No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know, I was just thinking... the specific words were "significant loss" right? Not death? 'Cause superbaby could just be abducted by the bad guys and that would still qualify by TPTB as devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Y'know, I was just thinking... the specific words were "significant loss" right? Not death? 'Cause superbaby could just be abducted by the bad guys and that would still qualify by TPTB as devastating.
      That's what I'm thinking. SuperBaby gets abducted and Vala wants to join the team so she can find her child, something which Daniel understand. They *let* her join because the SharkBaby has some special powers which will help them defeat the Ori. Sounds like a cross between Shifu and Shau're. They wouldn't do that again.....would they????

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        Me, I'm just waiting for the "tell all" books that WILL come years after the show ends.
        i'm ready for it NOW! to know the *real* reasons for this seaon's shortcomings... *nods knowingly*

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Yep. Sounds about right to me.
          Spoiler:
          Killing off Demon Sprog/Key To Everlasting Life sounds more than plausible.
          And it would certainly explain
          Spoiler:
          The Darth Daniel/Anakin Jackson Situation
          for next year.
          how would it explain it? daniel and vala aren't 'involved'. are you saying you think the
          Spoiler:
          shark baby could be daniel's? that 'that' would send him over the edge?
          been there, done that, with jack.

i'm thinking something
          Spoiler:
          'changes' daniel into being dark.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

IF we're assuming that "significant loss" means a death, then here's my opinion:

-Jack: Talk about a shocker and one hell of a way to anger a fanbase. I just can't see TPTB going down that road.

-Vala: nope, unless they kill her only to have her come back later,
            Spoiler:
            which they've already done. Vala's spawn though...that could be fair game...

-Daniel, Sam, Teal'c: no way, unless it's the same resurrection scenario with Vala, which has been overdone anyway.

-Mitchell: That would be a shocker, but I don't see TPTB setting him up just to kill him in his second season.

-Lam: Quite possible. Though TPTB would have to get a lot of character development in for her character in the second half of season nine, since her death just wouldn't have the emotional impact in her current undeveloped state.

-Hammond: Maybe. Like Shadow said, it would be a bit jarring, considering that he's already left the show, but it would have a severe impact on Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel...

-Bra'tac: Very possible.

-Thor: Maybe, but unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              how would it explain it? daniel and vala aren't 'involved'. are you saying you think the
              Spoiler:
              shark baby could be daniel's? that 'that' would send him over the edge?
              been there, done that, with jack.

i'm thinking something
              Spoiler:

sally
              Nah. I'm not saying
              Spoiler:
              the sprog is his
              . I'm thinking something akin to
              Spoiler:
              Harcesis
              and all that entailed when it came about. Whoot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                ooh, yummy. they'll spoof the mallorean and have most of the season be the 'search for Superbaby!!!!!!'

yeah, that's original.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i'm thinking something
                  Spoiler:

sally
                  I think that's the most interesting premise. Is this all a big set-up for him to become
                  Spoiler:
                  one of the Ori? And then Vala can spend the S10 on the good guy's team helping to find a way to get him back and un-Ori him?

But I wouldn't put it past them to kill off Thor.

Comment

i doubt they'll do that. fans of the character would cry bloody murder if his character was 'forded'

if, and i mean it's a big IF tptb did that, my respect for them would grow a lot. because it'd be a ballsy, gutsy and intrigueing move.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't put it past TPTB to kill off *any* character - being it main cast, recurring, or in the "stargate universe." This
                      Spoiler:
                      loss could be Hammond, or, since they LOVE to point out that RDA is gone...ick, I can't bring myself to type that out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i doubt they'll do that. fans of the character would cry bloody murder if his character was 'forded'

if, and i mean it's a big IF tptb did that, my respect for them would grow a lot. because it'd be a ballsy, gutsy and intrigueing move.
                        Well, I'm a big fan of his character, and I think it would be an improvement compared to what's been happening with him in S9.

Actually, I was just trying to think of a way for TPTB to get Vala on the "good guys" side for a believable reason. Like maybe it turns out she is responsible for this happening in some way...and wants to set things right. Although I agree that it would be a very long shot in this case.

Comment

This strikes me as true stunt casting (sorry Joe). "We got her, now we just gotta explain why",
                          Unfortunately, this new retrospective explanation seems to be the new philosophy all round.

"We made Mitchell a Lt. Col. Oh, wait, now we have to find a way to explain why he's in charge of SG1 when Carter's a Lt. Col, too. We can't have two Lt. Cols."

"I know. Let's just say we need him to be in charge because he's a Lt. Col... That'll work."

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                            Unfortunately, this new retrospective explanation seems to be the new philosophy all round.

"We made Mitchell a Lt. Col. Oh, wait, now we have to find a way to explain why he's in charge of SG1 when Carter's a Lt. Col, too. We can't have two Lt. Cols."

"I know. Let's just say we need him to be in charge because he's a Lt. Col... That'll work."

Albion
                            LOL. Exactly! They put the carts before the horses on that one. What they really needed to do was make him a Major. I seem to recall someone...oh, who was it...used to be in charge of the SGC last year...said something along the lines of "I'm not putting anyone in charge of the premier field unit who has no offworld experience."

Pilot or no pilot (Jack still has the most flight time in the F-302), Hero or no hero, Mitchell should not have been put in charge of the flagship unit. And he shouldn't have been made a Lt. Col. They could have explained Sam not being there several different ways.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion
                              Yes, but "this one goes to 11."

Comment

putting the cart before the horse is how the show's been run lately

we need a new male lead. let's get ben, he's got a huge fan base. oh wait, he has to be the boss? but why? oh right, male leads must be bosses, but we promoted sam already, we can't demote her. no, cam is too young to be a colonel. oh, i know, we'll make them BOTH lt colonels. that'll work?

chain of command? what's that? we dont' need no stinkin chain of command, they'll just share.

look, we need to sex up the show. yeah, i know amanda's hot but we need antoher woman. claudia's good, great. oh and we loved her character in PU. but why wouldn't she join? folks keep asking for aris to return, she's just like aris, but sexier.

why would she join? oh we'll think of something. trust me, folks will love her so much that they won't care if her story doesn't make sense. wait, the actress is in the family way? well we'll jsut....we HAVE to have her in the finale? umm, ok, well vala is a woman after all, we'll just make her character pregnant. it'll be easier than shooting around baby. why will she be pregnant? umm, well, umm, well.......umm....oooh, ooh , know. Moses. we'll homage moses. it's a great story. it has to be since ABC shows it every easter.

IMHO the over all story arc of the show seems cobbled together and patchwork because it is.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X