S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks
    Knowing that season 9 is going to end with a cliffhanger, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a season 10...
    Stargate slides off the cliff to oblivion.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Knowing that season 9 is going to end with a cliffhanger, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a season 10...
      Because each bad ep makes me sad and losing more of the time screen time for the the main characters to some new people I dont care about makes me sad. And because I have already seen the Xena.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Next week on Stargate SG-Mitchell;

Mitchell and his merry band of extras Rambo it up as they take on the Evil Oreos and their cookie shape ships of Dooommmmm.

These are no ordinary cookie shape ships as they are stuffed full of creamy prior filling and ready to dunk them into the goodness that is the Milky way.

Will our hero or any of his extras survive? He will because now our hero has a heroin and together they will stop those nutritious-less calories in their tracks!!!
        Evil Oreos. Wow...this is scary.

I posted this on the Anti-Season 9 thread back in JULY!
        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan...July 10th, 2005
        Many of us came to believe that RDA's decision to retire stemmed solely from the fact that he wanted to spend more time with his daughter, Wylie.

However, insiders at Bridge Studios have secretly leaked to me the minutes from the meeting where TPTB pitched Season 9 ideas to Richard Dean Anderson. As you will see from the following, there is a clear indication that his choice to leave was at least in part motivated by other issues.

Here's a snippet from this meeting:

Mr. Anderson sat quietly for several moments trying to absorb what Mr. Wright and Mr. Cooper had just said.

"So, what you're saying is...Oreo cookies are...evil?" Mr. Anderson finally asked.

Mr. Wright and Mr. Cooper shared a quick, confused glance at each other before responding.

"No, Rick, not Oreo cookies, the Ori," Mr. Wright finally explained with a grin.

"Because I give Wylie Oreos all the time with her lunch and she loves them," Mr. Anderson continued, clearly perplexed and not really hearing either Mr. Wright or Mr. Cooper.

"Um, Rick," Mr. Cooper tried again, "they're called the Ori. Like the word Origin? O-R-I...Neither spelled nor pronounced like Oreo."

Mr. Anderson nodded blankly before speaking.

"I'm sorry guys but...I just can't participate in a show that says Oreo cookies are evil."

And with that last statement, Mr. Anderson stood up and left the conference room.

A dumbstruck Mr. Wright moved that the meeting be adjourned. Mr. Cooper seconded the motion.

So at long last...the REAL reason behind Rick's leaving the series has FINALLY come to light.

I guess...great minds and all that. But then that would be a cliche and you know how I feel about cliches.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Evil Oreos. Wow...this is scary.

I posted this on the Anti-Season 9 thread back in JULY!I guess...great minds and all that. But then that would be a cliche and you know how I feel about cliches.

RDA was correct. Oreo cookies themselves are not evil.

But the chocolate-covered ones are evil incarnate!

(ÜberSG-1Fan: very amusing post!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

It's funny but I channeled Jack when writing what I thought RDA would say since I think personality-wise, Rick has brought so much of himself to Jack O'Neill.

And thanks...it made me giggle too when I originally wrote it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

fudge covered ones are even eviller
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Urg, theres a thread in GenGate with a pic of some concept art for the Ori ships

what were they thinking???? Toilet seat ships, can it get any worse?
                Season 9 went in the crapper - the ships fit the theme. And I find the positioning of the ships' internal stargates very amusing in light of the way the term 'flushing' is used to describe the erruption of plasma when a stargate forms a wormhole. Plasma vortex bidet drive...

Dr. Freud puns again - when the sprog is enthroned as the Oracle, she'll be seated on a porcelain (probably white, high fired glaze, et cetera) throne. One of the ships will be the seat of her power. If anyone gets pissy with the Ori, the ships are designed to handle it. Don't bother giving the Ori ships any sh*t. The Ori footsoldiers plan to be flush with success...

Do they create all this just to make the show easier to mock? It's almost too easy now.
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  snip
                  Dr. Freud puns again - when the sprog is enthroned as the Oracle, she'll be seated on a porcelain (probably white, high fired glaze, et cetera) throne. One of the ships will be the seat of her power. If anyone gets pissy with the Ori, the ships are designed to handle it. Don't bother giving the Ori ships any sh*t. The Ori footsoldiers plan to be flush with success...

Do they create all this just to make the show easier to mock? It's almost too easy now.
                  Ha, that's the best laugh I've had all day.

Comment

Erm, have you read what the main storyline for the season is? Seriously, i say buy a bag o' popcorn, watch some classic SG1 (in my case that can include S9) and if ya still feel that urge to watch the Adria story, watch Xena.

S10 is (in my head) now dubbed Xenagate - SG1 (stole the pun from someone, cant remember her name, i wanna say "Amanda Eros" but not 100% sure on that )
                    XENAGATE SG-1
                    Starring:

Claudia Black as Gabrielle Mal Duran
                    Michael Shanks as Joxer Jackson the Mighty
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

i wonder which nubile scantily clad actress will be cast as adira? cause you know that's gotta be coming. adira the sexy baddie

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i wonder which nubile scantily clad actress will be cast as adira? cause you know that's gotta be coming. adira the sexy baddie
                        Well, if they follow the Xena example, adult Adria will be played by Claudia.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          How much says they pick Renée O'Connor?
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

How much says they pick Renée O'Connor?
                            that would be way too priceless

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Well, if they follow the Xena example, adult Adria will be played by Claudia.
                              the advantage of doing that would certainly increase the appeal for claudia fans....it'd also give them two characters for the price of one since they wouldn't have to pay another actress to be adira

sigpic

Comment

Erm, have you read what the main storyline for the season is? Seriously, i say buy a bag o' popcorn, watch some classic SG1 (in my case that can include S9) and if ya still feel that urge to watch the Adria story, watch Xena.

S10 is (in my head) now dubbed Xenagate - SG1 (stole the pun from someone, cant remember her name, i wanna say "Amanda Eros" but not 100% sure on that )
                                XENAGATE SG-1
                                Starring:

Claudia Black as Gabrielle Mal Duran
                                Michael Shanks as Joxer Jackson the Mighty
                                I thought Michael Shanks was Xena... you know... Gabrielles uh, friend.
                                Depending on the day Mitchell can be Joxer. Then some other days he would be Hecules.

EDIT: Of course Xena and hercules were uh, friends too.... so I guess someone can start a DAM thread... if they havent already.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X