she would use the knowledge gleamed for her own conquests in the future. Who knows that might be her plan. Get rid of the Orii and pull a Ba'al.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                            If I were Weir, I'd be concerned that this woman would try to steal something from Atlantis.
                            Like Shepphard?

Comment

Like Shepphard?
                              That's about the sum of it, isn't it? Vala goes to Atlantis to chase after Shep the Man-whore.

Comment

Like Shepphard?
                                Ah! Maybe that's what she's there for! Making babies with Sheppard! It all makes sence now.

Comment

Working...
                                X