S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    But haven't we all been asking that very same question: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SHE WANT TO?

This strikes me as true stunt casting (sorry Joe). "We got her, now we just gotta explain why", instead of "let's bring her in because it serves the plot and the direction of the show." How sad.
    Yeah, first we had
    Spoiler:
    TPTB decide to write Vala in as pregnant only because CB is pregnant herself, and now they want to keep Vala so they have to figure out how to write her into the show. It kind of feels like they're writing the show around Vala now, which has me worried about the other characters...

Comment

Have read the news on the GW front page about what Joe said about season 10 and I think I know who will be the "significant loss" at the end of episode 7: It seems that episode 8 "Memento Mori" will deal with this loss, too. So I think we can suppose that it´s must be an important character (and that the loss is the dead of a person is, considering how much Joe and Co enjoy to kill popular characters pretty sure for me).
      We know too that Sam will in season 8 go to the Pegasus galaxy and Daniel will turn significantly more dark than before. I think it´s very possible that this "loss" could be very well have something to do with the changes for this characters.

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

I´m almost completly sure that Jack will be the "loss". I mean it would make sense. Sam has a very close connection to Jack ( I don´t think that they are a pair but I agree with the shippers that Jack is for Sam very important) so why should she suddenly leave for Atlantis as long as Jack is still around?
      And for Daniel is Jack important, too. I don´t mean it in a slashy way but I think Jack is for Daniel one of the most important persons in his live. He is not only a good friend but (IMO) for Daniel some kind of father or/and older brother replacement. So it´s wouldn´t surprising me if Jack´s dead would send Daniel on a very dark path...

And naturally the most important reason: The fans. I suppose that Joe, RCC and Co. are pretty angy about all the questions considering a possible return of Jack.

It´s not that it´s surprising me at all. I´m not even very sad. I had it expected for a long time...had just hoped I would be wrong.

Comment

As I wanted change something on my post it appeard a second time. Tried to delete but it didn´t worked. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
          As I wanted change something on my post it appeard a second time. Tried to delete but it didn´t worked. Sorry.
          no worries, I caught that one for you

Comment

you know there's another possibility for joe's teasings

Spoiler:
            they'll kill off vala's super baby. and since said super baby is likely her reason for joining the team, it'll lead to the horrible crisis of 'why am i here' and everyone, who have totally fallen in love with her by the way, begging vala to hang around because, you know, they just can't do thier job without an ethically challenged individual to keep them on their toes
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Spoiler:
              they'll kill off vala's super baby. and since said super baby is likely her reason for joining the team, it'll lead to the horrible crisis of 'why am i here' and everyone, who have totally fallen in love with her by the way, begging vala to hang around because, you know, they just can't do thier job without an ethically challenged individual to keep them on their toes
              If you weren't a mod already, I'd complain about the positivity in this post.

I wouldn't think they would dare kill off
              Spoiler:
              Jack
              . The uproar over Sam's possible S10 situation was enough, think of what fandom would be like if that happened (and probably off screen ). Not only that they'd lose the carrot to dangle in front of long time fans.

The "significant loss" might not be a person. It could be something else we've cherished for a long time. Like the Stargate...

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                If you weren't a mod already, I'd complain about the positivity in this post.

I wouldn't think they would dare kill off
                Spoiler:
                Jack
                . The uproar over Sam's possible S10 situation was enough, think of what fandom would be like if that happened (and probably off screen ). Not only that they'd lose the carrot to dangle in front of long time fans.

The "significant loss" might not be a person. It could be something else we've cherished for a long time. Like the Stargate...

It might be the stargate or it might be
                Spoiler:
                Hammond

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  Spoiler:
                  Hammond
                  Just as long as it's not Walter.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                    its not like they need it anymore with all their fancy ships and stuff
                    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                      Just as long as it's not Walter.
                      can't be siler either, or major wood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                        Spoiler:
                        Hammond
                        If it is
                        Spoiler:
                        Hammond
                        , I'll be one pissed off fan. Even moreso than I was when Janet bit the big one.
                        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Spoiler:

Yep. Sounds about right to me.
                          Spoiler:
                          Killing off Demon Sprog/Key To Everlasting Life sounds more than plausible.
                          And it would certainly explain
                          Spoiler:
                          The Darth Daniel/Anakin Jackson Situation
                          for next year.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 15 December 2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            I agree with you. I think they have been planning to have Vala on the show as a regular since PU as well. The popularity of that episode for some fans stunned me. I was also stunned that some of the actors, and it seems like all the producers/writers/ network loved the story. PU was pushed and touted as such a great episode by so many men involved. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why! I couldn't watch it again. I couldn't stand scenes that had violence and sex in the same scene. CB is such a fine actress, but I just disliked so much the whole display of sexual inneundo and violence mixed together. But the writing was on the wall because TPTB thought it was so funny.

I think Vala will be a bit different in season 10, but this is RCC's creation--so he'll push it until the show ends. CB will give it her all in her portrayal of Vala. I am really glad that Jonathon Glassner created the character of Sam.
                            Now here I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I am not alone. amazing.

Comment

The "significant loss" will be the last shred of dignity TPTB have. Assuming they haven't lost it already. Personally, I think they're beyond hope and they've taken the show down with them.

Character-wise, though? Jack is a good guess. I dunno if TPTB have the balls to do that, but if they HAVE lost all dignity (and any sense of self-preservation) it could well be a possibility.

Bra'tac is likely, IMO, as is Hammond- although killing George NOW would be a bit empty seeing as he's not on the show anymore (ditto that for Jack).

Lam. Judging from some of the comments I've read, she isn't all that popular. I also think there was some question of whether or not she was returning, but I haven't been keeping up on the details. Killing off the doctor- AGAIN- would also probably be considered cool by TPTB. Kinda like how non-AR-1 members on missions with McKay tend to die... only not as fun.

Significant? Thor, I suppose. Although he hasn't been around much lately, anyway. It's hard to think of anyone the fans might care about... and even harder to discern what Joe means by "significant". He has some very strange definitions of words.

How about that Jaffa council guy? Maybe he'll die and Teal'c will be implicated the entire Jaffa nation will turn against him, casting him once more into the role of shol'vah.

Comment

bratac would be a very viable option, especially as he's been quoting how close to death he is since, oh season one????

i agree that hammy is a no-go, and i can't see them killing jack. nor can i see them caring about Lam. Landry???? nah

vala? won't happen. skiffy loves her too much. she's probably safer than any othe member of the cast other than ben

daniel, sam or teal'c??? they won't shoot themselves in the foot like that, not mid season anyway. it'd be a waste of money seeing as, i'm sure, the actors would get paid for a full season even if they were pushing up daisies by episode 3.

ishta? nah, been no mention of her. IMHO gerak will be toast by the end of this season. none of the other jaffa are 'important' enough to kill about killing

bratac, however, would fall in line with the current 'ideals' of getting rid of anyone who's not young and pretty

so, i guess i'm torn between super baby or 'old coot'

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X