S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

jack would. bout the time vala's super baby made its grand appearance he'd be mocking it
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yawn Season 10 at the mo looks so sucky just a repeat of Old episodes blended with a little of that 'Prior Magic'. Its gonna make me cringe. Unless they bring back Shifu or something knowing the writers theyll pretend he never existed. Come on this is so Chliche It will sadly make me laugh if the ratings start to drop. What we need is big space battles Asguard V Orii , Nox and Furlings and all the other things that the writers have forgotten !!
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        Yawn Season 10 at the mo looks so sucky just a repeat of Old episodes blended with a little of that 'Prior Magic'. Its gonna make me cringe. Unless they bring back Shifu or something knowing the writers theyll pretend he never existed. Come on this is so Chliche It will sadly make me laugh if the ratings start to drop. What we need is big space battles Asguard V Orii , Nox and Furlings and all the other things that the writers have forgotten !!
        Im not sure we need big space battles, I would be happy with just some exploring through that big round thing... whats it called... oh yea Stargate. I would be nice to have a little action with that whole SG-1.... team ... it is a team isnt it? That would be good too.

I also really, really, really and I mean REALLY dont need yet another look at another (spoiler for s10)
        Spoiler:
        Super Baby plot. Saw my fill on Xena and it sounds like the same plot.

You know come to think if it, it was the silly baby plot that ruined Farscape for me too. I know true scrapers loved it, but I wasnt watching the show for the baby ship (well maybe Taylon) just for the other coolness in it but that got broke and I, like many others, stopped watching it. Now they are bringing the same dynamic to Stargate .... yeah, lets make this show like two other cancelled shows, good logic
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

you know, i think the only super baby plot i'm even remotely interested in is the one on bsg. largely because, well i don't see them turning it into some farce like xena did, or like i think SG will

sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...odesnext.shtml

meep

this whole S10 thing is imo just getting worse not sure how anyone else feels about this. I mean MS has every right to take time off, but is it just me or does anyone else feel the show is going to be very very different?

S10....no Jack, Sams missing for about 5 episodes, Daniels missing for 4 episodes, Chris' character hasnt really been given much to do, no Hammond, no Janet, barely any Goauld, Vala joining the show full time...is it really the same show? I mean what exactly do they have to celebrate in episode 200? because this sure as hell isnt SG-1 anymore
            - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
              I mean what exactly do they have to celebrate in episode 200? because this sure as hell isnt SG-1 anymore

that's cause they ain't making Stargate SG-1 anymore. It's Farcegate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                that's cause they ain't making Stargate SG-1 anymore. It's Farcegate.
                Yes, yes they are.

When are TPTB gonna pull their head out of their you know what and start treating Stargate like the next best thing. When the original Star Trek aired they had no idea what they had and they didn't catch on either. But then they did and it was all better. Now you would amagine that if a show goes for ten seasons they would have caught on by now. There isn't even a video game yet. Just the online alone would make it big. And I could argue and debate in the forum and then we can say we are bored and form a team and stomp people that don't know how to work the ring transports. O' damn it that's Mitch.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

See I dont get the whole "things must change or die". Ok sure that is theoretically correct. Over a period of time, things must change or die. But when something is going along fine (say for 8 years and renewed for 9) change isnt really required. In fact in that case it is kind of a 'bait and switch' because the people who have been there for 8 years were expecting some specific quality in S9 but instead were given a new show.

Stargate SG-1 with Landry, Mitchell, Garek may have been good but we will never know because they decided to 'go another direction' (south in MHO). And Lam... sorry, I liked Lexia in other things fine but the Dr is the freaking base commanders kid, what a bunch of complete Soap Opra crp. And now Mitch is Soap Opra number two with all his life long Angst and weekely getting the crp beat out of him. Gee cant wait for the whole 'mother loves daughter' and 'poor, poor, slaver who only became a slaver because some evil symbiot got into her, so all her actions are now justified' storylines.

What happened to SG-1?
                  I think I am going to now start ascribing to the "Jack was wrong theory". At the end of mobieus this universe is indeed NOT "close enough".
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                    this whole S10 thing is imo just getting worse not sure how anyone else feels about this. I mean MS has every right to take time off, but is it just me or does anyone else feel the show is going to be very very different?
                    I've been pondering this and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea that MS will be absent for a few. For me, the show is already so messed up and I so dislike what I see Daniel's role becoming, that to have him out of it, giving him less chances to interact with Vala, looks like a good thing.

I was a big Daniel fan for years, and although I still love MS I dislike what Daniel is now, and fear the situtaion will getting worse in S10. I truly believe that if S10 is not the end, S11 will be sans AT and MS. The quicker they jump off this ship the better, IMHO. Who knows...maybe BB and CB can have a brand new show that is a big hit without the old cast. Stranger things have happened. But it won't be Stargate. And I miss Stargate so. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      What happened to SG-1?
                      I think I am going to now start ascribing to the "Jack was wrong theory". At the end of mobieus this universe is indeed NOT "close enough".
                      Pretty ironic, isn't it? Close enough, indeed.

I'm with Sky: Farcegate. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        I've been pondering this and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea that MS will be absent for a few. For me, the show is already so messed up and I so dislike what I see Daniel's role becoming, that to have him out of it, giving him less chances to interact with Vala, looks like a good thing.

I was a big Daniel fan for years, and although I still love MS I dislike what Daniel is now, and fear the situtaion will getting worse in S10. I truly believe that if S10 is not the end, S11 will be sans AT and MS. The quicker they jump off this ship the better, IMHO. Who knows...maybe BB and CB can have a brand new show that is a big hit without the old cast. Stranger things have happened. But it won't be Stargate. And I miss Stargate so. :-(
                        Maybe AT and MS could get together with RDA and produce a new show about Traveling through worm holes and exploring the galaxy - it could work.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                          Maybe AT and MS could get together with RDA and produce a new show about Traveling through worm holes and exploring the galaxy - it could work.
                          "Going to Other Planets"???

Martin would have to make more guest appearances.

Comment

The sad thing is, at this point Wormhole X-treme! would probably be better than Stargate. And I'd probably watch it. LOL!

Comment

Martin would have to make more guest appearances.
                              And CJ would ultimately have to quit Farcegate so he could join the cast.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zoser
                                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                And CJ would ultimately have to quit Farcegate so he could join the cast.

Now that would be a show that I would watch for ooooh say 7 or 8 seasons. .

Seriously though - RDA said he has been approached from other networks about producing another show. He said not right now (which I hope to mean yes sometime in the future.)
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 15 February 2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X