S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    They haven't had and "Amazing Race" ripoff...wait...they did.

Let me try again...

Oh let's see: V, Angel, Xena, Buffy (Dawn), and from what I've seen on BSG-that too.

Also I just got back looking a OS and their talking about "sides" and some of the plot. Does anyone here understand what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I knew, I knew, I knew that when they planned on writing in the pregnancy, they were gonna play Search for the Super Baby!! TM
      For those of you who followed Xfiles to the bitter end AND read the Television Without Pity write ups, I have some names to offer in reference to the baby.

the miraclealienbaby....or, as it later came to be called: the NOTmiracleNOTalienbaby!

That's all I can think of in reference to the baby storyline.

And, to respond to the person who wished CB's character from FS was the type they'd see on Prometheus Unbound: She would have killed Daniel right off except for the fact that he looks a little like Crichton.

Gotta give some credit though--I was happy they didn't try to re-package CB's FS character on SG1. That would have been a bad idea. I too would like some more subtle writing of the new characters--they're either in your face or TOO subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
        And, to respond to the person who wished CB's character from FS was the type they'd see on Prometheus Unbound: She would have killed Daniel right off except for the fact that he looks a little like Crichton.
        LOL That was me, and what I said was that I wished for similiar quality in the writing for CB as she had in PWars, not the same character. It was BB's FS personality that I thought would have made a good crossover character. I never meant that either of them should be lifted out of one show and dropped into SG1. It would have been nice if the quality of the writing (depth of character, backstory, humor, etc.) had been the same in the new show they both ended up in.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
          Oh let's see: V, Angel, Xena, Buffy (Dawn), and from what I've seen on BSG-that too.

Also I just got back looking a OS and their talking about "sides" and some of the plot. Does anyone here understand what that is?
          there are casting web sites out there where 'sides' are published, pages from the scripts containing the dialogue for the character they're trying to cast. if you pay the subscription, you can gain access to these script pages and thus gain some insight into what the script was like at some point in time.

it's rarely more than a page or two at a time and are always subject to change since the casting can be done off version 3 and version 23 is what's actually taped
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Let me add Starman to the list of "homages".

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              there are casting web sites out there where 'sides' are published, pages from the scripts containing the dialogue for the character they're trying to cast. if you pay the subscription, you can gain access to these script pages and thus gain some insight into what the script was like at some point in time.

it's rarely more than a page or two at a time and are always subject to change since the casting can be done off version 3 and version 23 is what's actually taped

Thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

i jsut wanna know if daniel is gonna play xena, does that mean he's gonna run aorund in a short leather skirt and bustier???? oh and swinging a big sword. oh my, cam might get jealous. i thought swordplay was what he was hired for

sigpic

Comment

i jsut wanna know if daniel is gonna play xena, does that mean he's gonna run aorund in a short leather skirt and bustier???? oh and swinging a big sword. oh my, cam might get jealous. i thought swordplay was what he was hired for
                  Well Xena did play with the circle thing more then her sword. Joxer the Mightily was the 'great sword man'... Plus his brother was named Jet.... coincidence? I think not.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    LOL That was me, and what I said was that I wished for similiar quality in the writing for CB as she had in PWars, not the same character. It was BB's FS personality that I thought would have made a good crossover character. I never meant that either of them should be lifted out of one show and dropped into SG1. It would have been nice if the quality of the writing (depth of character, backstory, humor, etc.) had been the same in the new show they both ended up in.
                    LOL--my new friend Seshat!

I misread, as I tend to do. I feel like Gilda Radner's Emily LaTella back in the Saturday Night Live hey days of the 70s..."never mind" was her sign off because she always got things wrong, ranted, then had to say never mind.

Never mind.

To be fair, PKW had 88 episodes of backstory to get those character moments. Mark this post, I just defended SG1 season 9 writing At any rate, yes, that quality of character depth and writing would have been nice. I appreciate the fact that CB gets to do silly stuff and smile a lot as Vala--she smiled more as Vala than she did in about 3 seasons of FS. But, yeah, better writing is always welcome.

Based on the miraclealienbaby spoilers, I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Thank whatever power in the universe that there wasn't any more than a drop left in my sodacan. Or I might just have to go get another monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        So it looks like
                        Spoiler:
                        the miracle baby is going to be the cliche that could destroy them all rather than the cliche that could save them all. Unless Vala manages to persuade her sweetie to come back from the dark side. Eeesh...

Having SuperBaby mature at an amazing rate immediately reminded me of that Trek:TNG episode where Troi had that alien baby. If only the Stargate spawn could also be confined to one episode and never spoken of again afterwards.

Ooh, maybe ValaSpawn and Orlin, who has miraculously recovered, could face off in the ultimate pre-teen battle to determine the fate of the universe!

TV show + baby = bad bad bad. I want a scream button on my computer too.
                        A cliché by any other name would smell as...well, you know.

I still say we petition TPTB for the rights to acquire the Star Child from V to do battle against the Evil Sproglette (-ette because "It's a Girl!" /me passes out imaginary cigars upon the joyous news).

Then TPTB would simply need to get the rights from George Lucas to use the terms "The Force" and "The Dark Side."

After that, all we'd have left to do would be to purchase our ringside seats for this "rock your socks" all out clash betwixt the Star Child and the Sproglette (trademark pending).

Too bad this major bout won't be in a ring of jello.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

hey, at least they didn't call her elizabeth and she didn't have a forked tongue

see, this is why amanda said she'd not have a baby while she was on the show (when she was asked back in season 3-4 ish), it wasn't totally time management, it's that she was afriad what the writers would do with the pregnancy

sigpic

Comment

hey, at least they didn't call her elizabeth and she didn't have a forked tongue

see, this is why amanda said she'd not have a baby while she was on the show (when she was asked back in season 3-4 ish), it wasn't totally time management, it's that she was afriad what the writers would do with the pregnancy
                            yeah and Amanda thought Season 8 was it, so she decided to have a baby, but she was proved wrong, and there was a Season 9 (and 10)
                            sigpic

Comment

well, at least it's not sam's child that this'll happen to.

sigpic

Comment

well, at least it's not sam's child that this'll happen to.
                                true, I want Sam to have Jack's kid (the original one)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X