No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can TPTB and for that matter MS, AT and CJ not see the dumping down of this show?
    Why would those 3 actors want their previous work on "Stargate" be fogotten by what is going to essentually be a huge joke?

Even now their seems to be a lack of enthusiasm in their performances that I am not so sure are just due to thw writing.
    I wont be watching season 10. By that point--I will be over it.

Comment

you have to consider the actors here. to be blunt, you don't mess in the sandbox. and actors that have reps being pushy or obnoxious are less liekly to get jobs

you also have to pick your battles.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
        Thanks a lot -I can just see this happening!
        Maybe they can get a living ship - it will cut down on repairs (no Sam)
        and get an ethical potted plant (no Daniel).
        I'm going to go quietly to my room to cry.
        Oh...I SO wanted to green rep you for the"ethical potted plant" remark...but you know the drill...
        *makes reminder for later*

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
          How can TPTB and for that matter MS, AT and CJ not see the dumping down of this show?
          Why would those 3 actors want their previous work on "Stargate" be fogotten by what is going to essentually be a huge joke?

Even now their seems to be a lack of enthusiasm in their performances that I am not so sure are just due to thw writing.
          I wont be watching season 10. By that point--I will be over it.
          Well, work is work. It's not like folks are beating down their doors with exciting scripts for projects like fabulous movies and brand new tv series, otherwise they'd have ALL moved on by now.

I don't suppose that YOU enjoy what you do for a living every single hour of every single day, either. Yet you still do it until something better comes along, just like the rest of us. And if you went around bad-mouthing your boss and the company you worked for to any and all who would listen in your industry you would probably not get a lot of offers for a new job, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            yeah. mitch in peril. gee, THAT never happens
            *wonders how long it can olast for* [CJ] Previously on Stargate Mitchell: *mitchell stubs his toe* and now the conclusion[/CJ] *close up on mitchell getting a band-aid put on his toe* wow that one was tense

Oh, and Zoser, lol, just one suggestion, get rid of Teal'c too, we cant stop CB and BB from getting maximum screen time, as for Landry, well, we know how long the last two people to run the SGC lasted.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
              Lol, yes I did say that, and I would green rep you if it would let me too! lol

I stopped watching Xena before the whole Adria story line came into play and all. But I was wondering was she evil? And then turned good or something like that?

I have a feeling that this enemy that they keep aluding to is her. She'll be the Orii Queen or something like that. Who will have all the energy of those who are brainlessly following the Orii channeled into her, and will be able to use it to destroy the Ancients.

Oh and I think Cam would make a better Joxer, he's more into throwing himself into a situation half but backwards then Daniel is now a days.
              Yes, this is a bit of a 'pro' comment in the thread, but since you mentioned Xena... one thing I felt was "off" in boyh Hercules and Xena were the pacing... the whole Gabriel is preggers bit just panned out kinda sloppy in my opinion... her 'baby' was indeed evil, and came, was defeated, appeared again, it was just too much how often they brought her in and out, the same with Callisto, though I LOVED Callisto, probably one of my favorite villains.

The thing I like with SG-1, is, despite people's misgivings, I personally think the pacing has been good. I still like Xena and Hercules, but that always was a gripe I had with those shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                I LOVED Callisto, probably one of my favorite villains.
                THATS what they can do with Amanda! She can play Callisto while Lexa can play Xena, its all coming together!!!!
                Last edited by The Signal; 24 February 2006, 12:14 PM.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  *wonders how long it can olast for* [CJ] Previously on Stargate Mitchell: *mitchell stubs his toe* and now the conclusion[/CJ] *close up on mitchell getting a band-aid put on his toe* wow that one was tense

Oh, and Zoser, lol, just one suggestion, get rid of Teal'c too, we cant stop CB and BB from getting maximum screen time, as for Landry, well, we know how long the last two people to run the SGC lasted.

That was very funny. By the way "What's a Teal'c?
                  Last edited by LaCroix; 24 February 2006, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    That was very funny. By the way "What's a Teal'c?
                    I think it's a sort of wallpaper...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                      I think it's a sort of wallpaper...

The way things are, he's gonna be.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                        What's a Teal'c?
                        Huh? I dont know, why did I say that. A sort of cheese maybe? No, wait, S10 is cheesy, Teal'c is the wallpaper you were right

Comment

Do they create all this just to make the show easier to mock?

Hmm, let's see, didn't I hear something like that before?

TPTB: You dare mock me?

US: TPTB, this is us. Of course we dare mock you!

AFter all, it's "what we do." <<g>>
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

THATS what they can do with Amanda! She can play Callisto while Lexa can play Xena, its all coming together!!!!
                            YES! Though Lexa is preggers again. Maybe we can bring in the chick that played Doile as her replacement, or as Landry's other child.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                              Yes, this is a bit of a 'pro' comment in the thread, but since you mentioned Xena... one thing I felt was "off" in boyh Hercules and Xena were the pacing... the whole Gabriel is preggers bit just panned out kinda sloppy in my opinion... her 'baby' was indeed evil, and came, was defeated, appeared again, it was just too much how often they brought her in and out, the same with Callisto, though I LOVED Callisto, probably one of my favorite villains.

The thing I like with SG-1, is, despite people's misgivings, I personally think the pacing has been good. I still like Xena and Hercules, but that always was a gripe I had with those shows.

Callisto was a pretty interesting character. Though I don't know about the timing, some times they say a few months, then six months and I'm not sure what the time line is.

Comment

Huh? I dont know, why did I say that. A sort of cheese maybe? No, wait, S10 is cheesy, Teal'c is the wallpaper you were right
                                lol, no Dr Angus is cheesy!!!

(sorry, only the folks in the states that get this commercial will get this)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X