S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    That sounds suspiciously like you are requesting logic.
    You're right. Whatever was I thinking?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      I think that Mitchell would have been a much better addition as a new member of the SG1 team rather than the leader. His amazement at the stargate, wormhole travel, and new worlds could have been played up even more to reinvigorate older viewers and give newer viewers something to connect to. I really like his newbie sense of wonder, but I just don't think it works on the supposed leader of the elite stargate team.
      I think it all comes down to the fact that he was hired to be the new male lead, at least that's how it seems to me. (...Regardless of anyone's personal opinion, including mine, that in no way would he be in charge of the team with his lack of experience through the gate, etc.) And that the producers could not conceive of the male lead being of a lesser rank or serving under a female officer. So they upped him to Lt. Col. and we now have all this hullabaloo about co-leadership, etc.

The only way out of this mess would be to promote him further at the end of S9 or the beginning of S10. Which doesn't seem to make sense at the moment, but hey, when have TPTB ever requested plots that made sense? And exactly HOW many times has Sam saved the planet now? Hmmm???

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        And exactly HOW many times has Sam saved the planet now? Hmmm???
        Apparently saving the world counts for little or nothing. Oh wait, it is worthy of an Air Medal. Now heroically getting shot down in a firefight... THAT qualifies as CMOH stuff and a free ticket to whatever duty assignment you want...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Apparently saving the world counts for little or nothing. Oh wait, it is worthy of an Air Medal. Now heroically getting shot down in a firefight... THAT qualifies as CMOH stuff and a free ticket to whatever duty assignment you want...
          Kinda seems a bit out of whack doesnt it?
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Kinda seems a bit out of whack doesnt it?
            Just a wee, tiny bit.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
              The first space shuttle flight was in April 1981. That would make Mitchell only 34/35 years old. Seems a little young to be a Lt. Colonel.
              Don't forget he was a Lt. Col at the time of Lost City.
              Apparently a 32yr old Lt. Col. and top flight squadron leader is a pretty normal state of affairs in the USAF.

And they call Sam a Mary Sue...

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                Don't forget he was a Lt. Col at the time of Lost City.
                Apparently a 32yr old Lt. Col. and top flight squadron leader is a pretty normal state of affairs in the USAF.

And they call Sam a Mary Sue...
                We have only begun to see what real writers can do with Mary Sue.
                Just wait till next year.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

We have only begun to see what real writers can do with Mary Sue.
                  Just wait till next year.
                  i can't wait for them to work in the naturally curly hair
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

The whole opening of Season 9 had me scratching my head. It was like *press reset button*

New show.

And then go back and have back story he's great! YAY Cam! *woot*

How many times did Jack and co save the planet? I think there was even a joking reference made about it in Season 4's opener, "this should not get old General."
                    I love Jack O'Neill. That about covers it.

Glitz Gal
                    http://www.ancientrealm.net/

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...lltoseas.shtml

how do you think that will affect things?

we know scifi are all about their ratings, and sure this is only a drop for 1 week, but if this trend continues, then will the writers have to look at S10 in a different way? change things up maybe? or possibly bringing back some old SG? ...i dunno...
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

i think it'll be discussed only if the trend continues....and even then only if they can't find something to excuse it. sun spots, a mass hostage situation something to blame the ratings fall on other than 'folks are getting bored and turning off the set'

course, these ratings are also good for bsg. for whatever reason, people are tuning in for sg (less than have before, less hang around for atlantis, but they come back for bsg)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i think it'll be discussed only if the trend continues....and even then only if they can't find something to excuse it. sun spots, a mass hostage situation something to blame the ratings fall on other than 'folks are getting bored and turning off the set'

course, these ratings are also good for bsg. for whatever reason, people are tuning in for sg (less than have before, less hang around for atlantis, but they come back for bsg)
                          I'll go with RDA's lessened availability (patented PTB answer for past mistakes).

In fact here's the post where I outline what I see wrong with the show now, with a particular focus on RDA at the beginning... http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1939

So...it's still RDA's fault. Works for me.

Short of that I think there was an earthquake in south Uzbekistan that really put a dent in the numbers.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I'll go with RDA's lessened availability (patented PTB answer for past mistakes).

In fact here's the post where I outline what I see wrong with the show now, with a particular focus on RDA at the beginning... http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1939

So...it's still RDA's fault. Works for me.

Short of that I think there was an earthquake in south Uzbekistan that really put a dent in the numbers.
                            I agree with ya, I think it is because of RDA, and new episodes on the networks (NBC, ABC, etc.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Hard to tell. All of the Skiffy shows lost points between the second half premieres and the episodes last Friday - SG1 lost 0.2, Atlantis lost a whopping 0.4, and BSG lost 0.2, so I think this is more of a overall thing rather than just exclusive to Stargate. I'm interested in seeing what's going to happen tomorrow. One would assume Ripple Effect would bring in viewers and Critical Mass was a good Atlantis ep. If they also have poor numbers I'll start getting concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...lltoseas.shtml

how do you think that will affect things?

we know scifi are all about their ratings, and sure this is only a drop for 1 week, but if this trend continues, then will the writers have to look at S10 in a different way? change things up maybe? or possibly bringing back some old SG? ...i dunno...
                                What is the matter with you now!?!?!?!
                                TPTB DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES.... EVER.

Geesh, some people.

(Just to clarify for all the Anti-AGateFans out there... I am not grinning at bad ratings. I hate bad ratings. Bad ratings make me sad . I am grinning at my comment.... because I think I am so clever ..... especially when I am bored.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X