S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Now that would be a show that I would watch for ooooh say 7 or 8 seasons. .
    OH yeah. Sign me up!

Seriously though - RDA said he has been approached from other networks about producing another show. He said not right now (which I hope to mean yes sometime in the future.)
    Hmmm... I dunno. I thought he was approached by The Big Three? If anything, I wouldn't blame him if he took on something with them.

Comment

Off of work today. Xena was on...stopped to watched it and then realized it was the later season baby arc and turned the channel as fast as possible. I predict a similar automated response to Stargate Mondays in the future.

I will turn it on and if it is S1-8 I will stop to watch.... S9 I will see what ep is on... S10 turned the channel as fast as possible.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Umm, yeah

Spoiler: Valas baby is going to rapidly age, so it like... WONT be a baby, itll be like, a teenager... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
          Umm, yeah

Spoiler: Valas baby is going to rapidly age, so it like... WONT be a baby, itll be like, a teenager... yeah.
          Which was the Xena plot.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah well then how exactly can you call it a baby plot if it involves someone who ISNT a baby?

Comment

Yeah well then how exactly can you call it a baby plot if it involves someone who ISNT a baby?
              They start out as a baby and then are aged rapidly. So I call it the baby plot because it starts out as a baby. The fact that it stupidly ages really fast doesnt change the fact that it started with a baby.

Comment

I suppose so...

But seriously AGateFan, Are you not even gonna give season 10 a chance?

Does no one here think that the past few episodes have been better this season? Did NO ONE like Ethon?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  They start out as a baby and then are aged rapidly. So I call it the baby plot because it starts out as a baby. The fact that it stupidly ages really fast doesnt change the fact that it started with a baby.
                  It'll be a baby plot for a good one or two eps, then it'll be a raging-hormonal teenager plot for three more. By the mid-season cliffhanger, it'll be an all-powerful-megalomaniacal adult woman plot.

Is that about right?

Comment

No actually, She turns into a teenager half way through the first episode she is in, and then I think she may be in eppy 2, then I don't think she is in the ones after that for a while

Comment

the babies always age rapidly cause child labor laws are a pain and it's not much of a threat if it lays there and drools

I literally can't think of a single show that has brought in a baby plot where it's worked short of a daytime soap opera
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I suppose so...

Does no one here think that the past few episodes have been better this season? Did NO ONE like Ethon?
                        Ethon was ok, much like Heros 2 I probably wont watch it again.. not really my type of ep. Stronghold was very much not good IMHO. I did like Ripple effect and Collateral damage wasn’t bad but mostly other then RE I really don’t have a desire to watch any of these again. I think the next 3 eps could go either way. Tonight’s is a gou'ald ep so I have hope, but the pimping of the leather outfits makes that hope minimal. The Scourge looks like a good one off ep which I like and Arthurs Mantel seems (from the pics) that it could be a teal'c ep, which I like... but then stronghold was supposed to be a teal'c ep and they ruined that with the crpy B plot so again my hope is minimal.

As for S10. The baby plot I think starts at the end of S9 so it depends on how that cliffhanger goes. I will probably watch it (s10) unless there is anything else on I find more interesting. There is always the chance they can turn this around but right now I am not very hopeful.

Comment

Hmm... other babies besides Xena's that have aged rapidly. Shufu, but he only aged to about an eight year old. And, Liam Kincad from Earth Final Contact, he aged to an adult in about twenty four hours. Though the actor was really hot, so that was okay. Just kidding... the whole let's age the baby deal is so cliche, and we don't need Jack O'Neill to point that out.

Anyway, who do we think will help Earth beat the Orii, Anubus? Oma? Shufu? Skarra and the Abadonians, or all of them going to war at the same time with the Orii. Who by the way has broken that rule about changing humanity's destiny. They supply plans on how to build ships and weapons, Orlin just gave one civilization a weapon, and the others destroyed those people and left him stranded there. Unless the Orii live in a galaxy so far away that they are on parallel plans of existance.

Comment

Let's see: No--I've already given season 9 way too much of a chance; No--they are still terrible; and No--I thought Ethon was an incredible waste of time, spent way too much time on big explosions and made all of the characters idiots.

Now, a question for you: what is it about "pro" fans? Do you have trouble with English? Part of the title of this thread--and the one in season 9, where you have also posted--is "For complaints and misgivings ONLY." This is not the place for you to praise season 10 (or 9) or to expect the anti's to have to explain themselves to you. We don't post negative comments in the Pro thread; please do us the same courtesy.

J.
                            Last edited by DarkQuee1; 11 February 2006, 02:11 PM.
                            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Okay, let me make this clear, i am 100% pro-season 9 (except Beachead which was painfull and the cliched [i wont even do the Jack joke, aww screw it "And you know how i feel about cliches"] Lucian Allience) but Season 10 looks like its going to be the breaking point where the show drifts into pointlessness and ultimately cancellation. TPTB are claiming there will be a "Contraversial Arc" for Daniel, whats the frakking point? The show is about SG1, and it is far from the "Daniel and Vala try to turn Vala's teenage girl into a good person show", an episode for Daniel to go dark would be fine but NO! it has to be an arc which will very likely take up a big chunk of the season, I like Vala and I like Daniel, but the first four episodes of S9 were basically focused on them, and only them, and while that is okay for an ep or two per season, it is going to get overdone.
                              Now then, all I can say to the whole baby (Adria?) storyline is WTF? Okay all ideas have been done before somewhere or another (Collateral Damage, Arthurs Mantle storylines) but come on! The frakking "evil baby" storyline ha been done to death, at least do something origional PLEASE!!!!At first it sounded pretty great, but the more I think about the worse it seems. I say TPTB scrap the Ori storyline, which IMO was a good idea, poorly executed, and go back to the good ol' days of gatetravel and Goa'uld and prevent the disaster that is Season 10 from ever happening. [/rant]
                              Last edited by The Signal; 16 February 2006, 10:20 AM.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

thought id post this up, might be interesting to keep track of the ratings

people were saying that when the ratings dropped weeks ago that it was nothing to worry about because it was only 1 week and you shouldnt start worrying unless it becomes a trend. well, im gunna see if it becomes a trend

will keep this updated over the weeks
                                - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Working...
                                X