S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    And how long after that until they crash it?
    Why crash it when you can use it to save SG-1's backsides whenever you can't be bothered to think of an intelligent way out?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Why crash it when you can use it to save SG-1's backsides whenever you can't be bothered to think of an intelligent way out?
      At first I just figured they were designed like giant "O"s (for Ori)! Okay so I figured the writers have run out of ideas and are aiming for the obvious, which is pretty stupid, but then the ships are, too. lol

Then I wondered if they were designed to land AROUND something. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        At first I just figured they were designed like giant "O"s (for Ori)! Okay so I figured the writers have run out of ideas and are aiming for the obvious, which is pretty stupid, but then the ships are, too. lol

Then I wondered if they were designed to land AROUND something. Hmmm...
        Like a galactic game of ring toss?
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Two words: Gate paratroopers.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Well, okay, there's an element of crapper involved there, but the design concept is sound; essentially, each ship is a mobile Stargate. Why carry troops when you can carry a door?
            They cant do that (thouh they probably will) the gate has to be in a specific place, or it cannt access the GateNetwork, though whats a little plot hole compared to a crappy(pun definately intended) new ship that can help ALL of Sg-1's problems.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

so, season ten is supposed to be the season of the Big O?????

does that mean oprah?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                They cant do that (thouh they probably will) the gate has to be in a specific place, or it cannt access the GateNetwork, though whats a little plot hole compared to a crappy(pun definately intended) new ship that can help ALL of Sg-1's problems.
                See above, re Gate paratroopers.

The ship comes in on a planet and overrides the existing Gate (it's not even a stretch to suggest that the Ori can do that). Then they dial up the planet's address and drop troops through from a secure base to their glowy, flamey hearts' content.

Comment

See above, re Gate paratroopers.

The ship comes in on a planet and overrides the existing Gate (it's not even a stretch to suggest that the Ori can do that). Then they dial up the planet's address and drop troops through from a secure base to their glowy, flamey hearts' content.
                  Why do they need their own troops? They could just land AROUND the enemy forces/city/stargate and beam them away to some remote place...

Wait, I think that's The Trouble With Tribbles...

Comment

Why do they need their own troops? They could just land AROUND the enemy forces/city/stargate and beam them away to some remote place...

Wait, I think that's The Trouble With Tribbles...
                    Well they seem to be regular Gates, so you coudln't land around much.

Comment

Well they seem to be regular Gates, so you coudln't land around much.
                      Well I didn't say it was a GOOD idea. We are talking about the S10 writers, ya know.

Comment

Well I didn't say it was a GOOD idea. We are talking about the S10 writers, ya know.
                        As good as anything else they have come up with
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Good way to provoke dissent and heresy in the ranks.

"Hah! Got another one! How many left?"
                          "Six thousand, three hundred and ninety-nine."
                          "Do you ever wonder why we bother?"

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            Urg, theres a thread in GenGate with a pic of some concept art for the Ori ships

what were they thinking???? Toilet seat ships, can it get any worse?
                            Next week on Stargate SG-Mitchell;

Mitchell and his merry band of extras Rambo it up as they take on the Evil Oreos and their cookie shape ships of Dooommmmm.

These are no ordinary cookie shape ships as they are stuffed full of creamy prior filling and ready to dunk them into the goodness that is the Milky way.

Will our hero or any of his extras survive? He will because now our hero has a heroin and together they will stop those nutritious-less calories in their tracks!!!
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Knowing that season 9 is going to end with a cliffhanger, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a season 10...

Comment

Because season 9 has been mostly...um... rubbish?

Friendly reminder for newbies and not so newbies:

Read thread title.
                                Focus on the last 5 words.
                                Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X