No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, been gone for a while (playing my Xbox 360 ). I can't believe all the bad news about S10. CB a regular cast member! AT may be getting reduced time on SG-1 to be on Atlantis a bit! This is a complete nightmare. They have ruined one of the best Sci-Fi shows of all time. I just can't stand this!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble
      When I read Joe's statement, my thought was that it would be *Landry* arguing that Vala should be on SG-1. No reason, just a feeling. Daniel would be arguing very strongly against it, but Landry would want her there because his superiors want her on the team because she maybe has some secret knowledge or power to help defeat the Ori (baby shark?) The government uses all sorts of untrustworthy people if it serves their purpose. But then, I thought, well...if Landry's superiors wanted it, he wouldn't have to argue with Daniel about it. SG-1 is a military operation and they can do whatever they want really *without* Daniel's approval.
      True, I have a feeling it will be Daniel. It fits with his inconsistant morality. At best it could be a "why?" discussion after the deed is done.

I was trying to be positive about him for once, it may be a while before my next DJ supporting post.

Re: still being the moral compass.
      He might want to check it hasn't become demagnatised.

Comment

referencing daniel descending evil:

LOL

i had that very same plot bunny back then. remember shamda, teh old dude, the one that warned jack 'things are not as they appear' or somthing like that.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Bump to post the latest info from Joe's blog regarding Vala:
          Spoiler:
          "With Vala on board for all of season 10, we have to ask ourselves: Why would she want to join Stargate Command? Why would we want her to join Stargate Command? And, of course, do we feel that we can trust her? All of these questions come up in this episode and are answered, temporarily at least. "

Looks like Vala's joining up with the SG1 team after all. I'm a bit worried with how they're going to write it in and how they're going to make it believeable. I guess if they can make the SGC completely inept while Vala was around in those first few episodes then maybe it's not going to be that difficult...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Spoiler:
            "With Vala on board for all of season 10, we have to ask ourselves: Why would she want to join Stargate Command? Why would we want her to join Stargate Command? And, of course, do we feel that we can trust her? All of these questions come up in this episode and are answered, temporarily at least. "

Looks like Vala's joining up with the SG1 team after all. I'm a bit worried with how they're going to write it in and how they're going to make it believeable. I guess if they can make the SGC completely inept while Vala was around in those first few episodes then maybe it's not going to be that difficult...
            Another snippet that makes me extremely nervous:

Spoiler:
            I started the second script, Counter-Strike, which I believe has been slotted for the 7 spot. Lots of good emotion in this one, bonding, and a significant loss at episode's end.

Now when I hear the term "significant loss" I harken back to Janet Fraiser and get a sick sense that someone big is going to be killed off. Am I overreacting?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Another snippet that makes me extremely nervous:

Spoiler:
              I started the second script, Counter-Strike, which I believe has been slotted for the 7 spot. Lots of good emotion in this one, bonding, and a significant loss at episode's end.

Now when I hear the term "significant loss" I harken back to Janet Fraiser and get a sick sense that someone big is going to be killed off. Am I overreacting?
              Well, if you are overreacting, that makes two of us. Every time Joe throws that "emotional loss" line out there (which he seems to be doing with an ever increasing frequency), images of Bra'tac face down in a puddle of his own blood race through my mind. Still, trying to stay positive. That's why I'm here in the anti-thread, of course. You want pie-in-the-sky? I'm hoping that this "emotional loss" is the space baby biting the dust.

Comment

Spoiler:

But haven't we all been asking that very same question: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SHE WANT TO?

This strikes me as true stunt casting (sorry Joe). "We got her, now we just gotta explain why", instead of "let's bring her in because it serves the plot and the direction of the show." How sad.

Comment

Spoiler:

of course, now they have to force the story to accomodate the character. IMHO, vala's joining the cast was decided a year and a h alf ago with the farce that was PU. and they will have her, by hook or by crook and will do whatever they have to to shoe horn her in

man, i wish they'd be this dedicated about a plot development that i found more favorable

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    of course, now they have to force the story to accomodate the character. IMHO, vala's joining the cast was decided a year and a h alf ago with the farce that was PU. and they will have her, by hook or by crook and will do whatever they have to to shoe horn her in

man, i wish they'd be this dedicated about a plot development that i found more favorable

Me, I'm just waiting for the "tell all" books that WILL come years after the show ends.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Me, I'm just waiting for the "tell all" books that WILL come years after the show ends.
                      Oh, you won't have to wait that long...I'm betting on the first convention after the show folds.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        Oh, you won't have to wait that long...I'm betting on the first convention after the show folds.
                        More than likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          i doubt it. the vancouver industry is pretty small. those that mess in the sandbox often aren't invited back to play.

some people may make a few comments about events, but that'll be all.

the only actors who 'tell all' are those that don't have anything to lose...in other words an actor who's retiring and no longer needs or wants to work

sigpic

Comment

i doubt it. the vancouver industry is pretty small. those that mess in the sandbox often aren't invited back to play.

some people may make a few comments about events, but that'll be all.

the only actors who 'tell all' are those that don't have anything to lose...in other words an actor who's retiring and no longer needs or wants to work
                            Perhaps. But only time will tell who knows how to hold their tongue and who will hold a grudge long after the fact.

Comment

I agree with you. I think they have been planning to have Vala on the show as a regular since PU as well. The popularity of that episode for some fans stunned me. I was also stunned that some of the actors, and it seems like all the producers/writers/ network loved the story. PU was pushed and touted as such a great episode by so many men involved. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why! I couldn't watch it again. I couldn't stand scenes that had violence and sex in the same scene. CB is such a fine actress, but I just disliked so much the whole display of sexual inneundo and violence mixed together. But the writing was on the wall because TPTB thought it was so funny.

I think Vala will be a bit different in season 10, but this is RCC's creation--so he'll push it until the show ends. CB will give it her all in her portrayal of Vala. I am really glad that Jonathon Glassner created the character of Sam.
                              Last edited by chocdoc; 14 December 2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                PU was pushed and touted as such a great episode by so many men involved. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why! .

yep, you know i gotta wonder if we're in 'chicken and the egg' time

was PU really that popular or was it popular because it was crammed down our throats and held up as the epitomy of fantastic episodes and was pimped and pushed and promoted to pieces

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X