S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    From Gateworld's spoilers re Vala's miracle child: "But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world"

Myself, I think a lot of people could have - and, in fact, did - predict most of what's being spoiled there.
    oh good grief!!!

you know, i was so hoping i was wrong with s10 being the search for the super baby!!! TM

quick, somone get me some crackers for all this cheese
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are they serious. A super baby!!! The same people who are waiting with baited breath for this occurance would have set fire to Bridge Studio had they decided earlier to have Sam and Jack have a child. One would assume that this child would have had the knowledge of the ancients. Wow, we should write them and give them this idea. Then it could be GOOD BABY vs EVIL BABY.

I wish a computer had a scream button.

Comment

Perhaps Cooper and co have been reading this thread for some ideas. I can't believe this is actually the way they're going to do it....well, actually, I can believe it, which makes me very sad.
        sigpic

Comment

I knew, I knew, I knew that when they planned on writing in the pregnancy, they were gonna play Search for the Super Baby!! TM

There's so much more that they can do. Sure one of the underlying concepts initially was to find Sha're and Skaara, but they were also traveling to other worlds, gathering alliances, and defeating the Goa'uld.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
            Are they serious. A super baby!!! The same people who are waiting with baited breath for this occurance would have set fire to Bridge Studio had they decided earlier to have Sam and Jack have a child. One would assume that this child would have had the knowledge of the ancients. Wow, we should write them and give them this idea. Then it could be GOOD BABY vs EVIL BABY.

I wish a computer had a scream button.
            But we already HAVE a good baby, don't we? His name is Shifu.

Oh, the agony...

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              So they're making the child a harsesis, eh? And Vala will join the team to track down her daughter who's evil and try and reform her. Hmm...sounds a bit like a season of Xena, where she went in search of her daughter (who aged thanks to Xena being stuck in an ice cave) who had become evil and bent on conquering the world.
              Its EXACTLY the plot of Xena.... oye.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Its EXACTLY the plot of Xena.... oye.
                Keep saying to yourself, "It's just another HOMAGE, it's just another HOMAGE..."

Do you think they have any shows left from which to rip off plots? Hmmm???

Comment

You know, I watched Xena. It was a stupid little show, but fun for a diversion.... until they did the whole Gabrele super baby thing then I thought "this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen and stopped watching it". And I WAS watching that show in the first place with full knowledge that it was a stupid silly little show.

Now I got Stargate. Stargate my absolute favorite show. The show I have worked hard to convince other people to try out and watch over the years. Becuase it was a SMART, fun, entertaining, action adventure show. Now this show is running the same god aweful script that was so bad it made me turn off a show that I knew was supposed to be campy and stupid.

How, how, how, how, how does this happen? Really? I am in such utter disbelief, this cant be real, it cant be, it just CANT BE.

It must be karma, I must have done something really, really bad. I dont know what, and I apologize for whatever it was.... HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

So it looks like
                    Spoiler:
                    the miracle baby is going to be the cliche that could destroy them all rather than the cliche that could save them all. Unless Vala manages to persuade her sweetie to come back from the dark side. Eeesh...

Having SuperBaby mature at an amazing rate immediately reminded me of that Trek:TNG episode where Troi had that alien baby. If only the Stargate spawn could also be confined to one episode and never spoken of again afterwards.

Ooh, maybe ValaSpawn and Orlin, who has miraculously recovered, could face off in the ultimate pre-teen battle to determine the fate of the universe!

TV show + baby = bad bad bad. I want a scream button on my computer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      I cant believe there is already an anti season 10 thread. damn, at least wait till we know whats going to happen.
                      They have published the spoilers for the season premier of season 10. So I guess we do know what’s going to happen. It starts off something like this
                      Spoiler:

Gabriele (uh I mean Vala) has a daughter who is really the spawn of the devil (uh I mean Ori). The kid whose name is Hope (uh I mean Adria) ages at a very rabid rate. Now as a near adult she will be the key for the devil (damn I mean Ori) to destroy the annoying gods... (erm ancients). Gabriele (dam again mean Vala) looovvveess her daughter Hope (rats... Adria) and wishes to turn her away from her plot because we know that even though the gods (shucks ancients) are annoying they at least are not as eevvvillll as the devil (...Ori...)

I could go on and on like this.. I bet it is the exact same plot... Daniel = Xena. Much Gabiele\Xena (Daniel\Vala) angst to come (to bad for the guys who like seeing the other team play). Mitchell = Joxer or could he be Autolocas and they may make Carter Joxer.... Teal'c I guess he is Hercules.. still big and famous to the locals, cool and powerful but ultimately irrelevant to the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

Do you think they have any shows left from which to rip off plots? Hmmm???

They haven't had and "Amazing Race" ripoff...wait...they did.

Let me try again...
                        sigpic

Comment

From what I've read about the first eppy. I see the first half being it and the second half being cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            From Gateworld's spoilers re Vala's miracle child: "But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world"

Myself, I think a lot of people could have - and, in fact, did - predict most of what's being spoiled there.
                            Honestly... It's almost like TP didn't notice the sarcastic tone in which many of the fans who called it described next season's flights of fancy. I honestly hoped all of those who TOTALLY called it were wrong, but they weren't.

And that just disturbs me.

Comment

Now this show is running the same god aweful script that was so bad it made me turn off a show that I knew was supposed to be campy and stupid.

How, how, how, how, how does this happen? Really? I am in such utter disbelief, this cant be real, it cant be, it just CANT BE.

It must be karma, I must have done something really, really bad. I dont know what, and I apologize for whatever it was.... HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?
                              How can this happen- well IMO see author of S10 premiere and showrunner since S7 (see also idiotic suits getting too involved).

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard since Xena in general and yes that was a camp-i- up sci-fi show where you EXPECTED cheese balls and cheese heads this, this WAS intelligent, well written drama now it's just crap.

Who didn't guess that the child would be engineered and oh looky surprise surprise - Vala and Danny together again. I hope he's not her lapdog as much as in S9 - 1-5 but, for me, hope is gone so let the cheese spread.
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 11 January 2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

They have published the spoilers for the season premier of season 10. So I guess we do know what’s going to happen. It starts off something like this
                                Spoiler:

Gabriele (uh I mean Vala) has a daughter who is really the spawn of the devil (uh I mean Ori). The kid whose name is Hope (uh I mean Adria) ages at a very rabid rate. Now as a near adult she will be the key for the devil (damn I mean Ori) to destroy the annoying gods... (erm ancients). Gabriele (dam again mean Vala) looovvveess her daughter Hope (rats... Adria) and wishes to turn her away from her plot because we know that even though the gods (shucks ancients) are annoying they at least are not as eevvvillll as the devil (...Ori...)

I could go on and on like this.. I bet it is the exact same plot... Daniel = Xena. Much Gabiele\Xena (Daniel\Vala) angst to come (to bad for the guys who like seeing the other team play). Mitchell = Joxer or could he be Autolocas and they may make Carter Joxer.... Teal'c I guess he is Hercules.. still big and famous to the locals, cool and powerful but ultimately irrelevant to the plot.
                                Doesn't it seem hypocritical, bordering on farcical really, that TPTB say they cannot read or use fan ideas (ideas that are SOOOOO much better then the crap they are putting out these days) but they can wholly and totally rip-off Xena, Star Trek series and have the gall to call it their own or homages? Please they need to get off this crap and start writing decent material - use some of the fans ideas because really and truly they are much better than recycled sci-fi cliched cheese and faulty homages that stink like days old warm cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X